Sponsored

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dealer actually did a pretty good job on this issue for me…
Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I complained to my dealer (same place I bought it from) and they fixed the problem. This is their issue and should be fixing it for every Bronco owner.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should make a youtube video on adjusting one of the windows. Im sure it would really help out A LOT of ppl and get tons of hits. Especially for the more visual learners aka myself than the procedure reads. Remember the old saying “reads like stereo instructions”? That’s what this feels like.
Most definitely, I can almost guarantee that it’s a much easier process than

OP
OP
broncobase1

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here on my Wildtrak and Raptor. I think I am going to perform the work myself. I'm not sure the dealer can get it right.
Definitely perform it yourself if you are a little mechanical and comfortable taking measurements. I'm glad I did, and it increased my confidence that I can easily deal with any issue that might come up with the windows and doors. Also the spec calls out for a tolerance of +- 2mm, way too much in my opinion. I got mine within 0.25mm.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here you go. Be patient and you can fix it. Sucks we have to do this. My dealers attempt was laughable.

Is the procedure for the 2-Door the same as the front door posted by chance?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is the procedure for the 2-Door the same as the front door posted by chance?
Sorry I only saved copies of 4 door procedures when I had access to the service site. I think it’s an easy assumption that 2 door would be near identical.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry I only saved copies of 4 door procedures when I had access to the service site. I think it’s an easy assumption that 2 door would be near identical.
I would too, if the front and rear weren't separate instructions lol, thanks for the reply!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would too, if the front and rear weren't separate instructions lol, thanks for the reply!
The only real difference for the back door procedure is on removing the door panels. The window adjustment was identical.

OP
OP
broncobase1

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most definitely, I can almost guarantee that it’s a much easier process than
I thought about it -- but I'm not much of a video producer. Maybe one of the professional YouTube guys will beat me to it.
The front and rear instructions are nearly identical, the only difference the front calls out additional measurements to the front A pillar. Its really only the two top measurements you need to be concerned with, the side measurements to A pillar worked out when I got the top measurements right. I'm pretty sure the 2-door would be nearly identical.

Bird

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just did this for my driver door and am stoked to have it opening and closing without the drag finally. The tape at the bottom was great advice to get the adjustment dialed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncobase1

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I complained to my dealer (same place I bought it from) and they fixed the problem. This is their issue and should be fixing it for every Bronco owner.
Agree, but not every dealer is going to know what to do or have the training to do it right. I actually kind of enjoyed this job and the learning experience.

OP
OP
broncobase1

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just did this for my driver door and am stoked to have it opening and closing without the drag finally. The tape at the bottom was great advice to get the adjustment dialed.
Glad it worked out. Hopefully Ford adds this step in the manual because it makes all the difference.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just have to say...

If the windows do not need to close up under the weatherstripping at the top then why in blazes do they even need to drop? Not for air pressure compensation

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is probably going to sound stupid, but the windows catching on the weatherstripping (even a little) is not supposed to happen? My Wildtrak did that and my Raptor does that and I honestly just thought that was that.
The windows are supposed to drop but I surmise ONLY for clearance when closing. It certainly could have been an easy engineering feat to have the windows drop the INSTANT you touch the door handle to unlock, not AFTER you start opening the door. Just my 2 cents @Ford Motor Company

BTW the only time I was really concerned with how mine work was the other day after an ice storm when the windows refused to drop and then would also not close properly until the ice melted and they could drop

OP
OP
broncobase1

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just have to say...

If the windows do not need to close up under the weatherstripping at the top then why in blazes do they even need to drop? Not for air pressure compensation
Good question. The windows are designed to slip out of the weather stripping when opened (the auto drop doesn't occur until door ajar is sensed and at this time the door is already open). It's when closing the door the window needs to be down so it can properly seat into the stripping. It can slip out when opening, but can't seat properly when closing if the window is all the way up. Its the way its designed. The auto drop is to facilitate closing, not opening. It all works great if the windows are correctly aligned (3mm of engagement into the rubber). I did the procedure myself several months ago and the window catching issue is resolved, works great and seals great. I'm pretty sure other vehicles with frameless doors work pretty much the same way. I've been watching them when I see them and it looks the same.
Sponsored