Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

maybe on a black one. This color combination doesn't work.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ewwww I do not like that. Glad I chose not to wait for that.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly, the only trim this would look good on is the Wildtrak since it will match the grill and the mirror caps. Or maybe it just looks better on a 2DR. I also agree that the tires are playing a huge role in the look. Its Awful! Still going to wait for my black mod top w/ the gunner hatch though. 🤷‍♂️
Originally by selecting the option of the modular black hardtop included matching grill and mirror caps. So it was going to match all trims that it was available on. Not sure if the grill and mirrors are included with it now though.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this top will look best on shadow black, iconic silver, or white body colors.
and if you dont like it after adding it to your order next year, just sell it and buy the cheap MIC top. there will be a huge used markup for the MOD top given supply.

Sponsored

kkooch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Spotted in the wild (scroll down to see it). This is the one and only 4 door painted mod top we‘ve seen. The only other painted mod top seen was on the 2 door shadow black Badlands from last year, first seen at Super Cel West.

Here’s the pics when we first saw this inside MAP.
D9D01DC5-5750-4463-90CF-5DDE9DEA8C23.jpeg
F673B304-78E6-422D-9327-2A1400298744.jpeg

And here it is today spotted in the wild.

2021 Bronco painted black top 1.jpeg
2021 Bronco painted black top 2.jpeg
2021 Bronco painted black top 3.jpeg

credit Bronco Battalion IG
4-door definitely needs the larger Sas tires. It just looks like a truck rolling on needles.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm kinda with @JesseS - how is there not more commentary on how American this picture set is? Bronco pulls up to a pizza joint, places his/her order then pops next door to pick up beer, liquor, wine, and a possible ticket to retirement. All while the sun is shining!
Get whatever top you want, whatever trim you want... if (when) I see another Bronco owner I won't be bashing his/her personal choices. 🍻

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
maybe it would look better if it was color matched to the paint?
I like the MIC look better.
Mod top has the cool removable side windows and gunners hatch on the 2 door. This would make the Mod top worth getting.

Just not feeling the glossy look.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not feeling the look here, but I think those God awful big bend wheels are playing a big part in that. The grille doesn't match at all either.
Agree completely. Those wheels are terrible! BB stock and OBX stock look the worst IMO. I'd choose a base stock over them both. And this top though... It would work with Shadow Black or maybe Carb Gray, but this red and that black with the MIC flares and bumper... 😩🤮🤢

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

doesn't work for me either, I'll be happy with my MIC. Also not a fan of body color roofs in this kind of vehicle, love the contrast and obvious "this roof can come off" look.
I'd also never remove those rear windows after trying it once, don't see the point of that at all.

Ideally somebody will make a sunrider style accessory that covers both front rows and flips back easy, that would be my dream combo. Easy open/close, always with you to adapt to temperatures and weather changes.

I like the MIC top, should look good on my Cyber Orange 4 door Cool Bus :-D

Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s all the seems that bother me on this and it does look like it was kind of slapped on as an afterthought. As someone who ordered a dual top. I think this may be more modular than it needs to be. Honestly, I’d probably be good with a two piece or even a solid top that I could switch out with the soft top. Really can’t wait to see this in white.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm reading alot of negative feedback on the Black MOD hardtop. Maybe Ford's plan worked. Installed the only Black top available on a Bronco that it would look the worst on. Then everyone would stop complaining on how they wish the Black top was available.
Ford Bronco First wild sighting: Painted Black Mod Top on 2021 Bronco tenor (8)

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So much subjective opinions on aesthetics expressed assertively. Using extreme language and snarky smug comments doesn't mean you're right (you are assuming everyone will agree with you)

I like the shiny painted top. Looks are a secondary concern for me anyway. I picked the modular because:

1. I plan on getting one in white to keep my interior cooler in Arizona.
  2. The "Molded in Plastic - no color" will scratch too. It cannot be polished or repainted because of it's texture. Because of that, it will fade quicker, warp in the sun, and basically look like a mess in 5 years.
  3. MIC looks cheap, like it's not a body part. Instead, it looks like an aftermarket throw on.
  4. The Modular top will be higher quality inside, outside, and with it's latches and gaskets. My prediction. It's the "good top" that we're waiting on. The MIC was the "get them out the door" top.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So much subjective opinions on aesthetics expressed assertively. Using extreme language and snarky smug comments doesn't mean you're right (you are assuming everyone will agree with you)

I like the shiny painted top. Looks are a secondary concern for me anyway. I picked the modular because:

1. I plan on getting one in white to keep my interior cooler in Arizona.
  2. The "Molded in Plastic - no color" will scratch too. It cannot be polished or repainted because of it's texture. Because of that, it will fade quicker, warp in the sun, and basically look like a mess in 5 years.
  3. MIC looks cheap, like it's not a body part. Instead, it looks like an aftermarket throw on.
  4. The Modular top will be higher quality inside, outside, and with it's latches and gaskets. My prediction. It's the "good top" that we're waiting on. The MIC was the "get them out the door" top.
you also can't wrap a MIC top because it's not smooth. worried about scratches? just wrap the MOD top
Sponsored