First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have owned my BB 4-door, with MIC top and 2.7 for almost a month. I took a 500 mile road trip this weekend.

The Good: went through a bunch of rain storms and washed it when I got home....no roof leaks! 2.7 has a lot of power....easy to get up to speed and cruise 75-80 mph. Cruise control maintains constant speed going up and down hills. The ride is smoother than my 2015 crew cab f150. Better than expected fuel mileage...21-22 mpg. Handling is decent compared to f150. Put it in Sport mode on curvy two lane roads and it made big difference.....faster acceleration out of turns and holds gears longer, so less braking on downhills. Had three or four people ask how I liked it and general questions.....definitely draws attention.

The Bad: over 75 mph...definitely increased road noise.....i'm assuming from lack of aerodynamics. The seats are not nearly as comfortable as the ones in my f150. Still can't get used to weird way tailgate opens...i'm thinking of taking off the hydraulic cylinder. The flat windshield definitely attract bugs. First vehicle i've had with automatic climate control.....it's strange how the fan will start blowing really strong by itself. Also, the satellite radio reception is not nearly as good as in my f150.....quite often I would lose signal.....and not just for a second or two....more like 15 or 20 seconds.

Great upgrade: Visited TRL automotive shop and the owner used my Bronco as prototype to make an auto stop eliminator. This is a legit company and Travis was very accommodating. His product is incredible and I feel very fortunate to have this installed on my Bronco......no longer have to remember to push the button to override the auto stop. He videoed the entire process and it should be available for sale within next couple weeks. It looks to be a simple install and I highly recommend if you don't like the inconvenience, or can't remember, to push the override button.
Sponsored

Last edited: