Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I can honestly say Ive never been so confused by a new vehicle in my life. Went to dealer for my first oil change and thought for sure the NEW guidelines was 6 quarts (2.7L v6). Came to pick up the truck and they put in 7. Dealer is actually very good, high volume, and is a major Roush dealer so I know they have seen these before and have capable mechanics. Any updates on the actual amount that should be added? Dealer told me they use the latest guidelines.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, you didn't even try to use the search function.

How is that going?

Also, I heard that there is a rear cup holders issue on the 4-doors. Anyone with info on that, please chime in!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Latest guidelines are still 6 quarts per Ford. They also claim 7 is okay though, so you shouldn’t have any issues. There are multiple posts about this already. No reason to keep rehashing the same information in new posts, just do a search.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you may have been misled, they put in about 6.2 (until the dipstick reads full), but they charge rounded up, to 7.

See my other posting on this subject.

Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had my oil changed today. The dealer gave me this sheet.

Ford Bronco First oil change......dealer put in 7 quarts scan

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can honestly say Ive never been so confused by a new vehicle in my life. Went to dealer for my first oil change and thought for sure the NEW guidelines was 6 quarts (2.7L v6). Came to pick up the truck and they put in 7. Dealer is actually very good, high volume, and is a major Roush dealer so I know they have seen these before and have capable mechanics. Any updates on the actual amount that should be added? Dealer told me they use the latest guidelines.
So, you didn't even try to use the search function.

How is that going?

Also, I heard that there is a rear cup holders issue on the 4-doors. Anyone with info on that, please chime in!
So far all oil changes are dealer. First 7 quarts. Fall of 21. Second I did not pay attention was last spring might have been 6 or 7.

Third one just last month at a closer dealer, not where I purchased, 6 quarts.

The only issue with rear cupholders I have is can't fold armrest down to access when person or packages are in third position. That said, with 2 riders in the back they each have one armrest cup holder and one door pocket mug holder designed to fit a quart size mug with a handle
Sponsored