JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That video is really cool. One trip through the brushes is not the end of the world. The soaps they use are high alkalinity to remove all the bugs, junk and gunk, so they tend to strip off wax and sealants, so use caution even with touchless.
I find detailing relaxing and do it myself. Some folks hate it and others just don't have the time. There are ways to do all of the options without destroying your finish, just get up to speed on the products and techniques and you can make any of them work.

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
These type car washes have come a long way since the first ones that had those plastic brushes. I don't think the new ones will ruin the paint like in the past, but I would definitely be worried about the plastic windows. It wouldn't take much grime to cause a mess of scratches. Myself I prefer the brushless washes, and don't use those often. And, if I ever get my Brocno I'm not sure that big, long soft top could handle the pressure of a brushless wash.
The soft top is fine with brush less, its pretty tough. At least my bronco soft top is, I take it all the time and no issues with leaks or anything. I have heard others with soft and hard top having leaks from car washes though.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Before-after, it was like 5 steps with bubble soaking first, hand wash and final splash with RO water.

ghost-jpg.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg
From what some of the other posters on the thread have said, you should be eligible for reparations. The paint! For heaven’s sake, the paint!!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The soft top is fine with brush less, its pretty tough. At least my bronco soft top is, I take it all the time and no issues with leaks or anything. I have heard others with soft and hard top having leaks from car washes though.
Thanks Cole, that's good to hear. I was wondering if that long section over the top of the doors would be troublesome. I dropped the MIC in hopes it would help a little in getting a build date. I've got two other convertibles in the garage, and just wanted a hard top on the Bronco. But, another soft top is fine.

Sponsored

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The detergents used in the automatic car wash destroy the UV protection in the top. Just ask Haartz, who makes the tops. It doesn't show up the next day, idiots.

Enjoy buying a new top in a few years, instead of ten, or a lifetime.
Name calling in a thread about washing cars... Not sure why you're so angry, maybe your life sucks, but take a breath and get over it.

I've washed multiple convertible and jeep soft tops countless times over the course of many yrs without "destroying" my tops, or my paint, even in one of the harshest UV environments, FL. So I guess it doesn't show up the next day, or even over the course of years for that matter. Sorry to have to refute your oh so eloquent argument with real life experience.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The detergents used in the automatic car wash destroy the UV protection in the top. Just ask Haartz, who makes the tops. It doesn't show up the next day, idiots.

Enjoy buying a new top in a few years, instead of ten, or a lifetime.
So what detergents ARE acceptable in Haartz's/ your eyes?

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When the Bronco (or any other new vehicle) rolls off the delivery truck, what do dealerships use to wash the newly arrived Broncos? I doubt they are hand washing them.

Sponsored

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When the Bronco (or any other new vehicle) rolls off the delivery truck, what do dealerships use to wash the newly arrived Broncos? I doubt they are hand washing them.
Mine does in Idaho

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance. How the hell am I supposed to wash my Bronco and actually get it clean?

So far it sounds like no drive thru car washes, brushless or otherwise.

If I takenl it to the old school quarter car wash and don't use the brush, my bronco is not going to get clean.

So what is the solution to getting her clean without swirls, scratches, leaking , or ruining the softtop?

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forgive my ignorance. How the hell am I supposed to wash my Bronco and actually get it clean?

So far it sounds like no drive thru car washes, brushless or otherwise.

If I takenl it to the old school quarter car wash and don't use the brush, my bronco is not going to get clean.

So what is the solution to getting her clean without swirls, scratches, leaking , or ruining the softtop?
Don’t ever take it off-road or get it dirty. But then you will get in trouble with a different subset of the forum, so tread lightly … or ruggedly … or shit I don’t know

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lmao. If you're using a brush style wash that often your paint is NOT perfect. You may not see it, but anyone in to detailing will.
Question for those who know paint anf detailing. I have not thought to look closely at Bronco paint on the few I have seen (still waiting for vin, week 1 rez), but over last few years I noticed a high end mercedes with orange peel in the paint straight off the lot as well as lots of other new cars (regardless of brand). People seem to not even blink at this, but I was shocked to see having worked in body shop at 16 and having to resand and wet sand cars for painter if happened when spraying. How is the Bronco factory paint? Much orange peel? Regards, Alabama
Sponsored