Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Want a new bike and don't know what to get. I just sold my Giant Trance 1 and just looking for a gear cruiser/fitness or hybrid bike that is comfortable and I can ride for 10+ miles or longer. Not trying to be a triathlete and don't want a road bike as it kills my back hunched over. I don't mind diet road or light trails but not doing anything hardcore anymore. Too old for that sh*t. Please give me some suggestions. I don't want a cheap ass Walmart bike though
Sponsored

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Want a new bike and don't know what to get. I just sold my Giant Trance 1 and just looking for a gear cruiser/fitness or hybrid bike that is comfortable and I can ride for 10+ miles or longer. Not trying to be a triathlete and don't want a road bike as it kills my back hunched over. I don't mind diet road or light trails but not doing anything hardcore anymore. Too old for that sh*t. Please give me some suggestions. I don't want a cheap ass Walmart bike though
Trek fx 3 Disc will be perfect for you. Out of stock probably until fall,like most bikes are. Runs $799,flat bars, carbon fork.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My perfect setup is a full suspension x-crountry mtb. I keep a set of road wheels on 95% of the time with 700x32mm for fitness and commuting. I put the mtb wheels on for mtb. This way I only have to have one bike and it is perfect depending on the setup. You can do this to any higher end full suspension or hardtail mtb. If you like Giants the Anthem or any hardtail would work. I would prefer a Cannondale Scalpel.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My perfect setup is a full suspension x-crountry mtb. I keep a set of road wheels on 95% of the time with 700x32mm for fitness and commuting. I put the mtb wheels on for mtb. This way I only have to have one bike and it is perfect depending on the setup. You can do this to any higher end full suspension or hardtail mtb. If you like Giants the Anthem or any hardtail would work. I would prefer a Cannondale Scalpel.
hey now, that's a good idea!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cannondale Quick or the Giant Escape are some of the best bang-for-buck hybrids out there.

The Quick is cool because it has a huge range. You can get a cheap one all the way up to a fully loaded carbon version.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

hey now, that's a good idea!
I've been doing it like that since the late 90's. It's a lot easier to pull off these days because most mtbs have 27.5 or 29" tires. There weren't many 26" mtbs you could squeeze a 700c road wheel on back then.

OP
OP
Indominus49er

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thoughts on a Specialized Roll elite? I have a line on a fair priced one. I was checking out the trek as mentioned as well. Bikes are hard to find these days

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

also, do you have any pics?

OP
OP
Indominus49er

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think I might buy the roll as it's a good deal and gets my riding again. I'll post up some pics tomorrow. Also do plan on getting another MTB as well but I'm leaning towards a short trail or xc type bike. Haven't narrowed that down yet as what I want costs 5k or so and do I really need that? But I want, lol. The giant Stance I had was a decent bike but I do want something nicer. Thanks to everyone for the help, I appreciate it.
Sponsored