First world problems? The day after.

BRONCOLUV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Okay, here it goes. I wanted to create my first post and see if there are others on the same page as myself. Please be gentle, I'm just trying to see what others think,

Background:
I've been watching this forum and other sources in regards to the bronco before any content was ever leaked or even hinted. I'm a mild gear head with a passion for vehicles since I was 12. I've never owned a bronco and until the last 6 years, I've always owned a car. I currently use a 2nd gen Tacoma with a small lift to facilitate me and my family (3 total) to navigate the national forest and tent camp wherever there is a fire ring. It's been a blast and aside from some pinstriping on trails I have had awesome luck with the Tacoma.

So the time of the bronco is almost upon us once it hits the streets, and trails alike. I'm super excited and think they did an AWESOME job but there have been some things I noticed to fall short, yes they are minor and first world problems but am I wrong to think they should be available on a new ground-up vehicle in 2020 especially compared to the competition?

Here they are, along with my thought process:

Rear Air for the 4-door??
- I'm sorry but how did this get overlooked? Am I missing a picture of rear air vents somewhere? Obviously it's not a deal-breaker as my Tacoma also doesn't have rear air, but the 4-door wrangler does.. and the bronco sport does.. why can't my future 48k+ well-equipped bronco have it? Granted I live in the south, which means heat is an issue when doors-off|top-off isn't available for the trip at hand.
Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. 1594754869220

Rear center armrest (4-door)
- I did finally find a picture that has a fold-down armrest, but it appears to not be standard, it looks like this depends on the type of seat trim you get. again this is VERY minor, but for 48k I figured that would be standard across the board? I didn't find anything saying if you would get one or not depending on options.
None:
Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. 1594754904401

One:
Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. 1594754887787

Big money for sway-bar disconnect
- I would love to have the Badlands, but realistically it's out of my price range, really the main thing I really want from it is the sway disconnect, everything else is an easy aftermarket buy and install when funds become available. The important things are covered by the Sasquatch package. :) that leads me to think I should wait, maybe they will have it as an accessory add-on? Base+Sauatch+sway-disconnect. SOLD! although I really want the cactus grey and white top :) where is that option?
Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. 1594755074258

Engine / Transmission:
Yes, this subject has been beaten to death, but I really wanted that 7-spd with the 2.7. I know some don't care but as manual drivers know we are already giving up features to choose the manual and since we aren't getting the 5.0, we should have a manual across the engine lineup... right? Also, I wish towing was better.
Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. 1594755231157

2-door | 4-door:
Both look great, both have pros and cons. and with the items mentioned above it makes me wonder if a 2-door would be just fine for my family of 3. it seems the rear passengers in both have pretty much the same amount of legroom, and the 4-door already doesn't have air (to my knowledge) why not just go with the 2-door other than lack of cargo for extended trips? There should still have plenty of room with only three people, especially if I fold down the other seat (hopefully close to flat). Plus if I breakdown and just get the 2.3 to have the manual, it should still be plenty of power with the lighter curb weight. Plus those 2.3's with a tune seem to be pretty nice.
This thing is a BEAST
Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. 1594755248041

2door cargo:
Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. 1594755314957

4door cargo:
Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. 1594755279958

Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. 1594755356101

Honestly, I think that's it. there might be others but it's nothing that hasn't been mentioned before. The fact is it won't be "Perfect" for everyone and it's a new vehicle that has a purpose, and it fulfills that purpose, in my opinion, every way that counts and then some. I just wanted to have the conversation of what's best for my family and for the money can it be everything I want it to be whether that's 5 days in the wilderness mild overlanding or driving up to the next big city for a weekend retreat.

Photos- if you have easy access to some pictures that related to cargo room, rear legroom, seats down, seat options, etc post them and I will update the OP for those interested in the subjects covered. otherwise, I will try to add pictures over time. What are your thoughts so far? I know once I see it in person, I'm probably not going to care at all about the things missing, so I thought I would get it off my chest now haha. Maybe I should just wait for the new Ranger to meet my needs? Although that will probably only fix the towing :/
Sponsored

Last edited:

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rear Air for the 4-door??
- I'm sorry but how did this get overlooked? Am I missing a picture of rear air vents somewhere? Obviously it's not a deal-breaker as my Tacoma also doesn't have rear air, but the 4-door wrangler does.. and the bronco sport does.. why can't my future 48k+ well-equipped bronco have it? Granted I live in the south, which means heat is an issue when doors-off|top-off isn't available for the trip at hand.

Big money for sway-bar disconnect
- I would love to have the Badlands, but realistically it's out of my price range, really the main thing I really want from it is the sway disconnect, everything else is an easy aftermarket buy and install when funds become available. The important things are covered by the Sasquatch package. :) that leads me to think I should wait, maybe they will have it as an accessory add-on? Base+Sauatch+sway-disconnect. SOLD! although I really want the cactus grey and white top :) where is that option?
1) Good catch, I haven't seen rear air vents either. That would stink not having rear air on a 4-door and trying to get your family stoked for long adventure trips (try having a hormotional 16-yr-old girl ion the back seat for awhile). I'm going to put this in the "we haven't seen it yet but hoping it's gotta be there" category.

Similarly, it's a bummer only having the dual climate control as a option- that seems like something that is usually standard even on base model rental cars these days. Dual climate controls have saved my marriage lol.

2) I really hope the disconnect is an add-on. I like to go aftermarket VS. factory options, so I'm watching how that one plays out so I can keep the price down w/ a lower model.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sure the aftermarket will have a simple sway bar disconnect option to offer you. Sure, it will not activate with a button push, you will have to pull a pin or something, but it would be way cheaper than upgrading to the Badlands, just to get the sway bar disconnect.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these rear air vents?

Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. IMG_2163

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The lack of rear air in the 2-door and 4-door was my only complaint. Yet the Bronco Sport has rear air vents, but is smaller. Hopefully this is something that is fixed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BRONCOLUV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
1) Good catch, I haven't seen rear air vents either. That would stink not having rear air on a 4-door and trying to get your family stoked for long adventure trips (try having a hormotional 16-yr-old girl ion the back seat for awhile). I'm going to put this in the "we haven't seen it yet but hoping it's gotta be there" category.

Similarly, it's a bummer only having the dual climate control as a option- that seems like something that is usually standard even on base model rental cars these days. Dual climate controls have saved my marriage lol.

2) I really hope the disconnect is an add-on. I like to go aftermarket VS. factory options, so I'm watching how that one plays out so I can keep the price down w/ a lower model.
Yeah, we will see, I'm hoping some things are still "in the works" but at the same time, I don't think they would show us an unfinished product right?

I'm sure the aftermarket will have a simple sway bar disconnect option to offer you. Sure, it will not activate with a button push, you will have to pull a pin or something, but it would be way cheaper than upgrading to the Badlands, just to get the sway bar disconnect.
I could always just remove it manually like the Tacoma, but I'm not huge on it being off all the time as I do drive on road more than off.

OP
OP

BRONCOLUV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Are these rear air vents?

Ford Bronco First world problems? The day after. IMG_2163
I forget what those are called but they are to help with the pressure stabilization in the vehicle, it's needed with newer vehicles to breathe since vehicles are more air-tight than they use to be. that way your ears don't feel like they need to pop every time you close the door or turn the A/C on.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I could always just remove it manually like the Tacoma, but I'm not huge on it being off all the time as I do drive on road more than off.
I would not recommend permanent removal. But, like I said, hopefully there will be an aftermarket kit that simply allows you to pull a couple pins when hitting the trail, and put them back in, when you hit the road again. There are lots of these available for Jeeps, but not most other vehicles. It may be harder to keep the sway bar out of the way when disconnected with an IFS setup, but I'm pretty sure people have done DIY quick disconnect setups on other IFS vehicles.

https://www.4wheelparts.ca/b/suspension/sway-bar-link-disconnect/_/N-cm5m7

Deleted member 3063

My Rap is my first to have actual rear air vents. All the others had air ducts under the front seats.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Rear air vents are a big deal to me as well.

eneq

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco won't be the only truck sold with rear air vents. My dad's '16 Sierra doesn't have them.
Sponsored