First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
5 tire rotation is a must, IMO. I do it (myself) on both of our Jeeps. at every oil change or after every other wheeling trip, along with an air filter check/clean/replace and a visual check of all suspension bolts. easy stuff to do in the driveway, takes less than an hour to do both jeeps with onboard tools. half that if I'm in the shop with my lift and full tool set.

Given your experience with the dealer, might be wise to just handle this stuff yourself. While I fully get the desire to "get what you paid for" in warranty service... there is something to be said for knowing things are done right. Imagine being out on a trail, something goes wrong, and you have to just wonder "did the dealer do X or Y?" not a position I want to find myself in.

Good luck getting the seat cleaned! regardless of best practice for maintenance, they should absolutely be held accountable for fixing their mistake.
Trust me my husband is waiting to get his hands on the vehicle so he can do the next oil change.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how long that wait will be.
Well, about that. If I looked up the correct part there are 0 in the depot and no remarks as to why. It appears to be a supplier direct ship item so it might go out right away if ordered. Not very expensive but still, no help if you can't get.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, even though I do a 5 tire rotation on several vehicles, I believe I'm in the minority. Most Jeep spares I see look like they've never seen the ground either, so I doubt it's that common anywhere. Whenever it comes up here there's always lots of questions on how it's done. My guess is they've probably never had anyone want them to include the spare in the rotation.

The seat though, that's a disaster. Hope they get it clean without messing it up.
This, I have had my Wrangler for 7 years. Not one 5 tire rotation done.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is why I'm opting for the grease-colored cloth interior.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don’t worry about the spare rotting out or anything?! That was my concern and when I first bought the Bronco people were saying to not cover the tires and to have them rotated to avoid them rotting out. Am I wrong?
Have a full size 37 spare on my Jeep that's never been rotated in. Its been 6+ years now, and its perfectly fine. I've looked over the spare tire every rotation, not even close to rotting. Honestly would rotate it in if its wasn't an absolute pain in the ass to get off the carrier/get another put on by myself.

That all being said, rotating in the spare isn't a terrible idea. You'll get 20% additional wear out of the tires as a whole as compared to not rotating it in. However when it comes time to buy new tires, well, you're buying 5 instead of 4.

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I honestly debated with this before my order and sided with cloth since the WT has a more rugged look. I guess we shall see what the dealer tells me, otherwise they are giving me a new seat. And they better know how to fix that!! Ridiculous, I’ve had it for 3 months only to have a dealer (mechanic) mess up my seats!! Ugh!!
Stay positive. Working in automotive service for over 10 years I can promise you that if you you are kind to the dealer through the promise you'll get taken care of

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are worried about uneven tire wear at 5,000 miles what do you think of uneven tire wear if you need the spare at 20,000 miles?
Yeah, really good point you have there. I thought of one other reason- and probably the main reason I did not include it in the rotation. I bought the tires from Tire Warehouse. 4 balanced up real good, needed minimum weights. The last one needed so many weights for it to run true. I probably should have returned the tire but didn't want to go through the hassle. So it remains a spare, hopefully never to be used. I don't use the Jeep a lot, it's more of a show Jeep that I was going to sell to get my Basesquatch. But it's been 2 years and I put $$ in the Jeep and now can't part with it.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this is not the norm?! I’ve gotten mixed reviews on this. Is it more of a preference?! I thought it was best to rotate them to prevent rotting?
Honestly, I would say it is not the norm..but to each their own

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
- Does one need to do anything special with TPMS during a 5-tire rotation?
- Is the spare kept at the same psi as the rest while not in use? (Never checked)
- Since there are multiple ways to do a 5-tire rotation, do you give the dealership / service place a diagram every time to make sure it’s done consistently? Otherwise if you alternate approaches not all tires will see all corners.

Personally, I want different tires but not enough to take a big loss on selling/replacing partially used SAS tires right now with rubber prices what they are. Maybe I’ll only do 4-tire for now until they wear out and start 5-tire once actually sitting on the tires I want.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And neither do the first Broncos out the door. It is a change for 2022 or an option but if my spare had a TPMS in it then it would display on the dash when viewing tire pressure.

It's bad enough when tires are rotated and the rotation locations are not reset
my spare on my 21 has the TPMS in it, I know because I got a flat from a sharp rock so now that flat tire (fixed with plug and patch) is on the back and after a couple hours (or minutes? I checked in the morning) the Bronco showed me all 4 tires again and I double checked pressure to make sure it's not reading the spare and my rear left tire. Pressure on the spare was 34, not 39 like all the others came from factory. Of course I don't know if that's standard or if I just got lucky and they put one on by mistake.

As for 5 tire rotation, I originally planned to ask for that, but now that it's a fixed tire I'm not sure I want to. I'll most likely get different tires once these (Sasquatch) are worn out. But I'd also not ask for a rotation at just 5k miles but I guess it's in the OPs warranty/contract. I don't know what's covered in the "normal" 5k oil exchange that's free at my dealer. Have about 1700 miles more to go.

My Taco has a full size spare underneath, it's never been rotated in and in almost 19 years I've lowered it once to see how that works, never got a flat, it's still the same old tire, during service they seem to make sure it's properly deflated. I don't take that truck off road anymore and if I get a flat somewhere around town I'll call AAA, unlikely it'll be a full blow out that can't be fixed on the road. The tires I have on there are from American Tire and have a road hazard warranty of some sort too. But also, most days of the year I could just walk home from where ever I went or take a quick uber in case I really get stranded. Now let me find some wood to knock on :-D

As for the dirt, that's not acceptable, but I'd also not call it a disaster, should be easy to clean. If not they can replace it. But any detailer worth their $ should have no problem with that unless it actually stained the fabric like paint or something. Good luck with that!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all personal choice, no right or wrong answer on this one..... The grease on the seat that sucks!!!!

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@omega145 I deserved that lol. My dealer is on the level. I forgot about the real world.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2009 H3T has a full size spare and no TPMS sensor. It's not a Federal Requirement for the spare to have a sensor. It's not a Federal Requirement to use a sensor at all if the system is indirect reading and is compliant with the TREADS law, which is notification when a tire is 20% below manufacturer spec.
2009 was quite a while ago as vehicle standards and practices go. I was told it's a liability issue unless marked as a spare somehow, federal regulation or not, sometimes the lawyers win. Ford isn't giving you one on the spare out of the goodness of their heart.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have an OEM spare from 1986, looks mint, but not sure I would use it. I will say just be glad you got a spare unlike some other vehicles and I am not talking the plastic ones with run flats.
Sponsored