Sponsored

First post. Leaving my Rubicon for the Bronco.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I put in a reservation in May. I'm aware that my wait will be long. I chose the 2 door Badlands, 2.7, Auto, Squatch, Lux.
For the last 9 years or so, my wheeler/Summertime convertible has been a 2004 TJ. It's fairly unstoppable, but the ride on the trails is rough on the spine to say the least. That drive home after being behind the wheel for 10 hours or so isn't awesome.

I've studied these new Broncos extensively. I've watched every video on youtube that I can find. But I needed to be able to drive one before just up and buying one and letting go of my beloved Jeep. (I thought I would be buried in her never expected a vehicle like the Bronco to emerge)

They finally started showing up around the Greater Seattle Area. I've been lucky enough to test drive 2. The first was a nonsquatch badlands with the 7 speed. Lux. I was amazed at how easy it was to drive. I haven't driven a clutch in 5 years. (Jeep's an auto) The last clutch I drove was my bro's 2016 WRX, and it was a handful.
I felt it had plenty of power, but I wouldn't have minded more.

The next day I got to drive another 2.3, but with the squatch package. This was an OBX with LUX. I thought it had plenty of scoot, a lot more than the 4 door with the 7 speed. I was stoked to be able to park my Jeep next to it to compare the size.

Can't wait for my Bronco. Gonna miss my Jeep though.

Ford Bronco First post.  Leaving my Rubicon for the Bronco. IMG_8335
Ford Bronco First post.  Leaving my Rubicon for the Bronco. IMG_8346
Ford Bronco First post.  Leaving my Rubicon for the Bronco. IMG_8344
Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welcome to the club. (y) I've had two JKUs and a JLU over the last 10 years. In the height of the used car craziness a few months ago, I decided to sell my JLU to Vroom. They were offering $200 less than what I paid for it out the door 9 months and 14,000 miles prior. I had a reservation on an F-150 Lightning, but switched it to a Bronco after getting nervous about so much tech on a first year model. I've yet to see a Bronco in person, but I'm excited about the possibilities after seeing pictures and real world reviews by B6G posters.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a 2018 JLUS new and LOVED it. Except the seating position and interior lack of roominess.

I sold my Jeep last week for a great price and just put money down on a 2 Door V6 Outer Banks, Non Sasquatch demo model because I can't stand to wait until Christmas 2022 or later if I order one....

The 2 Door Bronco is so much more comfortable/roomy that it is unbelievable! I never minded how the Jeep Drove, in fact I kind of liked it. But the Bronco is Worlds better.

OP
OP
ezapar

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Super dead thread bump!
I finally got the "built" part checked on the tracker! I should have it by the end of the month according to Ford! WHOOHOO!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I replaced my 05 LJ Rubicon with the Bronco. Some things I miss,like being able to abuse it without second thought, but I'm a long time Bronco fan so it was a must have. And I love it, received 11-26-21.
Sponsored