Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My Hardtop Bronco was making the same clicking/ popping sound too, so in November I took it in to my local Ford dealer for service. They fixed it by using a product called Krytox.. it’s been silent ever since!
TSB 22-2070 was released on 2/28/22 to address "Squeak and/or Rattle from Roof" on both hard and soft top Broncos.

The fix is to pinpoint the source of the noise and then apply Krytox grease to the offending latch hook, locator pin, and/or roof seals as needed.

the Ford part number for a tube of Krytox is 164-R4906. It has also been included in the Ford service "Squeak & Rattle" kit for at least 20 years if not longer.

Krytox - Wikipedia

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
270 miles in and it just started popping. Was really quiet up until now. Had this thread bookmarked!

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine just started making this noise on the passenger’s side the other day at around 6500 km on the odometer. It was fine all winter and the top has never been removed or even unlatched yet. I did remove the roof rack last week.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine just started making this noise on the passenger’s side the other day at around 6500 km on the odometer. It was fine all winter and the top has never been removed or even unlatched yet. I did remove the roof rack last week.
I unbuckled the front passenger's side roof panel and buckled it back up without removing, the clicking noise is gone. Must have just been off a hair.

Sponsored

medieval7

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My MIC roof started popping about 3k mi. in on a trip across the south, I did this mod/fix and it worked beautifully. Thank you OP / B6g!!

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TSB 22-2070 was released on 2/28/22 to address "Squeak and/or Rattle from Roof" on both hard and soft top Broncos.

The fix is to pinpoint the source of the noise and then apply Krytox grease to the offending latch hook, locator pin, and/or roof seals as needed.

the Ford part number for a tube of Krytox is 164-R4906. It has also been included in the Ford service "Squeak & Rattle" kit for at least 20 years if not longer.

Krytox - Wikipedia

Bought some of this on Amazon. Worked like a charm. Far easier than any of the proposed “mods” I’ve seen. My biggest problem Is the rear glass on the hardtop. The rubber seals make all kinds of noise against the tailgate. Silicone spray works but I’m having to constantly reapply.
Sponsored