Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think MIC is black. It is dark gray but I wish it was black. It still doesn't match other black parts: door handles, b pillar, mirrors, etc. While the current MIC is improved over earlier light gray version, I still don't understand why Ford can't make MIC black.
I think because a sizable amount of people prefer it dark grey how it is. I know I do
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder if you will be able to modify the MIC top to have the removable rear quarter windows like the Painted Modular Top. Would love to have that feature on the MIC. The painted look is nice but as someone else pointed out it will likely get scratched to hell if you intend on doing out over landing and even in some off roading spots. Anyway, I’ll just be here peeping at all the new post and waiting for my build info.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Funny how everyone lost it when MIC only was announced and now everyone here seems to not like this anymore... Anyways, yes I'm patiently waiting for my MY22 with SB mod top 😛
I recall reading on this site how the MIC "...will fade in the sun.". The people, you can never get them what they want 😂😂😂

I'm waiting for MY22 with the black mod too.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think because a sizable amount of people prefer it dark grey how it is. I know I do
Of course everyone as their own preferences but with black bumpers, b pillar, door handles, fender flares, and all the other black bits it would look better if it all matched either black or gray.

Ford Bronco First wild sighting: Painted Black Mod Top on 2021 Bronco Image 1-22-21 at 5.26 PM

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
call me typical but I will be seriously considering putting liner of some type on my MiC

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Of course everyone as their own preferences but with black bumpers, b pillar, door handles, fender flares, and all the other black bits it would look better if it all matched either black or gray.

Image 1-22-21 at 5.26 PM.jpg
I think having the color contrast between the b pillar and top looks better, than just all 1 color

Last edited:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Imagine your surprise when they call you to pick up your Bronco and it's still gray.
Imagine my relief when I show up and don't give AF if it's dark gray or black 😂

Sj2021wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f350 6.7, 2016 gmc Sierra denali 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it looks great and will look even better on my white wildtrak. As far as scratches go I don't see the concern, the entire truck is painted and pretty sure scratches don't only aim for the top.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it looks great and will look even better on my white wildtrak. As far as scratches go I don't see the concern, the entire truck is painted and pretty sure scratches don't only aim for the top.

In fairness, tree branches are up top, but low brush certainly exists.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like he stopped in for a pineapple pizza, or a beer, or both :) Not liking the glossy look on the top.

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If somebody is really concerned about scratches, just have PPF added to the top. Granted it will add to the cost.

I have the black mod top tied to my order _ black 2dr wildtrak with Sasquatch. I am confident it will look good.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My big concern is constantly removing and storing the panels, I don't want to worry about damage or scratches so the MIC top is better for me. The top panels will get regularly thrown in the back without using the bags.

Eventually I am hoping for a sunrider that covers both the first and second rows.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it bad I think I like the MIC better for sure now? I didn't like the painted top from a durability (scratches) perspective, but thought it would look better on most trims. I am surprised I am just not feeling it here.
+1 Agree

Much like piano black trim interior trim SOoooo many scratches.

The mic top and trim looks good with light exterior colors. The only thing I don't like about my wildtrak is the gloss black mirror caps & grill.

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t even hate on the BB, just don’t understand why they would put it on a model that isn’t very popular. If you only have a few they should all go on FE or WT imho.
I am solidly team MIC.
I agree, I like the MIC top, think it looks better. But have not seen a top in Area 51 either....

Buford

Wildtrak
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The best part of this top is: it will be a good base to get painted. I don't want black but I do want white, so this is the top I'll get and take to the paint shop (unless the elusive pick-your-own-color top becomes reality). Of course right now, even the Bronco itself is elusive. 🤦‍♂️
probably could be wrapped as well.. my guess???
Sponsored