Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This will be the first of the flood of the same question. Might be worth getting a sticky going with a model and tire size compatibility chart, once confirmed.

Mainly because 'Can I fit X tires on my Y vehicle' is the most asked question on every single 4x4 forum.
That's because most everyone wants to drive a lifted rig without spending the money needed to run a lifted setup. Folks, if you want to know what will fit in the wheel wells of your new Bronco without cutting your brand new vehicle to pieces, then the first place you need to stop when you pick it up is a local tire shop and tell them, "I want to see the tallest and widest tires that will fit without rubbing without a lift." I guarantee you they will oblige as they will be as excited as you are to see what fits on the new Bronco. If your local tire shop that you do business with all the time won't help you with such a simple request, it's time to find a new tire shop.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check the numbers, lol

Every 1 lb of unsprung weight is 7 lbs of static weight. So Coopers are 16 lbs per corner over stock and 1 dead weight on the spare. 16x4x7 + 16 = 464 lbs equivalent of added load. I'd have to lose a lot more than 20-30 lbs. Toyos would be 348 lbs. For what it's worth the stock BL wheels (which are lighter C load) are 50 lbs = 261 lbs. Keep that in mind for extra hit on MPG.
Unsprung weight is very under-appreciated. It dramatically affects ride quality and can affect handling and tire wear negatively as well as economy. It is another reason I try and stay close to the load rating (and often weight) as the factory supplied rubber as possible.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unsprung weight is very under-appreciated. It dramatically affects ride quality and can affect handling and tire wear negatively as well as economy. It is another reason I try and stay close to the load rating (and often weight) as the factory supplied rubber as possible.
I edited. It’s 4:1 not 7:1

Sponsored