First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks like that it had 35" A/T tires and full pressure to me. The treads do not look like M/T. Those tires had no flexibility on that rock.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So take a little more speed (not much) and hope to get on top of the rocks that slowed them down in the initial run?
Yessir.

if it was my bronco? I’d air down more, have the beadlocks on, and try and heat up the tires. And also I’d want way more aggressive MT tires than those.

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To me the fact that they’re even trying to do the rubicon is all I need to see. As has been discussed ad nauseum, the wrangler will be better in the rocks just due to the SFA. But If Bronco can at least keep up that’s all I need to see.

The rubicon is probably a harder trail than 95% of Bronco owners will ever attempt.
100% agree. Rubicon usually known to eat vehicles! As for running them stock is def bold considering most ppl who run the rubicon are riding on tons, 40s, and LS swaps! I def think though Moab be where it’s at I think a badlands Sasquatch will be able to do 70-80% of the trails even with IFS. Then anything with 33s MTs or ATs be able to tackle 30-50% depending on driving ability! I wonder who all will take their broncos to Easter Jeep Safari in 22!! They welcome all vehicles!

PorkChop63

Outer Banks
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seeing the 4-door with only the front doors off is one of the cooler looks I think I’ve seen so far. I’ve been debating between 2 and 4 door mainly because I’ve always thought the 4 doors looked goofy with all the doors off, but that’s a really good look. Reminds me of the old 80’s style 4runners.

Sponsored

SaudiBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
fender flares are steel or plastic?

It looks and sounds steel :unsure:

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I must say that 2 dr looks comfortable and in its element on the rocks but the 4 dr just seems like it’s stretching it a bit.

Awesome pictures and good to see Ford putting the thoroughbreds through this?

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We got some trash talking lol, aside from that though they got pics of the trail rash! As to be expected when you’re thrashing rocks on the rubicon in a stock ride! Now imagine pros who wheels 24/7 and rank rigged up bronco with all the fixings. I bet it come out strong!!

Ford Bronco First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics) 7C1DCD1F-13ED-47A3-9117-FF4D9878050D

Ford Bronco First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics) C9A390B0-442B-499C-B0EE-6E6C82450719

Ford Bronco First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics) C3D61403-70BD-4E82-88D4-D870935A6CCD

Ford Bronco First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics) DB506866-99D5-4857-A03B-B37C86025E05

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's my question for all you crawling experts.. because I never have, nor will I ever enter a trail like this. Just not my thing. But I digress..

I assume this section of the trail (shown in video), would most likely have been possible had the Bronco:
1. ran with 'true' 35" Mud Terrains (not this cheesy Goodyear wanna be tires)
2. had the tires 'aired down'
3. had a more experienced driver? (Assuming guy at the wheel not 'as' experienced)

And obviously this wouldn't be used or was taken as a promotional video. Because all you guys who said the Bronco doesn't need to tow because it's competing against a Jeep that doesn't tow... well would the Jeep make that pass? Cuz if the answer is yes... well... give me my towing capability because you just lost your argument :mad: Oh and while I'm at it, I'll take a V8 with a nice exhaust too ? thanks.

Sponsored

Little tornado

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s interesting they’re testing the stock 33” A/T on the Badlands on the Rubicon instead of the 35” M/T Sasquatch. I wonder if any of them had the larger M/Ts?
Pretty sure they all have the Sasquatch package and you can get A/T 35 inch on that package so maybe that’s why.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I must say that 2 dr looks comfortable and in its element on the rocks but the 4 dr just seems like it’s stretching it a bit.

Awesome pictures and good to see Ford putting the thoroughbreds through this?
The breakover angle on the 4 door is going to make stuff like this inherently way harder. But the 4 door will also be way better in the dunes. It’s all trade offs.

Vandal

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Scout 80, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All terrains on rocks like that? Are they even aired down? I wonder if they had anyone with experience drive on those things are if they're just Ford pencil pushers.
Going up the side of that boulder is not an experienced crawler move. I think that's Gatekeeper. It's a tough spot.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With anything vehicle related it comes down to the driver.

I've been ATV riding for a long time and can get my ATV's through some nasty terrain that others can't. Now that some friends have SxS's, they know their machines and get through places I struggle with since I'm trying to pick ATV lines instead of SxS lines over rocks.

Watch the "King of Hammers" and you'll see a lot of different lines being taken. Some better than others in equal machines.

Obviously these guys haven't spent a lot of time in the rocks, either done on purpose to see if the "common man" could do it or these guys just said screw it and went for it???

Cool videos no matter what.
Sponsored