Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all -

I've always wanted a Jeep (mainly for top/doors off functionality), but due to how slow they've been with things like Apple Carplay and general interior technology features, I've held off.

Then I saw the Bronco and all the specs, and immediately placed a reservation (Black Diamond).

But, I'm a novice when it comes to using these on the trail. I would envision the first few years this will be 97% Daily Driver. I could see as the years go on taking it more to the trails. I envision owning this Bronco for a long long time, eventually becoming just a second vehicle.

Because I'm a trail novice, in some cases I don't know what many of the "features" of the different trims are, and certainly don't know how valuable they are to me. For example:
What is the "Modular Front Bumper" for?
Locking Front and Rear Differential?
Sway Bar Disconnect?
The HOSS with the upgraded "Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers"

All of those things, I don't REALLY know what they do, or if there is any value in me going up the trim line for these items.

I love the looks of the Sasquatch package, but again, don't know that any of those things (besides wheels/tires) are needed by me.

Price isn't a huge concern for me, but I don't love the idea of getting a BD and then going aftermarket for wheels/tires/lift because I like the Sasquatch look. I would probably prefer to get it from the factory, but that means I'm getting all of these special trail items that I don't even know what they are:)

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Subscribed for the info as well!

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A BD with Sasquatch is probably your best bet. It is better to have lockers than to not. Lockers lock the wheels so that they both turn which helps when traction, or lack thereof, becomes an issue. You will most likely be just fine w/out the swaybar disconnect since you would have to upgrade all the way to a Badlands to get it. Modular steel bumper just means that Ford has designed the bumper to easily accommodate accessories like a winch and lights. Again, you can't really go wrong with having better suspension included in the Sasq package. This will improve your daily driving experience as well as any off-roading. This is a good (old) video that explains how differentials work.

Sponsored