First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So much subjective opinions on aesthetics expressed assertively. Using extreme language and snarky smug comments doesn't mean you're right (you are assuming everyone will agree with you)

I like the shiny painted top. Looks are a secondary concern for me anyway. I picked the modular because:

1. I plan on getting one in white to keep my interior cooler in Arizona.
  2. The "Molded in Plastic - no color" will scratch too. It cannot be polished or repainted because of it's texture. Because of that, it will fade quicker, warp in the sun, and basically look like a mess in 5 years.
  3. MIC looks cheap, like it's not a body part. Instead, it looks like an aftermarket throw on.
  4. The Modular top will be higher quality inside, outside, and with it's latches and gaskets. My prediction. It's the "good top" that we're waiting on. The MIC was the "get them out the door" top.
I'm in exactly the same boat. I think the one in the picture from the pizza joint just doesn't look right and doesn't look like it was designed to fit the car. Still holding out for Mod White Dual myself for all the reasons you mentioned except #1. Plus, I think some problems are going to surface with the early runs of the MIC top and they are likely going to be the kind of problems I don't want to deal with.
Sponsored

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm so sick of Ford showing accessories and parts that are not available for the 2021 model year. Literally sick of this sh!t....

Deleted member 13702

After the MIC top fiasco I pushed my order to a MOD top. But then I came across this thread and I canā€™t help but think the MOD top is super fugly.

The soft top is horrendous as well, so I guess that pushes me back to the MIC. The Broncoā€™s tops are itā€™s Achilles heel.

I will get flak for this as I know people will say itā€™s not the sum of its parts, that everything else is awesome, but I humble disagree. The interior feels cheap, the lack of AC vents and cup holders present a challenge to taking this on vacation with my kids. Add in that the tops all suck, and to be honest itā€™s left as a semi capable off-roader with a metric shit ton of design flaws.

As hyped as I was for the Bronco, I am at the end of my excitement. Reality has brought me crashing back down to earth, and now I am left debating on whether I should cancel outright or just give my dealer my day two reservation so someone can pay far more money than itā€™s worth. Good luck to you all. Iā€™m out.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After the MIC top fiasco I pushed my order to a MOD top. But then I came across this thread and I canā€™t help but think the MOD top is super fugly.

The soft top is horrendous as well, so I guess that pushes me back to the MIC. The Broncoā€™s tops are itā€™s Achilles heel.

I will get flak for this as I know people will say itā€™s not the sum of its parts, that everything else is awesome, but I humble disagree. The interior feels cheap, the lack of AC vents and cup holders present a challenge to taking this on vacation with my kids. Add in that the tops all suck, and to be honest itā€™s left as a semi capable off-roader with a metric shit ton of design flaws.

As hyped as I was for the Bronco, I am at the end of my excitement. Reality has brought me crashing back down to earth, and now I am left debating on whether I should cancel outright or just give my dealer my day two reservation so someone can pay far more money than itā€™s worth. Good luck to you all. Iā€™m out.
I always find posts like these pretty powerful. Not too much drama. Invested member with over 300 posts. Truly someone who reached the end of their rope.

Canā€™t say I blame anyone here for feeling this way. I was high on the Granger list, decided to move forward, got a build date. Would be lying if i thought it was all puppies and roses.

Ford has a ton of great things in the works, Raptor R, Lightning, etcā€¦. But this launch, the long waiting list, the attempt to take on Wrangler face to faceā€¦.

I find Fords attempt just so damn embarrassing at times.
Sponsored