Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did he ever make it over?
Did the Bronco make it pass those boulders?
I'd like to know too.

How quickly everyone's tune changes. On monday after the first pics of Bronco's on the Rubicon trail, everyone's talking trash; "The Broncos ae going to show the Wranglers how its done!"
Then today after 2 videos of the Bronco failing to make it up a couple rocks; "Those guys are pencil pushers, they don't know how to drive!", "They should have aired down the tires!"
Amazing to read all the comments.......It sucks, I can do it better, fail, damaged, inexperienced drivers, on and on.......all from a 2-4 minute video?! ?‍♂ What happened to the hours after those few minutes? Really, Monday Morning QB's..........all all-star, all-the-time! ?

I'd probably never do anything that crazy wether it was in a new JL or other off roader.....but I like to know if I had to, it could. To me, I see testing and thats what I'd expect from a pre-production vehicle. ?‍♂
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Also, the stock 35" tires are rubbing. That is unacceptable in my mind for a ~$50K vehicle as delivered from the factory. It seems Ford was too anxious to one-up Jeep and didn't fully test the 35" tires before making them available.
Well they’ve put Squatch to the test now!

There is this tug of war between filling the wheel wells to look cool and leaving space for articulation. Maybe Squatching is worth it on a Badlands to get the 4.7s on a 10AT, but for 7MT I am thinking there are better ways to up capability for the money.

Really, really wish there was video of the 2 door on 33’s.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Many people are going to tell you its the driver who sucks, the tires are too full of air (this appears to be true), there are multiple paths you can take...etc.
Lots of people also don't want to accept that maybe the bronco which we all have been waiting decades for *might* not be as good a rock crawler as the wrangler.

A Powerwagon shouldn't be rock crawling.

IFS also makes crawling v hard.
Show me a video of a stock Wrangler, stock tires and amateur driver with 35lbs in the tires make it and I will agree.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can’t stop looking at this 2-door. Pretty sure it’s what I dream about every night! I also owned black vehicles for the last 8 years of my life till my merc. I love it!

Ford Bronco First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics) 26D20A01-99AE-4D6F-99EE-724D06077982

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would have really liked to see the Jeep on this same obstacle for a fair comparison, but the lines the driver was trying weren't the issue and the tires weren't the issue. The thing is on 35" M/Ts. That is what all the hardcore guys (who weren't building full custom buggies) used to run before JKs showed up on the scene.

Look at some of the earlier pictures, and you can see the tires are aired down pretty far, so that isn't the issue here either. It looks like the Broncos had to struggle pretty hard to get through the trail.

Also, the stock 35" tires are rubbing. That is unacceptable in my mind for a ~$50K vehicle as delivered from the factory. It seems Ford was too anxious to one-up Jeep and didn't fully test the 35" tires before making them available.
35's are not stock rofl

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Isn't this why they are testing the vehicle in the first place? It's not that they were up there with off-the-line factory rigs to shoot promotional materials for the catalogs and commercials.

Those are mule vehicles cobbled together and they are doing testing of pre-production parts. These parts can have minor design tweaks and alterations as a result of this testing so that the actual production product that customers are picking up don't have these sorts of teething issues.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are no vinyl or leather seats with cloth inserts.
These are Badlands models as the grill shows.
Badlands only have a choice of solid vinyl or leather seats. There are no ventilation holes and no cloth inserts in either the vinyl or leather seats.
Only the Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks and Wildtrak have the option to get solid cloth seats.

No Ventilation or Cloth Inserts = Swamp Rash

screenshot_20200805-050030_instagram-jpg.jpg

2021-ford-bronco-rubicon-trail-1-jpeg.jpg
You can get vinyl with leather trim on BL though...

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those tires are definitely not aired down. Those tires aren't deforming like an aired down tire

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's a video from a press event of stock JLU Rubicons on the Rubicon Trail. Not much video of them struggling, but plenty of metal scraping. One interesting thing about this video: The folks from C-Net were at the same event, and they posted a video where the driver basically said it was no sweat with the stock Rubi. This video shows that same C-Net driver getting high centered and having to get pushed off of a rock at about 22 minutes in the video.

Here's another with a group of lifted Jeeps doing the Rubicon. At about 4 minutes the narrator says, "everyone in our group used their winch." So if you think getting stuck proves the Bronco is bad... you're wrong. At about the 28 minute mark there are a few clips of them struggling to get up obstacles.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's a video from a press event of stock JLU Rubicons on the Rubicon Trail. Not much video of them struggling, but plenty of metal scraping. One interesting thing about this video: The folks from C-Net were at the same event, and they posted a video where the driver basically said it was no sweat with the stock Rubi. This video shows that same C-Net driver getting high centered and having to get pushed off of a rock at about 22 minutes in the video.

Here's another with a group of lifted Jeeps doing the Rubicon. At about 4 minutes the narrator says, "everyone in our group used their winch." So if you think getting stuck proves the Bronco is bad... you're wrong. At about the 28 minute mark there are a few clips of them struggling to get up obstacles.

Even that guy in the lifted/modified Jeep looked a little green on the trail. Lift, tires and lockers will definitely help you on the trail but an experienced driver makes all the difference.