Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi I’ve had my 2014 FJ Cruiser for 7yrs. I have loved it but with my kids getting bigger 2 real doors is getting annoying also I’m tired of waiting for it to come back. The bronco is the only vehicle I’ve seen so far that wld finally get me to trade it in (also the fact I can get more for it now than when I bought it helps). But after obsessively reading about issues and delays I’m worried about switching, even now thinking about getting a Range Rover instead. It wld be one thing if we cld get hard answers about when to expect delivery or even a build date but I’m worried if I wait too long my FJ will go down in value making the bronco less appealing. I wld appreciate any thoughts on what I shld do keep my FJ, wait for Bronco, or get a Range Rover. Thanks!
Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Which range rover? I was hoping one would be more off road capable and nicer on the road. After breaking a tire and bending a wheel in Death Valley, and getting stuck in an inch of mud hidden under dry grass, I do not have any faith at all in it off road. (Velar) However, I sure like driving it on road a lot more than my 2011 Raptor. While the defender might be more capable I worry about those 20 inch wheels having issues at speed which a bronco will not.

OP
OP
Rosanna

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which range rover? I was hoping one would be more off road capable and nicer on the road. After breaking a tire and bending a wheel in Death Valley, and getting stuck in an inch of mud hidden under dry grass, I do not have any faith at all in it off road. (Velar) However, I sure like driving it on road a lot more than my 2011 Raptor. While the defender might be more capable I worry about those 20 inch wheels having issues at speed which a bronco will not.
Hi I’m not looking to off road but I live in central NY and we get lots of snow and feel better w a meatier vehicle. I was considering the evoque or discovery sport. If I don’t get a lot of extras it wld b about the same as the Bronco. Big con is the closest dealer is 1 and 1/2 hrs away which wld make it inconvenient for service and recalls. Also my husband says they are not as reliable.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi I’m not looking to off road but I live in central NY and we get lots of snow and feel better w a meatier vehicle. I was considering the evoque or discovery sport. If I don’t get a lot of extras it wld b about the same as the Bronco. Big con is the closest dealer is 1 and 1/2 hrs away which wld make it inconvenient for service and recalls. Also my husband says they are not as reliable.
Well people love them so I think you would too. I would really not get a bronco for on road use as the top noise is going to be a pain. Do you like talking on the phone while driving? My Velar is the only vehicle I can do so while actually hearing the person. My dealer is currently 2 hours away, and at the next place will be even farther. Sucks to be honest. I haven't had any problems with mine and it was literally on the first boat to the US. Nice having a loaner while in for service.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was looking at a Defender 110 and thought I might buy one. But their option packages are crazy expensive. To get one with any decent off road and luxury items added like $25,000.

Don't like FJ's... So Bronco is what I clicked. But don't sleep on a Wrangler. It would be between Bronco and Wrangler, as it should be.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I toyed with ordering a Defender, but then I read all the issues people have with them, and decided against it. They look cool and seem super capable, however they seem to be susceptible to blowing out tires ;)

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I toyed with ordering a Defender, but then I read all the issues people have with them, and decided against it. They look cool and seem super capable, however they seem to be susceptible to blowing out tires ;)
Yeah, I have no idea why they put 20-inch wheels on them.

Last edited:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Goodyear Wranglers are an option, or standard if you get the off-road pack. I'd still prefer KO2's, though.
Yeah, I just don't see many built with that option pack... I live close to the RR dealer and have yet to see one. Not that they have ANY right now...

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Range Rover = Money pit.

I'd run the FJ for another year and assess the Bronco Situation myself.

FJs are keeping value pretty well. Sticks better than autos of course.
Sponsored