North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hate these stupid articles. Just looking for clicks. Total non-news. Nothing to be gained from them. Dunno why anyone gives them the time of day.
Ford corporate does not give interviews for clickbait, there is a method to their madness for every word that is uttered.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd love to see a fixed roof up to the front seats, but still have removable front panels and the ability to add a Sunrider front top. It would be much quieter and less places for leaks and noises.
T-tops!

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t plan to ever remove my hardtop, so I would be perfectly fine with this.

This will be my 4th Bronco, I’ve got over 25+ years of Bronco ownership, and I’ve never taken a roof off of any of them.

I owned a soft top Wrangler for 2 years (complete POS). In those 2 years I put the top down a total of 6 times. I got snowed on 2 of those times, I got rained/hailed on 2 times, and enjoyed the sun exactly twice. Welcome to Montana.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So if you fix the roof, you fix the rear fenders and there goes the modularity.

A one piece hard top on the two door with a sunroof and regular headliner that can be hoisted would be nice.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So if you fix the roof, you fix the rear fenders and there goes the modularity.

A one piece hard top on the two door with a sunroof and regular headliner that can be hoisted would be nice.
That is a good point about the rear quarter panels not being able to be removed, unless there are removable windows and there is a small gap for the sheet metal for the quarter panel as the work around. Or it may be something that you give up as far as modularity of the rear quarter fenders for going fixed roof. Decisions have consequences and that would be one of having a fixed roof.

Truth be told, I do not see a large percentage of people changing out their quarter panels, but time will tell.

Yamahamer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t plan to ever remove my hardtop, so I would be perfectly fine with this.

This will be my 4th Bronco, I’ve got over 25+ years of Bronco ownership, and I’ve never taken a roof off of any of them.

I owned a soft top Wrangler for 2 years (complete POS). In those 2 years I put the top down a total of 6 times. I got snowed on 2 of those times, I got rained/hailed on 2 times, and enjoyed the sun exactly twice. Welcome to Montana.
^ This is me also. I'd be much more inclined to place an order for a new Bronco right away (and then wait for delivery) if I could have a good, solid non-removable hardtop - with windows that had proper window frame channels to secure them in place and stop the wind noise. I've owned several vehicles with "frameless" windows and every one of them had wind noise at high road speeds, if not when new then when they had some miles on them.

I've owned one Bronco but numerous Wranglers. Never had the desire to take off the top on any of them. My current Wrangler came with the "dual top" option....the soft top has been stored in my basement ever since I bought the Jeep.

So Ford, yes, please! Make a Bronco with a solid, insulated, body-colored hardtop!

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

^ This is me also. I'd be much more inclined to place an order for a new Bronco right away (and then wait for delivery) if I could have a good, solid non-removable hardtop - with windows that had proper window frame channels to secure them in place and stop the wind noise. I've owned several vehicles with "frameless" windows and every one of them had wind noise at high road speeds, if not when new then when they had some miles on them.

I've owned one Bronco but numerous Wranglers. Never had the desire to take off the top on any of them. My current Wrangler came with the "dual top" option....the soft top has been stored in my basement ever since I bought the Jeep.

So Ford, yes, please! Make a Bronco with a solid, insulated, body-colored hardtop!
But make sure to still have removable doors, rear window that can go down into the tail gate and the removable rear windows, similar to the 80s Bronco II. 4Runner has a terrible time with exhaust coming back onto the truck when driving down the road when the rear window is down.....Also please do some wind tunnel research and ensure this doesn't happen :ROFLMAO:

Yamahamer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But make sure to still have removable doors, rear window that can go down into the tail gate and the removable rear windows, similar to the 80s Bronco II. 4Runner has a terrible time with exhaust coming back onto the truck when driving down the road when the rear window is down.....Also please do some wind tunnel research and ensure this doesn't happen :ROFLMAO:
Nope, not for me. Never understood the desire for removeable doors or windows. I live in the desert and spend my time in the back country. The only Jeeps I see with doors off and roof off are those in town that never leave pavement. Those of us who drive the back roads want the dirt to stay on the OUTSIDE of the vehicle. See that photo of my Bronco in my avatar? That's what our roads look like around here. Take the doors off and all that sand will be joining you inside the cab.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always underestimate the amount of people fascinated with removing doors and the top. I’d prefer a slightly longer Bronco with a higher tow capacity and fixed roof.

Even with a body on frame vehicle, the C/D pillars help to transfer tow stress into the vehicle.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope, not for me. Never understood the desire for removeable doors or windows. I live in the desert and spend my time in the back country. The only Jeeps I see with doors off and roof off are those in town that never leave pavement. Those of us who drive the back roads want the dirt to stay on the OUTSIDE of the vehicle. See that photo of my Bronco in my avatar? That's what our roads look like around here. Take the doors off and all that sand will be joining you inside the cab.

I have had to clean out quite a bit of sand and dust in my time. As long as you are the first vehicle, it isn't too bad. But number two back is horrible. I like the ability to have everything off but I agree that it isn't always the way to go. If I am going out and about (back country), I definitely want my doors and top. That is why the 4 door is pretty cool that you can have onboard storage of doors, though that takes up precious space. I'd be good with a good set of vinyl doors to protect against the elements if caught out in the rain, etc...

Back to your point, I do think that the majority of the time I will have my doors off will be when I am in town on pavement....When I am going camping or hitting trails, 99% of that time I will have the doors on and probably the roof buttoned up because the sun is brutal and I like my A/C ;)

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have zero interest in removing the roof. I've mentioned it multiple times but I plan on prerunning in my Bronco (why I'm waiting for the Raptor now) and with the dust you don't even drive with the windows down most the time unless it's your turn to lead the group. If they offered a fixed top with sun roof it would be perfect.

Now that being said I don't mind a modular hard time, the few times I goto Pismo or Glamis I may pop the top off for cruising but that is likely the only time I'd ever remove it. I really think Ford should offer a "lux" high class model of the Bronco for people who have zero interest in seeing the dirt. Just go all out Land Rover competition, I think it's good for the model to have more of them out there.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On a similar note, the windows operate in a very kludgey way because there is no frame for them.
The lower trims have flimsy doors. It’s not all Broncos that have these problems FYI.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On a similar note, the windows operate in a very kludgey way because there is no frame for them.
I didn't see any issues with the windows on the Bronco I got to look at. They worked just like the windows on the 2 Challengers that I owned. ( frameless as well )
Sponsored