First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a “fixed roof” Bronco would look an awful lot like a boxy Everest. They’d make a 3 row Bronco to compete against 4Runner.
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotcha. I would not take it. Well, I take that back, I would take it. Then I would remove it, trash it and light it on fire and go buy a soft top.

@Ford Motor Company

Can you make this happen? Fixed top roof that I can remove and actually get a Bronco before 2025?
There would be three options for the 4 door:
-Soft Top
-Removable Hard Top
-Non-Removable Hard Top
2 door remain as is, ALL Broncos with removable doors

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not interested!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they want a solid roof 4x4 go buy a 4 runner and drive it 200k+ worry free miles. Not once have I considered a rover.
Ya'know....some of us are locked into ONLY 2-door...for religious reasons. If the JF hadn't copied the design of an ancient suit of armor - where you could only see out of narrow slits, I'da bought a handful

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s a little scary judging from posts in this thread that some don’t know jack about Broncos but they don’t know jack shit about LR and LR Defenders. Maybe Land Rover needs to get back to their roots instead of their current lineup marketed to the mall crawling hipsters.

Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter F9FF7B67-336B-48C1-98B3-A13F568FD7C2
Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter F8EF8C45-13B8-4F3E-916F-75BD0AACA9C9
Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter 7B434494-2A74-4797-AEB3-AE3ABA6EF060
Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter 595936B5-441D-4AC2-9FAB-D1C92058B413
Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter FAB93FC6-C82B-49E5-AE55-28AC10CA377A

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would be all in on a fixed hard top and that’s actually what has me considering the Defender and 4Runner (when their 6G comes out) in addition to the WT I have on order. I have little desire to take the top off. I ride my bikes 4000 miles per year and that’s enough open air for me. Not sure why Ford didn’t consider fixed top as well as removable top. I know they are aiming the Bronco to be a Jeep killer, but even Wranglers have one piece more or less fixed hard top options. What would appeal to me is a fixed hard top edition with a bit higher quality interior. They could position it like the old Eddie Bauer editions. I realize that‘s my personal preference and would not have wide appeal, but one can wish, right?

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have no desire for a fixed top Bronco but if Ford wants to sell one, I’m sure someone will buy it. I’ve had a 62 Scout, 77 Scout II and a 71 Bronco and I think the only time any of them had their tops on was when I bought them and when I sold them.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would be all in on a fixed hard top and that’s actually what has me considering the Defender and 4Runner (when their 6G comes out) in addition to the WT I have on order. I have little desire to take the top off.
A fixed top with removable front panels would work well for me. The current setup actually provides that already, but having the clamshell fixed would likely result in a quieter more solid vehicle.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have no desire for a fixed top Bronco but if Ford wants to sell one, I’m sure someone will buy it. I’ve had a 62 Scout, 77 Scout II and a 71 Bronco and I think the only time any of them had their tops on was when I bought them and when I sold them.
Ha thanks for the memories. I had a 71 Scout my first 4 wheeler. I think I took the top off once and it was such a PITA, I never did again. I ended up selling when I bought an 89 Bronco. Seems like I was always chasing some electrical problem or little thing. But the drive train was seriously bullet proof. What I remember most was when I had it in 4WD, it sounded like a tractor. I wonder why? If IH (Navistar) decided to make an SUV, I would be all in!

(Edit: said it was a ‘74, it was ‘71…duh.)

Last edited:

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tell me you don't know Bronco history without telling me you don't know Bronco history.

1630181535774.png
How many gens was this done? gen1, the first, that ended in 77, which also had the hardtop option. 5 generations did not have a supported removable roof, or 19 production years. I mean if you are calling out one gen that ended in the 70s that had an option and low production that's nice. So to clarify for 1/3 the existence there was an option for no roof, the other 2/3rds it was only a roof. But what the bronco is and has become is not that.

I think it's smart to get into the jeep fight and go back to the 60s. Part of the reason I want it is removable roof. But I think that is the minority out in the real world, and it would be smart to make a roofed version with more tech and features. Would even help now with the MIC/MOD disaster.

Edit: I do think the removable panels or large sunroof on a fixed roof would really go far. Would be enough for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd take one in a heartbeat. I care more about it's off road chops than it being a convertible
Interesting part may be more tech since less concern about water and removable design and keep the offroad ability

Reactions: Jdc

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Ford interview discussing the possibility of a fixed roof was no accident, it was a trial baloon by Ford to gauge interest.

For those of us that sunburn with a 60 watt light bulb, a fixed or one piece roof would be outstanding, I will never take the roof off so I would prefer the quieter interior a fixed or one piece roof would bring.

At the rate the champion Bronco rollout team is going my plan B 2023 6th gen 4Runner will be here before my 2023 white modular top Bronco will be.
Sponsored