Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's some photos and vids my friend grabbed as he got super lucky and saw them on the rubicon. I'll try to get some higher quality ones tomorrow from him. View attachment 21102 View attachment 21103 View attachment 21104
View attachment 21105
View attachment 21106

View attachment 21102

View attachment 21103

View attachment 21104
Despite previous pictures and vids, that 4-door has some pretty good articulation there. Also they are REALLY testing those skid plates.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should check out Hell Hole while they’re in the area. It’s got nothing on the Rubicon, but it’s a cool little trail.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All terrains on rocks like that? Are they even aired down? I wonder if they had anyone with experience drive on those things are if they're just Ford pencil pushers.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Despite previous pictures and vids, that 4-door has some pretty good articulation there. Also they are REALLY testing those skid plates.
That's one bit of testing I am really interested in hearing more about. With all the off-roading-specific options this vehicle has, if its underneath isn't well-protected, those options are useless. I know there will be lots of third-party options available eventually. But it will be very interesting to see how seriously Ford takes its own factory underwear. No expensive tech and integration needed there, just plenty of strong material so not a complex thing. ?

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All terrains on rocks like that? Are they even aired down? I wonder if they had anyone with experience drive on those things are if they're just Ford pencil pushers.
First thing I thought after watching the vehicle fail in the video twice. Not an easy spot, to be sure. I wonder how experienced they are, and if that was a major consideration. But maybe they want to see what less-experienced trail drivers can do with the vehicle. For any tricky trail, you need a good driver and spotter as well as trail smarts like airing down and the proper equipment. Lots of variables.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My guess is they are testing the truck as it would roll out of the showroom. Honestly that's what I'm looking for. Most of the time I'll just want to take a truck I can drive daily into the trails without fussing around with it before and after. I want to know how capable it is out of the gate.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First thing I thought after watching the vehicle fail in the video twice. Not an easy spot, to be sure. I wonder how experienced they are, and if that was a major consideration. But maybe they want to see what less-experienced trail drivers can do with the vehicle. For any tricky trail, you need a good driver and spotter as well as trail smarts like airing down and the proper equipment. Lots of variables.
I had some high hopes when I saw him back up to pick a different line and then see him steering into the rock to allow it to climb, and then those dry-ass tires just slipped and I let out an "ahhhh, man!"
Definitely something I wouldn't want to have happen if I took my new Bronco out on the trail like that. You know, I hate my big sticky mud terrains because of all the noise and bad fuel mileage, but for terrain like that, I'd be glad to have them on my new rig. Might have to consider two sets of tires for the street and the trails.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure the would have liked to show people that it will March right up to the top, but I think it’s got the 33” tires. It’s also hard to see how much they aired down

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here's some photos and vids my friend grabbed as he got super lucky and saw them on the rubicon. I'll try to get some higher quality ones tomorrow from him.

VIDEOS
Would have been interesting to see the 2Dr on that obstacle, and also the JLUR ...

Oh, also w 7MT in crawl gear just marching up the rock.

Last edited:

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy in the video says it is the sasquatch package and it has the beadlock wheels, so are those what they are considering "mud-terrain"? The 2-door looks to have the 33" tires in my opinion.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The guy in the video says it is the sasquatch package and it has the beadlock wheels, so are those what they are considering "mud-terrain"? The 2-door looks to have the 33" tires in my opinion.
The 2 dr was shown on 33" KOs. The 4 doors on the Territorys (which are called MTs but are a sort of AT with open block pattern like Duratracks). Notice the rub on the front tire as he backs that Sasquatch 4dr off the rocks. The is one point against Badsquatch and for a lift instead.

Last edited:

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had some high hopes when I saw him back up to pick a different line and then see him steering into the rock to allow it to climb, and then those dry-ass tires just slipped and I let out an "ahhhh, man!"
Definitely something I wouldn't want to have happen if I took my new Bronco out on the trail like that. You know, I hate my big sticky mud terrains because of all the noise and bad fuel mileage, but for terrain like that, I'd be glad to have them on my new rig. Might have to consider two sets of tires for the street and the trails.
I've thought about doing that, too. I always worry about having to balance/align/etc. when I swap tires. How do people handle that affordably/properly?

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 dr was shown on 33" KOs. The 4 doors on the Territorys (which are caled MTs but are a sort of AT with open block pattern like Duratracks). Notice the rub on the front tire as he backs that Sasquatch 4dr off the rocks. The is one point against Badsquatch and for a lift instead.
I couldn't notice a rub per say and I definitely couldn't hear it out of the skid plate scraping but I am interested to see how much more articulation is had without the sasquatch package because there seems to be a good amount.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How quickly everyone's tune changes. On monday after the first pics of Bronco's on the Rubicon trail, everyone's talking trash; "The Broncos ae going to show the Wranglers how its done!"
Then today after 2 videos of the Bronco failing to make it up a couple rocks; "Those guys are pencil pushers, they don't know how to drive!", "They should have aired down the tires!"
Sponsored