Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi @Zach@Granger , quick question. Are you able to get any explanation from Ford on why a reservation was flagged for "Preview" to days ago but is no longer flagged for "Preview" as of today?

If it's something in the build, some may want to adjust their order to prevent this from happening.

Edit - meant to say earlier this week, not last week.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi @Zach@Granger , quick question. Are you able to get any explanation from Ford on why a reservation was flagged for "Preview" to days ago but is no longer flagged for "Preview" as of today?

If it's something in the build, some may want to adjust their order to prevent this from happening.

Edit - meant to say earlier this week, not last week.
No, not really. You have to imagine 3000 dealers across the country are all editing their orders simultaneously. So a few changes here or there can add or subtract an order even if it doesn't change at times.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My preview moved from 15 units to 18 units overnight, so I went and looked at the three additional they threw in to see if I could learn anything. They mixed in 2 more non-SAS units and a Wildtrak. I didn't recognize the Wildtrak customer, so I looked, and she's #44 on my list, but she opted for High pkg, 353A, where most Wildtraks are probably 354A' Lux pkg....so she jumped about 10 Wildtraks in front of her.
@Bronco wannabe what has your experience been with the orders that go from previewing back to NSP? I think I remember you saying on a different thread that you had 5 preview at some point this week that didn't get scheduled yesterday. Do you expect those to be scheduled in the "cleanup" next week or is it anybody's ballgame at this point?

I know you don't have a crystal ball, I'm just curious what your expectations are based on your experience with the scheduling system.

Thanks!

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Bronco wannabe what has your experience been with the orders that go from previewing back to NSP? I think I remember you saying on a different thread that you had 5 preview at some point this week that didn't get scheduled yesterday. Do you expect those to be scheduled in the "cleanup" next week or is it anybody's ballgame at this point?

I know you don't have a crystal ball, I'm just curious what your expectations are based on your experience with the scheduling system.

Thanks!
The scheduling system is like a magic 8 ball at best. We are able to go in and look at those 5 that were previewing, but then went away and what the reasons were. There's a list of orders inside of WBDO(for every model line) that allows us to look and see what they're considering the problem. It's not as simple as saying order 1234 is "modular bumper". It will list a host of things, and in a nutshell, it's not worth trying to adjust the order because of one or two parts. It'll list some reasons we have no control over, so we don't ever adjust those orders.

And as far as the next week's cleanup, there is no telling what will get pulled then either. Do I think those 5 that were previewing will show back up? Honestly, I have no idea and at this point I don't care what shows up in there. I'm of the mindset, these things are going to get built when they get built. I can't give any kind of accurate answer to anyone asking when their's will be pulled.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
But I'll reiterate, I wouldn't tell anyone anything based on Tuesday's or Wednesday's preview. Better wait until Thursday to make any communications to consumers.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The scheduling system is like a magic 8 ball at best. We are able to go in and look at those 5 that were previewing, but then went away and what the reasons were. There's a list of orders inside of WBDO(for every model line) that allows us to look and see what they're considering the problem. It's not as simple as saying order 1234 is "modular bumper". It will list a host of things, and in a nutshell, it's not worth trying to adjust the order because of one or two parts. It'll list some reasons we have no control over, so we don't ever adjust those orders.

And as far as the next week's cleanup, there is no telling what will get pulled then either. Do I think those 5 that were previewing will show back up? Honestly, I have no idea and at this point I don't care what shows up in there. I'm of the mindset, these things are going to get built when they get built. I can't give any kind of accurate answer to anyone asking when their's will be pulled.
Thanks for answering. I kind of figured as much. I know it's probably exhausting to be asked constantly to interpret something that isn't interpretable with the information anyone of us has. Like you said, it's a magic eight ball. I too will adopt a zen-like it'll happen when it happens approach.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But I'll reiterate, I wouldn't tell anyone anything based on Tuesday's or Wednesday's preview. Better wait until Thursday to make any communications to consumers.
I personally don't mind that I was told that I was previewing. It was made clear that, that didn't mean I was going to get scheduled. But I can imagine some customers would be more upset so I could see why you take your approach.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I asked this in another thread, Ill go delete it:

Are there dealers that havent been given ANY yet? Im a day one, and Ive seen a bunch of posts about builds like mine. Im the #1 at my dealer and they are telling me they havent been given a single build yet.
Mine hasn’t had any retail units pulled yet. I think I am #2 in line behind the owner

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For those who haven't seen, Ford is planning on running their scheduling cadence as follows:

1st Week of Scheduling - First Edition Scheduling
2nd Week of Scheduling - Non First Edition Scheduling
Remaining Weeks - Clean up of Non FE Scheduling (schedules those that didn't get a schedule date in week 2)

This cadence will repeat on a monthly basis. Last week (April 11th-17th) was the run of First Editions. We had allocation for 1 (we have over 50 reservations for FE) and it was our first timestamp that was scheduled. This week we have 25 Non-FEs that are Previewing for scheduling. They started to preview this morning, but this should give you a good sample size of what is/will schedule and where the restrictions are for the first month. This can/will change on a monthly basis. This is just what is scheduling for the first run. It should give you a good idea on bottlenecks.

Out of our 25 Previews:

Trim
10 Badlands
6 Black Diamond
4 Outer Banks
3 Big Bend
2 Base

Engine
2.3 - 5
2.7 -20

Transmission
7 Speed - 2
10 Speed - 23

Doors
2 Door - 8
4 Door - 17

Equipment Group
334A - 1
333A - 3
332A - 4
331A - 1
322A - 5
321A - 1
314A - 2
313A - 1
312A - 1
222A - 3
101A - 2

Sasquatch - 1

Lux Package - 3
Zack, am I correct to think that first editions will only be going out the the first week of every month..and that you only got one ??how does this play out for FE orders? sounds like the 7000th FE could roll out after like 50,000th non FE? my delaer got a couple FEs, and said i could be in the next run of them...but im very confused on how these will be dished out...thank you....

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Zack, am I correct to think that first editions will only be going out the the first week of every month..and that you only got one ??how does this play out for FE orders? sounds like the 7000th FE could roll out after like 50,000th non FE? my delaer got a couple FEs, and said i could be in the next run of them...but im very confused on how these will be dished out...thank you....

I wouldn't ready too much into the rate of production on FEs at this point yet. We know they will be done in 6 months for the 2021 model year. We only received 1 FE for the first run, but we have a total of around 50 FEs. I would anticipate a lot of those being scheduled over the next 2-3 months of production.

Sponsored

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wouldn't ready too much into the rate of production on FEs at this point yet. We know they will be done in 6 months for the 2021 model year. We only received 1 FE for the first run, but we have a total of around 50 FEs. I would anticipate a lot of those being scheduled over the next 2-3 months of production.
Thank you.

ChrisRain

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Bronco, 1969 Bronco, 2018 F-150 fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer provide me with a printout of message they got back from ford when they went to see why my high priority order (early time stamp, one of the first allocations at my dealer) wasn't being filled. Message says G16- Conflicting Plant Restrictions, Weeks 20,21,22. Does anyone know what this code indicates. Build is 2 dr Oxford White Badlands, 2.3 eco-boost, 7sp mt, lux, trailer package, paint protection.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer provide me with a printout of message they got back from ford when they went to see why my high priority order (early time stamp, one of the first allocations at my dealer) wasn't being filled. Message says G16- Conflicting Plant Restrictions, Weeks 20,21,22. Does anyone know what this code indicates. Build is 2 dr Oxford White Badlands, 2.3 eco-boost, 7sp mt, lux, trailer package, paint protection.
Someone more versed in WBDO may be able to answer that but for argument sake, all of our orders not converted have a G16 or G26 when you hover over the "NSP" column. I'm more a fixed ops guy, maybe a sales guru will chime in.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Someone more versed in WBDO may be able to answer that but for argument sake, all of our orders not converted have a G16 or G26 when you hover over the "NSP" column. I'm more a fixed ops guy, maybe a sales guru will chime in.
Probably the Lux if I had to guess. You a two door or MIC top as well?
Sponsored