Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Going to have to go back to the configurator and add an aftermarket plate steel bumper. The factory stamped one is pretty bent on the two door.
Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The breakover angle on the 4 door is going to make stuff like this inherently way harder. But the 4 door will also be way better in the dunes. It’s all trade offs.
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Wmneill

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a 2 door BD. Till this thread it had never occurred to me to leave the front section of the hard top on while having the back two sections off.

I could see this being my primary set up majority of the time (until it gets cold). Hard top protects all the electronics and equipment in the cockpit while the open air rear only exposes the two rear seats. Leave the drain plugs out and it's nice middle ground between top/no top. Hard top would seemingly give more protection than a bimini or canvas top, of course that's an assumption since we've not seen those tops yet.
I was hoping you could do that, answers my question too . Can’t wait to get mine!!

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll admit, I haven't been on the Rubicon trial. But according to this episode of Dirt Everyday, they took old stock vehicles on the trail and made it. They did have to winch out, mind you, but if old stock trucks can do it with old technology and not the best setups, surely this Bronco with all the electronic doodads could make it. I say it's all driver error and bad setup/lines.

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
seems like without upgraded A-Arms and a real lift the sasquatch doesnt seem to do anything other than make the car look way better. very small articulation might be a big reason to keep stock 33's over the squatch for off roading unless you want to spend a fortune doing a real IFS lift and who knows what that would do to the computer

Those tires didnt have any air out of them

weird.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All terrains on rocks like that? Are they even aired down? I wonder if they had anyone with experience drive on those things are if they're just Ford pencil pushers.
I wondered about aired down also.

Daniel821

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How quickly everyone's tune changes. On monday after the first pics of Bronco's on the Rubicon trail, everyone's talking trash; "The Broncos ae going to show the Wranglers how its done!"
Then today after 2 videos of the Bronco failing to make it up a couple rocks; "Those guys are pencil pushers, they don't know how to drive!", "They should have aired down the tires!"
I thought the same, but also what you gotta take into consideration is that when you usually see wranglers crawl up rocks as big as those, they almost always have 37s on with lift kits. Even if you put 35s on a stock wrangler and try to crawl up the same rocks, you’ll fail. My point is, if you wanna take any off roading vehicle past challenging trails, you gotta have a good set up. Get a lift kit, put big tires on it, and go right ahead. The independent front suspension may not help out very much but I’m sure it’ll be capable.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to see the attempts, but this isn't even in the top 50,000 rock crawling fails/vehicle damage

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tires have too much air in them right? They look stiff as heck. Cool video regardless.

Sponsored

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We got some trash talking lol, aside from that though they got pics of the trail rash! As to be expected when you’re thrashing rocks on the rubicon in a stock ride! Now imagine pros who wheels 24/7 and rank rigged up bronco with all the fixings. I bet it come out strong!!

7C1DCD1F-13ED-47A3-9117-FF4D9878050D.jpeg

C9A390B0-442B-499C-B0EE-6E6C82450719.jpeg

C3D61403-70BD-4E82-88D4-D870935A6CCD.jpeg

DB506866-99D5-4857-A03B-B37C86025E05.jpeg
Not enough evidence to put down the Bronco on the rocks. Just not enough photographic evidence to backup their claim. Which nullifies their judgement, in my view.

Personally, I wouldn’t risk my vehicle on a trail like the Rubicon. Even my gf’s brother-in-law who has a highly modified JKU won’t bother hitting up the gnarlier parts of the trail because he actually wants to enjoy his rig when he goes home.

Last edited:

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look, as far as 4drs go, the Bronco looks damn good with 4drs!! But I'll be damned if anyone says it looks better than the 2dr ?. That is the only choice ????
I think the 4 door looks better.

I think 4 door Jeeps look better.

When I bought my M3(s) I bought 4 doors cause I thought they looked better.

I guess some folks just like 4 door looks.

I was born in 1979 and have no alliance to classic 2 door Broncos. ;)

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll admit, I haven't been on the Rubicon trial. But according to this episode of Dirt Everyday, they took old stock vehicles on the trail and made it. They did have to winch out, mind you, but if old stock trucks can do it with old technology and not the best setups, surely this Bronco with all the electronic doodads could make it. I say it's all driver error and bad setup/lines.
There's lots of paths one can take as well

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch Package and beadlock wheels.

when he started going up the side of the rock at 0:55 i was like ??? !!!
i've never seen a video of someone driving on a trail like this. this is insane!! would love to see a video of the 2door going through this spot
Sponsored