Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if the T-Handles...
Quick-Release Tie Down Anchors from GPCA...would cut even more time off the process?
Compared to using a drill or impact driver, they would only slow you down.
Sponsored

HaloBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Quick-Release Tie Down Anchors from GPCA...would cut even more time off the process?
I bought them for mine, waiting to see

Reactions: Cat

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched with the sound off, but I feel the need to thank you for speeding it up. So many people are trying to drag out videos on how to change a light bulb to 25 minutes or more.

Also, that is a mighty fine Bronco and a great place to run topless. @HotdogThud has been begging me to go camping in SoCal for the weather. Enjoy your Bronco!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I watched with the sound off, but I feel the need to thank you for speeding it up. So many people are trying to drag out videos on how to change a light bulb to 25 minutes or more.

Also, that is a mighty fine Bronco and a great place to run topless. @HotdogThud has been begging me to go camping in SoCal for the weather. Enjoy your Bronco!
I have? the only thing I've been begging you to do is get out my DM's, broseph.

SPK4102

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, the two door looks so awesome with the top off!! Hopefully one of these days I will be able to do the same!

Sponsored

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video! Thanks. I can't wait for May here in Massachusetts (assuming I have the Bronco by then, which is not assured, obviously!)

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

80+ degrees all week here in Southern California, thought I’d take the hard top off. This is my first time removing it and was amazed how easy it was. I used a powered drill which sped things up. The video below is spead up 2x. Did all the work myself but definitely needed a friend to remove the back shell. Three minutes forty five seconds!

Great Video! Can't wait to try it out when my 2 door arrives...

One tiny suggestion on the video:
Can you speed it up to 4x and maybe add the "Benny Hill show" soundtrack as the audio? j/k

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice!

That's the configuration I want, too. Base 2 door with those Outer Banks/Badlands wheels.

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thought that was strange in the video. My two-door does not have the extra bolts at the top/roof. For the main, rear piece of the top, it’s just the 8 bolts on the interior. MIC V1 dated 6/29/21. Built 7/2/21.
Wait what?? did they add roof bolts for mic v2? first time i heard about this.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait what?? did they add roof bolts for mic v2? first time i heard about this.
Yes that has been discussed and confirmed. The thinking is that it is intended to cut down on the rattle/popping noise. MIC 2.0 gets two additional bolts.

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd suggest pouring water on the top for about 15 minutes, checking for leaks .............remove the top, reinstall and then pour water on top for 10-15 minutes............check again for leaks.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting.

Still waiting on my 2 door MIC hard top. And have the Bestop Trektop soft top sitting in my garage.

Here in NY, my plan is to use each about 6 months out of the year. You are one of the first people to post the ease of taking off the hard top. Reading this forum for the past few months most made it sound like switching back and forth would not be easy.
For my jeep, I usually waited until after the pollen stops falling to make the switch. That's late May typically in Southern CT. The pollen is brutal if you leave the top down, or is on the top when you decide to take it down and it still gets everywhere. It's a mess and messes with my allergies. Removing the front panels typically is a good alternative until then. The hardtop goes on mid to late October, sometimes into November depending on weather.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, not at all. I tossed them in a drawer after one use. A cordless ratchet or drill is 10x faster, and you need to bust it out for the roof bolts anyways. Just be careful to not over torque them, I would not use an impact on these.

Nice video OP. You can easily shave a minute off that time after a couple removals. Install is just as quick. I told someone the other day I could be completely topless in my 4 door in about 3 minutes. They thought I was the biggest liar in the world lol.
Parking it closer to where the components are being stored will cut a minute off at least.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Folks, don't believe everything you see on the internet!

Case in point: User states the ambient temperature is over 80 degrees yet wearing full length pants and a sweater.

Was it a balmy 80+ degree day in So-Cal???

Need I go any further into this? Aliens!

No, not at all. I tossed them in a drawer after one use. A cordless ratchet or drill is 10x faster, and you need to bust it out for the roof bolts anyways. Just be careful to not over torque them, I would not use an impact on these.
This was my main concern with the T-handles. Guess a small right-angle cordless will do the job nicely (Right-angle to reduce momentum torque)
Sponsored