skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Greased Lightning works like a charm. Let it soak and wet vacuum it out.
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just took the Bronco to the dealer for its 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation based on the warranty I bought. They did the oil change and failed to do a 5 tire rotation. Do you know the service manager told me most people don’t want the spare rotated. Like what dude, it’s standard and a no brainer in making sure they all get in the rotation. I asked him do you think Jeeps don’t get a 5 tire rotation. So I had take it back for that and they left oil/grease stains on my seat. They are trying to clean it but worst case scenario that they can’t, any ideas of how to clean this?! The good news is I blasted them on FB that the CEO of the dealer reached out to me and provided me a rental until they can figure out a way to get these stains removed.

DE0C67D8-908C-4597-8DAA-F056311846A7.jpeg

BD57384E-21D7-4AD8-A592-EB98BD41952C.jpeg
I worked at a Jeep dealer for 4 years and 99% of the people did not want the spare rotated due to the minimal extra cost.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good catch. The owner's manual says to do a 5 tire rotation with TPMS relearn at a dealer, or if you are doing it yourself do a 4 tire rotation so that no TPMS relearn is required.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5 tire rotation is a must, IMO. I do it (myself) on both of our Jeeps. at every oil change or after every other wheeling trip, along with an air filter check/clean/replace and a visual check of all suspension bolts. easy stuff to do in the driveway, takes less than an hour to do both jeeps with onboard tools. half that if I'm in the shop with my lift and full tool set.

Given your experience with the dealer, might be wise to just handle this stuff yourself. While I fully get the desire to "get what you paid for" in warranty service... there is something to be said for knowing things are done right. Imagine being out on a trail, something goes wrong, and you have to just wonder "did the dealer do X or Y?" not a position I want to find myself in.

Good luck getting the seat cleaned! regardless of best practice for maintenance, they should absolutely be held accountable for fixing their mistake.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In fairness, I think it's been a very long time since any Ford dealer has had to do a 5 tire rotation. Even on vehicles with a full size spare, the spare wheel is usually a steel wheel compared to the alloys on the other tires.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WOW! I'd have gone full John Goodman in Big Lebowski on them. I'd hound ford and the dealership for some new seats or some type of compensation be it free service or whatever.
" This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man. "
Ford Bronco First Oil Change at Dealer…disaster the-big-lebowski-rage

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just took the Bronco to the dealer for its 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation based on the warranty I bought. They did the oil change and failed to do a 5 tire rotation. Do you know the service manager told me most people don’t want the spare rotated. Like what dude, it’s standard and a no brainer in making sure they all get in the rotation. I asked him do you think Jeeps don’t get a 5 tire rotation. So I had take it back for that and they left oil/grease stains on my seat. They are trying to clean it but worst case scenario that they can’t, any ideas of how to clean this?! The good news is I blasted them on FB that the CEO of the dealer reached out to me and provided me a rental until they can figure out a way to get these stains removed.

I dont know anyone that does a 5 tire rotation...

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP clearly isn't talking about standard vehicles without a full size spare. You're right though that I've never heard of anyone who rotates in their full size spare aside from wrangler owners.
The rear spare is a dying breed. I rotated in my FJCruiser spare. It was probably a service rep that knew his folks were overwork and/or short staffed. They were trying to minimize the what work they had to do on this particular job.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, that's just horrible on the seats. Plain negligence on their part. They should have put plastic on the seats. Heck yeah they should figure out how to clean them.

On the five tire rotation- I have a Jeep Wrangler and don't do it, only 4. I debated and still debate whether I should have done it. I was too worried about uneven wear on one of the tires- the spare- like having 5K miles on all of the tires and 0 on the spare on the very first rotation.
If you are worried about uneven tire wear at 5,000 miles what do you think of uneven tire wear if you need the spare at 20,000 miles?

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jeep dealer around me do not do 5 tire rotations unless you request it and pay extra. I never did 5 tire rotations. I'd just wear out the 4 tires on the ground, buy 3 new tires, put the spare into the rotation and replace it with the worn tire in the best condition.

When I did the math on what the dealer charged for the 5 tire rotation(I think $25 per rotation), it was financially better to do it the way I did.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks but I'm sure they'll make it right.

I've been debating the 5 tire rotation and am going to do it simply for the fact that you don't want to run in 4A with mismatched tire sizes. Probably not a super plausible case to be at 35K, get a flat and then need to run in 4A for an extended period of time.

But I'm used to needing to have matched tires on AWD vehicles (Audi and Jeep). Running mismatched tire sizes can mess with the clutches in the T-Case.

I just got burned on my Grand Cherokee, 30K on the tires and I had a non-repairable flat, needed to buy 4 new tires.

You get 20% extended tire life and if you decide to change tires at the next tire change you won't have a brand new miss-matched spare.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Makes me wonder...are the full size spares balanced from the factory as well? I would assume so, but never really thought about it.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes me wonder...are the full size spares balanced from the factory as well? I would assume so, but never really thought about it.
Yes
Sponsored