Sponsored

First Year Bronco's will get hit with BIG Depreciation (claims article)

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't care what "they" say -- Not buying this for resale in a few years - Gonna drive it til it drops...I keep vehicles until the KBB value goes under $1K or they start making expensive noises...

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What a jack wagon that matthew crisara the author is.

”Car Edge talks about the possibility that ownership will be fraught with financial difficulties.”

Financial difficulties because there is no rebate on the Bronco?

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Duh. Whatever. Once inventory fills, of course there'll be usual discounts. I don't care.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who writes this....who reads this crap? Seriously, who buys a car for the resale value? Cars fulfill an emotional role for me. I drive them as long as I enjoy them or they stop holding up their end of the real by breaking and costing me a lot of money. Don't care about resale and never have.

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems contradictory to say that "rebates and discounts will be nonexistent for the foreseeable future" and "unparalleled surplus of demand over supply" while the premise of the article is how much value they will lose during the first couple of years. Based on those two assertions, I would think the Bronco would depreciate less than the average new car, not more.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It seems contradictory to say that "rebates and discounts will be nonexistent for the foreseeable future" and "unparalleled surplus of demand over supply" while the premise of the article is how much value they will lose during the first couple of years. Based on those two assertions, I would think the Bronco would depreciate less than the average new car, not more.
Everybody wants them and nobody can get one, you’ll never be able to sell them used...I’ll be honest I’ve considered ordering two to sell 1 for a profit.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I remember the 66 Bronco. It's value was lower due to the D30 and other options not offered the 1st year, but now it's a collector piece. So buy a 2021 and in 50 years it will be priceless. Building them at 5K a week once the initial flood is over they will be on the lots like Explorers and F150's. The day will come when you can order it and have it in 6 weeks below invoice.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that article is BS. Interest in the Bronco is off the charts. 21MY Broncos will be of somewhat limited numbers by the time they start rolling off the production line. (Supply and Demand) Second, Bronco is a Body on frame vehicle, not a Uni-body, (less likely to depreciate as much). There will be depreciation, but it won't be as bad as the article suggests.
Sponsored