Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Badlands and have experienced this gremlin on multiple occasions.

I switch my headlamps to the off position before exiting the vehicle. If I re-open a door or the tailgate, without starting the vehicle, the switch reverts to auto. If I shut my door very hard at all after exiting the vehicle, the switch reverts to auto. When left in the auto position, there is a high likelihood the lights will come on by themselves.

If the switch stays in the off position when I leave the vehicle, it seems like there is less of a likelihood that the lights will self-illuminate, but I’m not positive if this solves the problem.

This is an annoying switch, even without the gremlin, since it defaults to auto whenever the car is re-started. Kinda like the annoying auto-stop feature which must be reset every time you drive the car. I resent big brother, in this case Ford, dictating what should be on or off whenever I drive my car. I resent it even more when the system is a malfunctioning POS.
100% makes no difference with my bronco if the switch is set to off on exit or left in the auto position.
Sponsored

zilstershiner

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler, 2007 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Figured I’d chime in as I’m having this same issue. 22 Black Diamond. Found this thread after noticing my headlights on while parked in the driveway just a few minutes ago. This isn’t the first time. I often get into the bronco to find the headlight chime dinging and the headlight switch not selected to anything, so very consistent with everything else I’m seeing here. Today is rainy/overcast for what it’s worth. I’ll have to keep my eye out for weather conditions when it happens again.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have mine yet... Is there no alert on the phone app?

gnusto

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have mine yet... Is there no alert on the phone app?
No alert. Nothing in the app at all.

I've had mine since Feb 26th or so. I've observed it 18 times, sometimes multiple times a day. Most of the time, the full lights are on. Once or twice just the amber parking lights. Other times if I don't see it initially, the lights are "off" but the headlight chime goes off when you open the door and the switch it set to "nothing" like everyone else has seen. The majority of times are on overcast days or in the evening as the sun goes down, but it's happened in broad daylight too.

I feel like it generally happens within an hour or 2 of parking, but that could just be incidental to driving home and parking after work.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Badlands and have experienced this gremlin on multiple occasions.

I switch my headlamps to the off position before exiting the vehicle. If I re-open a door or the tailgate, without starting the vehicle, the switch reverts to auto. If I shut my door very hard at all after exiting the vehicle, the switch reverts to auto. When left in the auto position, there is a high likelihood the lights will come on by themselves.

If the switch stays in the off position when I leave the vehicle, it seems like there is less of a likelihood that the lights will self-illuminate, but I’m not positive if this solves the problem.

This is an annoying switch, even without the gremlin, since it defaults to auto whenever the car is re-started. Kinda like the annoying auto-stop feature which must be reset every time you drive the car. I resent big brother, in this case Ford, dictating what should be on or off whenever I drive my car. I resent it even more when the system is a malfunctioning POS.
Ford thinks that this is a feature. The lights always automatically revert to the auto position every time even if you manually switch it to the "off" position.

I just put the lights in auto when I leave the vehicle. My Bronco is garage kept so I have no idea if they come on by themselves at night. I have never come back to my vehicle with the lights on.

Sponsored

pjwalker

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 67 Mustang, 08 landcruiser, 14 BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the same issue with my 2022 v6 base Bronco. Headlights not turning off, I've only have the car for 2 months, 1,400 miles it has happened on 4 occasions. do dealers know there is a issue and is there a fix? I have not noticing lights Turing on automatically.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the same issue with my 2022 v6 base Bronco. Headlights not turning off, I've only have the car for 2 months, 1,400 miles it has happened on 4 occasions. do dealers know there is a issue and is there a fix? I have not noticing lights Turing on automatically.
At this point there is no known solution. Several have had the switch replaced, and the problem persists. Some are waiting on a BCM replacement, but those are back ordered, and we have not seen anyone report that fixes the issue. The smart money is the problem is a software issue. Hopefully a solution gets coded soon. Try manually turning the switch to off (top led lights up) before shutdown. That usually stops them from spontaneously coming on. Do go to your dealership if you have time to get a ticket started.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco's headlight concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

gnusto

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford thinks that this is a feature. The lights always automatically revert to the auto position every time even if you manually switch it to the "off" position.

I just put the lights in auto when I leave the vehicle. My Bronco is garage kept so I have no idea if they come on by themselves at night. I have never come back to my vehicle with the lights on.
I've seen the headlights turn on while the car is off even when I manually set the switch to "off". Auto or off, it makes no difference. They can and will turn themselves back on while parked.

MR_LIONBOT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MINI Cooper S 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2022 Badlands w/ 10sp auto, no other options. Have the headlight issue too. Seems to happen mostly around dusk. Went weeks without seeing issue but just had another occurrence yesterday.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2022 Badlands w/ 10sp auto, no other options. Have the headlight issue too. Seems to happen mostly around dusk. Went weeks without seeing issue but just had another occurrence yesterday.
Good afternoon, James! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these headlight concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

RRRRRGYLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am still experiencing the same issue a couple times a week at minimum. Still seems tied to the use of the key fob.

pjwalker

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 67 Mustang, 08 landcruiser, 14 BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone received any help from Ford on this headlight issue, someone saying they are from ford is offering help, is it a scam? they want what seems to be way too much information...
My car is at the dealer, they have no information from Ford regarding this?

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone received any help from Ford on this headlight issue, someone saying they are from ford is offering help, is it a scam? they want what seems to be way too much information...
My car is at the dealer, they have no information from Ford regarding this?

I provided the information and got a call with a case number.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good afternoon, James! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these headlight concerns for you on my end. Thanks!
In all fairness, this is a common problem not limited to a few Vins.
Sponsored