First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to start out by saying that someone who owns diesel trucks will have a different perspective than I have. To them, the Bronco 2.7 will probably be way under-powered. However, my background in towing has mainly been with the Dodge Durango with the 5.2 and the Chevy Suburban with the 5.3 (with 3.42 gears) . I have towed snowmobiles, ATVs, SxS and camper trailers. They have towed alright but once we start climbing, they struggle.

Enter the 2.7 Bronco! Like I told my wife, this is a whole new world! We took the RZR (weighs about 2,800 lbs.) out on Monday and had some pretty good climbs to get to our riding spot. In the past, the steepest and longest climb had the Suburban in 2nd gear doing 40 to 45 mph. I was expecting the Bronco to do better but it really surprised me. On the same hill, the Bronco was cruising at 55 mph at about 1/2 throttle. RPMs were about 2,800. Engine didn't feel like it was being pushed at all. Stepped on the throttle a bit and started to accelerate! I had perma-grin. This power combo has exceeded my expectations. This little engine may not be very quick off the line but it has lots of torque. I am loving the 2.7!!! I just hope it proves to be durable and reliable.

Ford Bronco First Tow (of RZR) with the Bronco - Loving the 2.7! BroncoTowin
Sponsored

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice!!! Got an idea on the weight?

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to start out by saying that someone who owns diesel trucks will have a different perspective than I have. To them, the Bronco 2.7 will probably be way under-powered. However, my background in towing has mainly been with the Dodge Durango with the 5.2 and the Chevy Suburban with the 5.3 (with 3.42 gears) . I have towed snowmobiles, ATVs, SxS and camper trailers. They have towed alright but once we start climbing, they struggle.

Enter the 2.7 Bronco! Like I told my wife, this is a whole new world! We took the RZR out on Monday and had some pretty good climbs to get to our riding spot. In the past, the steepest and longest climb had the Suburban in 2nd gear doing 40 to 45 mph. But the Bronco took it like a champ. Same spot I was doing 55 mph at about 1/2 throttle. RPMs were about 2,800. Engine didn't feel like it was being pushed at all. Stepped on the throttle a bit and started to accelerate! I had perma-grin. This power combo has exceeded my expectations. This little engine may not be very quick off the line but it has lots of torque. I am loving the 2.7!!! I just hope it proves to be durable and reliable.

may need your advice on the sxs scene as we are looking to purchase one. Yours looks nice.

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Enter the 2.7 Bronco! Like I told my wife, this is a whole new world! We took the RZR out on Monday and had some pretty good climbs to get to our riding spot. In the past, the steepest and longest climb had the Suburban in 2nd gear doing 40 to 45 mph. But the Bronco took it like a champ. Same spot I was doing 55 mph at about 1/2 throttle. RPMs were about 2,800. Engine didn't feel like it was being pushed at all. Stepped on the throttle a bit and started to accelerate! I had perma-grin. This power combo has exceeded my expectations. This little engine may not be very quick off the line but it has lots of torque. I am loving the 2.7!!! I just hope it proves to be durable and reliable.

You should raise the ball height up a few inches
it will ride better

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Enter the 2.7 Bronco! Like I told my wife, this is a whole new world! We took the RZR (weighs about 2,800 lbs.) out on Monday and had some pretty good climbs to get to our riding spot. In the past, the steepest and longest climb had the Suburban in 2nd gear doing 40 to 45 mph. But the Bronco took it like a champ. Same spot I was doing 55 mph at about 1/2 throttle. RPMs were about 2,800. Engine didn't feel like it was being pushed at all. Stepped on the throttle a bit and started to accelerate! I had perma-grin. This power combo has exceeded my expectations. This little engine may not be very quick off the line but it has lots of torque. I am loving the 2.7!!! I just hope it proves to be durable and reliable.

Shh…all those gotta have 5.0 guys, will be upset.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do you need that thing on the trailer? You have a Bronco!

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to hear. I was wondering if My Bronco could handle pulling my Miata around. Would need to find a very light trailer.

Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just jealous you have a matching Bronco and RZR (wife won't me get a RZR :()

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is the weight of the SXS and trailer combined?

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is hard to tell from that picture since the front wheels are at an angle, but how bad is the rear squat with towing the SXS? I have a Teryx 4 on a single axle 12ft trailer. Normally I use my 2015 Durango R/T with the 5.7 and it tows it like it is not even there and it has the rear auto leveling shocks so zero squat. Most of the time I take the Teryx out it will still likely be with the Durango but I am glad to hear the Bronco handles pulling a SXS so well.

From the picture, it looks like there is a little squat in the rear but not too bad, but I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is hard to tell from that picture since the front wheels are at an angle, but how bad is the rear squat with towing the SXS? I have a Teryx 4 on a single axle 12ft trailer. Normally I use my 2015 Durango R/T with the 5.7 and it tows it like it is not even there and it has the rear auto leveling shocks so zero squat. Most of the time I take the Teryx out it will still likely be with the Durango but I am glad to hear the Bronco handles pulling a SXS so well.

From the picture, it looks like there is a little squat in the rear but not too bad, but I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
The Bronco's suspension is definitely softer than the Suburban's. I was surprised with the squat so we played around with moving the RZR forward and back until we felt good about the tongue weight.
Sponsored