Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s a relief to hear
But this thread has 12 pages of emotional speculation on incomplete information already - it must mean something! Lol
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems more like people are making a weird assumption here more than Ford making a “mistake”. I would have never dreamed ordering a special edition in the first year meant that I paid to move to the front of the line. That just seems odd to me that people jumped to that conclusion.
It really is no different than ordering any other Bronco model (Base, BB, BD, OB, BL, or WT). All Ford did was limit the total amount of them and to MY21. That's the only difference, but hey... let's assume that it was meant to be first produced over every other model. LOL

All an FE reservation is being guaranteed is that they will get their Bronco in MY21. That's the only guarantee.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
But this thread has 12 pages of emotional speculation on incomplete information already - it must mean something! Lol
Lol
Curious to see if Granger gets any updates to that preview before the emails go out Thursday.

Reactions: R11

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly correct "Schedules are determined by highly complicated, mathematical computerized optimization methods." Anyone who has worked in or taken a course in operations management knows this. There are not evil Ford employees sitting behind a desk doing this by hand and trying to figure out how to screw people.

All this talk about winning the lottery, golden tickets, and randomness is ludicrous. The process is most decidedly not random. The data (orders) was sorted by category (i.e., dealer) then rank ordered by timestamp (ordinal data) within dealer allocations (priority orders were added - put at the top of the rankings) and then they are scheduled using an algorithmic formula/software program that takes into account timestamp as a weighted variable
and is based on the expected velocity of parts availability as they flow from the 1,000s of suppliers to the manufacturing plant.

Thinking you can see patterns in that process based on a very small selection of people who are posting their timestamps and build profiles (and assuming none of them are mistaken, have been given poor information, or are lying) and then feeling somehow screwed over - not sure what else to say about that. We are all entitled to feel how we want about this.

I know this is emotional - I am emotional about it as well - I want my Badlands today. But the process to build them is mathematical so nobody should feel slighted if they have not received an email yet. If you want to argue there should not be priority builds and that is not fair that is a legitimate different discussion.
Do all of these fancy words mean that the 4 door Badlands Manual Transmission build is next in line (thanks to the snazzy algorithm) and I will be hearing this Thursday about my build date? Gosh I hope so.

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my dealer just told me that my order has not been scheduled yet, but it is previewing. Based on this thread, I am optimistically hoping that I will receive an email Thursday. Just as an FYI. First few hours reservation, #1 at dealership and the following build:
4DR BL, Non-Sas, Carbon Grey, 2.3, MIC, LUX
Let me know if any other information would be helpful.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with most, if not all, of what you have said on this board in the recent past however...

Limited resources is a subjective term. I am 100% positive that every option Ford has offered for 2021 they have ten's of thousands of said parts. However, supply does not meet demand therefore, the constraint only applies to people far from the front of the line. Ford has communicated to everyone certain options may affect build time, not that they will affect build time. (with the exception of certain top choices, which at this time are not offered)

At this point, I do not believe parts constraints is playing a part of which orders get built and will not till the latter part of 2021 production. If parts were not available then the FE's would not be first in line has they all have the "sins".
I feel you, had to fight that impulse as well. To my way of thinking, which can be wrong, is the commodities come in as a stream, the amount of flow can vary. There is totally a difference between capacity and actual production, we are talking about supplier capability not Ford's assembly line. When does Ford plug part values into their formula? When they have the projected numbers or when the parts are setting in storage waiting for assembly? I would assume JIT (Just In Time) method but it is the start of the process and bumps in the road happen so, JIT may not be the best way. They may have a certain number of part X on hand, but expect another shipment in a few days or weeks. My point is they would not be gearing up if the parts weren't expected to be there shortly.

These two posts are counter-intuitive. Do they have 10,000's of thousands of every possible part, or are parts coming in JIT?

The answer is JIT. commodity shortages/supply/demand are all driven by their sub tier suppliers and how soon they will consume the limited parts they have VS the parts their suppliers say they can get them and WHEN.

I promise right now these early schedules are getting tweaked around based on part availability. Some orders scheduled now, some pushed back.

Then of course the final squeeze is how many can the assembly line put together assuming all parts on hand.

JIT has many benefits. Get some parts as quick as possible instead of waiting for a production run to end complete. The financial burden is a trickle instead of a title wave of suppliers to pay. The inventory storage space needed. Without JIT Ford would need billons of square feet of warehouses, and personnel to organize and retrieve parts.

The supply chain for Ford is thousands of suppliers, with those thousands having multiple subs of their own.

The downside of JIT is when a supplier says they will have something done by a certain date, and then they don't meet that. The whole system comes to a grinding halt, unless you're a multi platform assembly line. Then you just move to a different build/model/trim/options that doesn't need whatever is short.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My BL non Sas with 2.3 and MT looks like a good decision for line jumping.
You will be pleased with your decision .........until you see my Sasquatched BL in your rear view mirror, closing on you like a Big beautiful AMB greyhound, and your are forced to look up at me as I blow by you, relegating you to the slow lane as my Twin Turbo 2.7 L Bronco is but a blur, as I fly by you...........pulling a trailer. You’ll mash the accelerator on your short, horsepower challenged 4 banger, but to no avail. And it’s at that precise moment That point you’ll realize.......decisions were made. 🙂 all in good fun.

Sponsored

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It really is no different than ordering any other Bronco model (Base, BB, BD, OB, BL, or WT). All Ford did was limit the total amount of them and to MY21. That's the only difference, but hey... let's assume that it was meant to be first produced over every other model. LOL

All an FE reservation is being guaranteed is that they will get their Bronco in MY21. That's the only guarantee.
Speaking only for myself here, but I’ve never assumed that First Edition is first built. I’ve just referenced my FE reservation to indicate an early time stamp. However, after seeing some more stats and some of the “triggered” responses to my posts, I now see that what I thought I was saying isn’t in line with those stats or how some others are interpreting my posts.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am really thinking of dropping SAS from my BD build and hope that pushes me ahead of some people. Otherwise according to my dealer my earlier 7/14 reservation is pushing me to 2022.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me, it would almost seem as if dealers allocations could increase or decrease within this process, no? Or are they like "Oh hey, Granger has a total of XXX allocations, lets give them another one in this 25." Wouldn't it be just what they have materials and parts for? So Granger has the most reservations and they have a fair amount of base or big bend or something like that, lets just give them a bunch of those that they have on order?

Just my thought but I know logic needs to be tossed out the window when talking about Ford's decisions.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....These two posts are counter-intuitive. Do they have 10,000's of thousands of every possible part, or are parts coming in JIT?.....
They may be counter-intuitive but are not contradictory and fully explainable. Just a different expression of the same idea, that is pointed toward a different audience.

The "ten's of thousands" of parts was referring to what is planned to be available, not what is actually on the ground at the factory. If Ford did not fully expect to have parts then they would not be telling us to expect shipments in mass this June, building "one or two" would not make anyone happy.

The first post was to explain many thousands of everything will be built in the coming months, even if we only see a trickle right now. The second post was to more fully explain, as was required by BroncoKong Jr's insightful post. Most do not care about JIT or incremental sales concepts, they just want the bumper sticker answer.
Sponsored