First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasq , 22 McLaren GT, 20 Audi A8hybr,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be very interested in your findings and your conversations with Demco and others. I reached out to Demco this morning and they said its a Bronco problem, they had no contacts and Ford was going to have to address it. They also said there was no supplemental braking system on the market that works with the 2.7l. Funniest was they sent me a link to this thread.

I was pretty sure my was working properly, until I really tested it.

I also found a twitter handle to a Bronco Engineer today and sent them a tweet for help and a link to the thread. I am not holding my breath, but hope remains.

It just canā€™t be this friggā€™n hard.

JD

Last edited:

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will be very interested in your findings and your conversations with Demco and others. I reached out to Demco this morning and they said its a Bronco problem, they had no contacts and Ford was going to have to address it. They also said there was no supplemental braking system on the market that works with the 2.7l. Funniest was they sent me a link to this thread.

I was pretty sure my was working properly, until I really tested it.

I also found a twitter handle to a Bronco Engineer today and sent them a tweet for help and a link to the thread. I am not holding my breath, but hope remains.

It just canā€™t be this friggā€™n hard.

JD
You're right JD, it shouldn't be this hard to get reliable help from this huge corporation.
Makes me think they don't have a solution or not worth putting the time n money to find a fix.

OP
OP

AZBronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am also working on a connection with a Forscan tech that is going to be looking into the issue from a software/programming standpoint.

Last edited:

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gents,

A thought on how to get Fordā€™s attention. This EBB sleep issue affects all ā€œtowableā€ Ford vehicles with EBB produced after a certain year, correct? If so what are everyoneā€™s thoughts on producing a list of towable vehicles and posting on a couple of RV forums such as ā€œIRV2ā€. My thought being if we can make this about more than the Bronco, which has a very small group of owners who flat tow, we might be able to get Fordā€™s attention.

Iā€˜m willing to post on another forum but will need some help putting together a list of vehicles affected and the detail of the issue. Since Iā€™m still waiting for my Bronco, thatā€™s been stuck in a rail yard 3.5 hours away for 24 days, I donā€™t have first hand knowledge so Iā€™d need some help validating my understanding of the issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AZBronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have already put the Bronco issue on IRV2. I am not sure and with out a lot of effort to confirm the problem exists across platforms. I am assuming it should. Especially the F-150. Probably naive, but I think if we keep working on it we will find a solution and eventually the NTHSB should come around. In the coming days I am going to build a list of press RV outlets to notify, I think that will have more of an effect than a bunch of pesky owners bitching about a problem that Ford probably thinks is pilot or accessory installed error.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gents,

A thought on how to get Fordā€™s attention. This EBB sleep issue affects all ā€œtowableā€ Ford vehicles with EBB produced after a certain year, correct? If so what are everyoneā€™s thoughts on producing a list of towable vehicles and posting on a couple of RV forums such as ā€œIRV2ā€. My thought being if we can make this about more than the Bronco, which has a very small group of owners who flat tow, we might be able to get Fordā€™s attention.

Iā€˜m willing to post on another forum but will need some help putting together a list of vehicles affected and the detail of the issue. Since Iā€™m still waiting for my Bronco, thatā€™s been stuck in a rail yard 3.5 hours away for 24 days, I donā€™t have first hand knowledge so Iā€™d need some help validating my understanding of the issue.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...e-bms-time-out-nthsa-claim.36496/post-1233301

OP
OP

AZBronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
According to a tech, that spent 3 hours digging around in forscan. Looking for a toggle or setting to change. There was nothing he could find to do that he thought would fix the issue..

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooo! Didnā€™t work! I let it run on the line for 45 mins tapping brakes periodically and the the ebb shut off I opened the door and it came on again I sat in the bronco while my son hit the brakes in the rv fully connected and in flat tow mode and 15 mins later I heard a click noise and the power brakes went away again so guess Iā€™ll be calling ford on Monday to see what they are gonna do.

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Side note I had water dripping from the center of my muffler I have a pin hole on it I guess from sitting at Dearborn great one more thing to talk to them about

Sponsored
OP
OP

AZBronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interior guy, unfortunately not surprised. This is a Ford issue not Demco, not charge line. Ford needs to get on this ASAP

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Side note I had water dripping from the center of my muffler I have a pin hole on it I guess from sitting at Dearborn great one more thing to talk to them about
Sorry it didn't work, how long can Ford ignore it to avoid a recall... Side note, I have a pin hole to (see pick) next to blue dot.
Ford Bronco Flat Tow 2.7l Electric Brake/BMS time out. NTHSA claim 20220430_172021

I believe it is to prevent moisture buildup in the muffler