Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Raptor SVT 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is good to Hear. I have a SxS RZR two seater, but usually tow in a 16' enclosed trailer. Im thinking the enclosed trainer with the RZR may be a bit much as the total weight would be in the 4000 range. but may look at some sumo springs for a bit of extra help.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just curious. What's the height from the ground to the bottom of your receiver on the 4dr BL non-squatch? My offroad trailer tongue is definitely higher than most so I'm curious as to how this will play out in my case before I pick it up.
I was wondering the same thing. If you notice from his photo, he has an incrementally adjustable receiver so that he can level whatever trailer he is towing. Personally, i have a collection of several receiver bars that i can use and twist up or down depending.

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was wondering the same thing. If you notice from his photo, he has an incrementally adjustable receiver so that he can level whatever trailer he is towing. Personally, i have a collection of several receiver bars that i can use and twist up or down depending.
It is 18" from the ground to the bottom of the receiver hitch.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's interesting that this thread has so many comments about weight distribution and the sag. Sitting in our flat driveway, we adjusted the trailer so that it was level, had good tongue weight and I was comfortable with the little bit of sag that it had. Remember that the picture was taken on ground that was uneven and not level. I was very happy with the way that it towed. It doesn't need an equalizer hitch or stiffer springs in the back.
Yes you get all kinds. Your setup looks fine. You're towing under the rating for the vehicle, and a bunch of us have been saying for some time that the rating seems low for the Bronco. Given that, I'd have no problem towing right at the rated limit. And the sag looks fine especially you're saying that it was set up level in your driveway.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is 18" from the ground to the bottom of the receiver hitch.
That's high, it seems, for breakover clearance i assume. My 4x4 F150 measures 17".

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's high, it seems, for breakover clearance i assume. My 4x4 F150 measures 17".
My trailer needs to be at 21" to bottom of receiver to sit level. So I'm looking at a 3" rise before taking into account rear suspension sag of the Bronco:oops:

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to start out by saying that someone who owns diesel trucks will have a different perspective than I have. To them, the Bronco 2.7 will probably be way under-powered. However, my background in towing has mainly been with the Dodge Durango with the 5.2 and the Chevy Suburban with the 5.3 (with 3.42 gears) . I have towed snowmobiles, ATVs, SxS and camper trailers. They have towed alright but once we start climbing, they struggle.

Enter the 2.7 Bronco! Like I told my wife, this is a whole new world! We took the RZR (weighs about 2,800 lbs.) out on Monday and had some pretty good climbs to get to our riding spot. In the past, the steepest and longest climb had the Suburban in 2nd gear doing 40 to 45 mph. I was expecting the Bronco to do better but it really surprised me. On the same hill, the Bronco was cruising at 55 mph at about 1/2 throttle. RPMs were about 2,800. Engine didn't feel like it was being pushed at all. Stepped on the throttle a bit and started to accelerate! I had perma-grin. This power combo has exceeded my expectations. This little engine may not be very quick off the line but it has lots of torque. I am loving the 2.7!!! I just hope it proves to be durable and reliable.

BroncoTowing.jpg
I'm liking the blue/black theme going on here. If you're ever looking for a project, might be cool to paint the trailer wheels to match the Bronco and RZR. Black around the outside of the wheel and silver on the inside part. Maybe paint the wood floor of the trailer blue too.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have to start out by saying that someone who owns diesel trucks will have a different perspective than I have. To them, the Bronco 2.7 will probably be way under-powered. However, my background in towing has mainly been with the Dodge Durango with the 5.2 and the Chevy Suburban with the 5.3 (with 3.42 gears) . I have towed snowmobiles, ATVs, SxS and camper trailers. They have towed alright but once we start climbing, they struggle.

Enter the 2.7 Bronco! Like I told my wife, this is a whole new world! We took the RZR (weighs about 2,800 lbs.) out on Monday and had some pretty good climbs to get to our riding spot. In the past, the steepest and longest climb had the Suburban in 2nd gear doing 40 to 45 mph. I was expecting the Bronco to do better but it really surprised me. On the same hill, the Bronco was cruising at 55 mph at about 1/2 throttle. RPMs were about 2,800. Engine didn't feel like it was being pushed at all. Stepped on the throttle a bit and started to accelerate! I had perma-grin. This power combo has exceeded my expectations. This little engine may not be very quick off the line but it has lots of torque. I am loving the 2.7!!! I just hope it proves to be durable and reliable.

BroncoTowing.jpg
nice looking setup and glad it hauled ok,I have a honda pioneer 1000 5 and want to pull with my Black diamond more door.Did you instal a trailer brake control?

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have a group that we ride with regularly. They are mostly RZR with a couple of Can-Ams and other brands. You really can't go wrong with any of the newer modern SxS. We love the suspension of the RZR. The Bronco suspension is great but the SxS suspensions are better, especially when going fast. The turbos are wicked fast but not always necessary depending on the type of riding you do. You get a better view over the hood in a RZR than the Can-Ams but many people prefer the laid-back seating position of the Can-Ams. Go test drive them and see what you like better. They are all fun!
Ended up getting a RZR last year after renting one in Vegas. They are a blast. Also don't worry about pin striping. Not many people I ride with have turbo's as they aren't really needed for the tight trails here in Tennessee. Good looking set up.

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nice looking setup and glad it hauled ok,I have a honda pioneer 1000 5 and want to pull with my Black diamond more door.Did you instal a trailer brake control?
No. The trailer doesn't have brakes. I'm just using the stock tow package from Ford.

Sponsored

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 seat rzr is 2800lbs or is that with trailer? My yxz is ~1500lbs, just find it oddly heavy.

Anyway, good to hear about the positive experience. I have a 2dr Badlands non Sasquatch thatā€™ll be here probably next summer. Iā€™m going to be getting rid of my Colorado ZR2 with the 2.8L diesel that actually makes less torque than the 2.7 ecoboost and due to GMā€™s garbage trans choice and gearing doesnā€™t really tow as well as some other suv/small truck options Iā€™ve experienced.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to hear. I was wondering if My Bronco could handle pulling my Miata around. Would need to find a very light trailer.
I've been looking for aluminum trailers to keep the payload weight within the Bronco's published 3500lb capacity. I'm finding aluminum trailers ain't cheap, and are somewhat difficult to locate. But I have found a few, and the reduced trailer weight [over steel], allows for larger payloads. I too have been looking to tow a RZR or Can-Am Maverick.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I would need a trailer that's about 1000lbs or less to make the Miata work. Its weight is around 2400lbs as it sits. Might look into just getting a dolly.

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 seat rzr is 2800lbs or is that with trailer? My yxz is ~1500lbs, just find it oddly heavy.

Anyway, good to hear about the positive experience. I have a 2dr Badlands non Sasquatch thatā€™ll be here probably next summer. Iā€™m going to be getting rid of my Colorado ZR2 with the 2.8L diesel that actually makes less torque than the 2.7 ecoboost and due to GMā€™s garbage trans choice and gearing doesnā€™t really tow as well as some other suv/small truck options Iā€™ve experienced.
The RZR is approximately 1,700 lbs. Total is an estimated 2,800 with RZR, trailer and gear.
Sponsored