First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford doubled the number a day or two after the release, so no.

OK, thks. BTW order number means nothing, the only thing that matters is you made the cut-off date.
All FE were reserved on launch night. They were increased then. There was never a second round of FE reservations.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All FE were reserved on launch night. They were increased then. There was never a second round of FE reservations.
Cool. So, Ford's system took more reservations than were available. Great. (sarcasm)

Remember they did not even tell me they were going to stop making the Bronco.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OK, thks. BTW order number means nothing, the only thing that matters is you made the cut-off date.
I have not seen ONE timestamp for an FE that was after 7/14 I think they were all done in that first 24 hours and Ford adjusted the allotment.

anyway. Doesn’t matter as they have been very clear that all FEs will be 2021 models.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was not complaining, just throwing my #'s in for reference. I've been waiting for 25 years, it will get here when it get's here!

Sponsored

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

DISAGREE - I was on Ford's site the instant reservations went live at 8:00pm on 7/13. i COULD NOT GET INTO THE SYSTEM. I tried logging in over and over and over for FOUR long, tiring hours. At midnight, I went to sleep frustrated with sore eyes and ended up reserving early the next morning. Someone who was lucky enough to get into the system, shouldn't have a big advantage over me. Doesn't seem fair. So, the fact that some later orders are being scheduled before early ones is okay. Also, most people have little comprehension of the complexities of scheduling w/multiple criteria such as timestamp, commodity constraints, allocations, etc. People are not making schedule decisions. Schedules are determined by highly complicated, mathematical computerized optimization methods. The interaction effects between the factors being optimized are not intuitive. A very early or FE res may not be in the first month, but it will be early so stop freaking whining.

Note: The thing that makes the FE special is the profit Ford gets by selling it.. They limited it to 3500 to make it seem exclusive to entice buyers. Ford was pleasantly surprised at the demand and happily increased to 7000. Mo money! It's amusing to see how FE order holders feel they are entitled.

Per Ford: "..... First Edition is in recognition to the First Model Year, not First in production. Timing for production will vary based on a number of factors including: reservation timestamp, vehicle model and configuration selected and part constraints."
Wow, just wow.

simadownow6988

First Edition
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4 HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a FE reserved. Reserved the thing within minutes of the opening. No email as of yet.
But Im going to look at this as a good thing. Ill let them build all the priority units first so they can make their adjustments and correct any errors before mine runs down the line. :p

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That brings up an interesting question.

When I made a reservation, I got a conformation email from Ford within a minute or so. For those that tried to reserve an FE did the email contain some verbiage that said you may not actually get an FE reservation and could order a "lower" trim as a consolation prize?

As I paid close attention to the release and reservation fiasco, I made my order a few hours after I heard the site issues (collapse) was resolved. I had assumed, wrongly perhaps, the system would not take orders that were impossible, it is the 21st century after all. I had no intention of paying for a fully loaded FE as I'm actually buying this vehicle to be used and not cuddled. So, did Ford send out a "we got your request for a reservation" email.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dumb question.... what does it mean for an order to be "previewed"? does that mean it definitely will be scheduled for that week?
It means your dealer can see what Ford is looking at for that week that is supposed to be scheduled for them that Thursday, two days later. Technically it should be announced that Thursday, but people that know more than me about this on this site suggest that what is previewed on a Tuesday could in theory change by that Thursday.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford regional manager told us not to place much weight on today's preview. Said the scheduler was doing all kinds of wonky things and they were aware of it. As I mentioned before, the Thursday preview is the one that matters.