Sponsored

First Responder Broncos (+ images of two Gen 5 Bronco in EMS/LE duty)

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are a 9-1-1 first responder (LE, FD, EMS, pro or vollie) raise your hand! ( Myself, 10+ years as an active 9-1-1 fire and EMS volunteer in Florida, Utah and Virginia)

I'm curious to know in the Gen 6 will appeal to or even be marketed to first responder agencies? I've seen in the past the Jeep in LE or fire/EMS duty in remote or coastal locales.

Here are two images I took back in 1997 and dug up. One is from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office (Florida Panhandle with big coastal/beach area) and one from New York City. This Bronco was used by NYC*EMS prior to the merger (hostile takeover?) with the FDNY and was repainted to FDNY colors. Very few Broncos served in NYC duty if I remember correctly. Only other instance would be NYPD Mounted Unit.

If others have images of Broncos in public safety duty, please share!

Ford Bronco First Responder Broncos (+ images of two Gen 5 Bronco in EMS/LE duty) OKALOOSA SO BRONCO

1996 Ford Bronco used by Okaloosa County (Fl) Sheriff's Office.

Ford Bronco First Responder Broncos (+ images of two Gen 5 Bronco in EMS/LE duty) FDNY BRONCO

1996 (?) FDNY Bronco used by EMS.

(Both images copyright 1997 by Rick Charles.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wife lady is a career firefighter/paramedic. Most of those brush trucks are 1/2 tons although they did just sell a sweet TJ that served for a while. I'm sure she wouldn't mind having to drive a Bronco haha.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could see CBP running them as scouts Hell they used Raptors. ??ā€ā™‚

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure we will see them in various first responder rolls, LE, fire, SaR etc.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are a 9-1-1 first responder (LE, FD, EMS, pro or vollie) raise your hand! ( Myself, 10+ years as an active 9-1-1 fire and EMS volunteer in Florida, Utah and Virginia)

I'm curious to know in the Gen 6 will appeal to or even be marketed to first responder agencies? I've seen in the past the Jeep in LE or fire/EMS duty in remote or coastal locales.

Here are two images I took back in 1997 and dug up. One is from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office (Florida Panhandle with big coastal/beach area) and one from New York City. This Bronco was used by NYC*EMS prior to the merger (hostile takeover?) with the FDNY and was repainted to FDNY colors. Very few Broncos served in NYC duty if I remember correctly. Only other instance would be NYPD Mounted Unit.

If others have images of Broncos in public safety duty, please share!

Ford Bronco First Responder Broncos (+ images of two Gen 5 Bronco in EMS/LE duty) Bronco Space Force

1996 Ford Bronco used by Okaloosa County (Fl) Sheriff's Office.

Ford Bronco First Responder Broncos (+ images of two Gen 5 Bronco in EMS/LE duty) Bronco Space Force

1996 (?) FDNY Bronco used by EMS.

(Both images copyright 1997 by Rick Charles.)
You might see some with Beach Patrols, but I donā€™t see much other application, unless some local municipality just wants them to have something different. How many agencies use Wranglers?

OP
OP
BroncOBX

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You might see some with Beach Patrols, but I donā€™t see much other application, unless some local municipality just wants them to have something different. How many agencies use Wranglers?
The only places are in beach areas like you said. But recently LE agencies are moving more and more to full size SUVs like Explorers for routine patrol. In a 100% 4x4 beach community like Corova Beach, NC, even the local SO uses boring pickups. So I would expect to see more F150s (or similar from other makes) than Broncos but there be one or two for the "cool factor" with the community outreach unit or similar.
Sponsored

Last edited: