drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2021+ F150, Mach-E and 2021 Lincoln Nautilus are the only ones with sync 4 so far. Only the hybrid F150 has EBB, the others still use vacuum. Only the 2.7L Nautilus can be flat towed. The MachE can not be flat towed. The Bronco itself only has EBB on the Bronco 2.7 as the 2.3 has vacuum brakes. This leaves the an extremely small subset of vehicles/users (those that flat tow) this occurs in, which is probably why few (almost none) are complaining or even knows it exists.
Just a small interjection about this. The entire lineup of the 2021 F-150 uses EBB, it’s not offered at all with vacuum assist. I’ve posted in this thread a list of vehicles with either standard or engine dependent EBB systems that also are capable of being flat towed

Also the 2022 Expedition and Navigator have Sync 4 though I’m not sure specifically what that has to do with any of this.
Sponsored

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sync3 models enabled neutral tow through a different method/process and don't appear to have the issue. Course they may not have EBB either. Looks like you're right on the F150.. notes getting clogged.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, the 2021 and newer F150's have EBB, I was test driving them before my Bronco came in trying to learn all I could about towing with the EBB. Just didn't know there was a ~30 minute delay before they stopped working.
There was a thread on IRV2 about a guy that was having problems with his new F150 brakes locking up. The fix was to lower the pressure on the braking system. Little did he know that more than likely he would not have brakes on his toad after 30 minutes.

oldgrayrider

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, that is the proper link. To see all the filed issues with Bronco. Search for 2021 Ford Bronco and there is a tab to view all complaints. Ours show up as "service brakes". You can click on each complaint and read the report
I filed several weeks ago but mine is a 2022.

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent mine months ago but I was on the phone with ford for 2 hours again then my dealer my local dealer sent a hot line in again the tech told him if there is a draw on the battery when ignition is on it will shut down unnecessary items lol and if ignition is off and battery has draw it will initiate the 45 min timer the service manager had to reiterate to the ford tech line that it was when in tow mode in capital letters and that brakes were a necessary item I’m not sure the ford techs understand tow mode I think they thought o was towing something even the service manager admitted he didn’t really understand flat towing and he is an intelligent guy I’m sure the tech at ford he’s no understanding of what is going on ford wants me to bring it to the dealer just so they can reset it even though we know it will do nothing I explained that I had 13.5 or more volts constant to the bronco while hooked to my rv the service manager understands but articulating that to the ford hot line techs through emails and texts loses a lot in translation. So I have to wait till the 25th to go into the dealer for them to tell me that o have sufficient power to my battery. It’s so frustrating. They won’t let us explain to a human without going step by step. I gave grants tech line number to my service guy and he also texted this forum to the techs as well but I feel like it will fall into what I am calling flat tow pergetory

Sponsored

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine also is a 2022 I filed months ago around march

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m burned out it’s become a full time job

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder why mine isn’t showing up

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go into NHTSA and do a search with your VIN.

Sponsored

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I almost opened a few on VINs I pulled from sales ads...

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea congrats. So now when I call Ford I have 2 people Ashley and Faith I’ve been working with and now every time I call their extension it say that the associate is unavailable and that has been me calling like 5-6 times a day to each extension since Monday. I feel like I might be getting the cold shoulder. I sent an email talking about taking this to media and attorneys now they won’t answer any more. Hmmm🤷‍♂️
Once you say something like that they can't talk to you anymore. It's like that at any company. You saying you will get attorneys involved elevates the conversation and companies don't want anyone talking at that point because if you talk, you can get dragged into court.

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I resubmitted another claim with the highway safety that’s annoying I know I did it but couldn’t find it

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once you say something like that they can't talk to you anymore. It's like that at any company. You saying you will get attorneys involved elevates the conversation and companies don't want anyone talking at that point because if you talk, you can get dragged into court.
I see that crazy

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like there is no other way to get someone to listen. It’s really a simple fix if they could just communicate with the customer. My sole reason for buying this vehicle was to flat tow and that’s all I said to my sales people and they assured me I would have no problem because ford said so. So I took them at their word my fault I guess We live in a world where the truth is no longer important 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored