Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no interest at all, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a "fixed" roof like the 5G, which wasn't supposed to come off like the earlier FSBs.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://fordauthority.com/2021/08/ford-bronco-team-not-ruling-out-fixed-roof-upscale-model
Per Ford Authority article

Ford Bronco Team Not Ruling Out Fixed Roof, Upscale Model

August 28, 2021

It’s hard to imagine a Ford Bronco without some sort of removable roof portion, a feature that’s always been synonymous with The Blue Oval’s legendary off-roader. After all, open-air cruising and trail riding are some of the Bronco’s most appealing features. But as it turns out, the same team that brought us the sixth-generation 2021 Ford Bronco hasn’t quite ruled out building a version of the SUV with a non-removable, fixed roof just yet.

“Not really, because the whole premise of the [Bronco] is open-air,” Ford Bronco Chief Engineer, Eric Loeffler, told Ford Authority Executive Editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview. “Will someone in the aftermarket do it? Maybe. But generally speaking, we think that most people will want to be running around with the top off. But if we get customer demand for it over the next couple of years, then we’ll consider it.”

“Then you know, there are those of us who wonder what would happen if you wanted to go full Land Rover fighter with this vehicle, way up end, and then you would notice that they don’t have a removable top and they need that for quietness and so forth, so if we ever wanted to do something like that, then that could happen.”

These are undoubtedly interesting comments that indicate Ford has at least considered the idea of making a version of the Bronco that’s more of a direct competitor to the new Land Rover Defender. At least a few members of the Bronco team are clearly receptive to the idea, which is obviously intriguing on a number of levels.

While it doesn’t offer a removable top option, the Land Rover Defender does compete with the Jeep Wrangler and Bronco in the burgeoning off-road SUV segment, though it’s a bit more luxurious and expensive than those two. The Defender is available in both two- and four-door configurations, and unlike the Bronco, can be paired with a V8.

While Jeep is clearly concerned about the Bronco’s arrival, Joe Eberhardt, president and CEO of Land Rover North America, recently welcomed Ford’s rugged SUV to the world, citing its positive impact on the overall segment. However, he doesn’t view the Bronco as a direct competitor to the Defender, though perhaps that could change at some point in the coming years.
Fixed top would completely RUIN the Bronco name!!

NEVER has a Bronco had a fixed top. Fuck Ford if they ever do!

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a “fixed roof” Bronco would look an awful lot like a boxy Everest. They’d make a 3 row Bronco to compete against 4Runner.
An Everest covered in camo was testing in Detroit earlier this year... Maybe they're bringing it here finally.. Personally, I'd select a fixed roof Bronco over any of the other roof options, even if it was like the 5G. My Broncos roof and doors are staying where they are. I'm buying a 4x4 station wagon. The Bronco is as close as I can configure to an AMC Eagle or 1st generation Explorer.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fixed top would completely RUIN the Bronco name!!

NEVER has a Bronco had a fixed top. Fuck Ford if they ever do!
They never had 4 doors either, but here we are. You can clearly see by the ratio that Ford made a smart move there.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They never had 4 doors either, but here we are. You can clearly see by the ratio that Ford made a smart move there.
Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter Centurion-Classic-SUV-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full

Not straight from Factory but did exist. And we're somewhat popular... Also expensive as hell!

Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just took my family on a 4000 mile meandering Miami to Burlington Vermont and back road trip. Wife and I discussed that we'd both be interested in a Bronco hardtop.

First, we have a 4Dr MIC hardtop and there is no getting around the fact that it is loud. We have the optional right bbwr floor mats over the carpet floor mats over the carpet to cut down noise. It is liveable, bit a hardtop would definitely be more quiet.

FYI, I owned my 94 Defender 90 softtop before selling it to buy my 95 Defender hardtop. I liked the hardtop WAY more.

We removed the front panels once on our trip while in Vermont and after an hour my wife insisted we put them back on because the Vermont summer sun was too much. Also, the bag Ford gives to put those two panels in is near impossible to figure out how they for in. It's cumbersome at best.

On a similar note, the windows operate in a very kludgey way because there is no frame for them. Back driver's side window has delay in opening when you open the door, so every time I open that door, the window catches at the top. Bad design! My daughters sit in kid seats in the back, so I open that door a lot

Love to see a hardtop option. I would order with my wife's 2 Dr 2022 Mansquatch build for sure if available.
Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter jee
Appreciate the honest first hand experience with the hard top. At least the windows don't sag like the soft top. Jeep plastic windows are as tight as a drum, so it can be done. Ford really screwed the soft top design. Hard top is the only way to go IMO.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So Ford said it wasn’t considered and isn’t what Bronco is, but basically says “never say never”…and that’s an article? I guess you could say that every vehicle out there could come out as a convertible next year because the manufacturer hasn’t ruled it out…that’s about the same thing as this crap article.
I hate these stupid articles. Just looking for clicks. Total non-news. Nothing to be gained from them. Dunno why anyone gives them the time of day.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You would cancel your order if ford offered an additional option to the type of top just out of spite? you are an interesting fellow
It could be worse. Some would cancel and buy a Jeep or Toyota. That'll teach Ford. They only have 2 years of sold out sales. You'll be missed. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford should just wait until the Defender loses sales and Rover makes a convertible model.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You would cancel your order if ford offered an additional option to the type of top just out of spite? you are an interesting fellow
No, I would cancel if that was the only option.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could be worse. Some would cancel and buy a Jeep or Toyota. That'll teach Ford. They only have 2 years of sold out sales. You'll be missed. :ROFLMAO:
Go visit some Jeep forums and see where all those Q1 and Q2 record breaking sales are currently coming from.

Hint: they weren’t looking at Jeeps to start.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, will we now hear the Bronco Sport people say they were the “original” hardtop Bronco? :cautious:
kpEW7PwHaEK?w=333&h=187&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

Here is the OG fixed roof. However apparently the rumor is that early models had removable side windows.
Sponsored