Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope so this is what I was told by service manager and it made me feel good to get some type of acknowledgment of any kind honestly and I thought initially it was 45 mins but after doing my own testing it timed out about 15 mins
Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I take credit for the false statement that the time out was 30 to 45 minutes. When I first started testing I was sure that was the timeout. Then when we got back from out trip the Bronco Off Rodeo in Austin it has been 14 to 15 minutes except for two times when it was like 4 to 5 minutes but when I did a reset it was back at 14 to 15. The short times were always went I would first start a test.

OP
OP

AZBronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasq , 22 McLaren GT, 20 Audi A8hybr,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not sure how long mine goes each time. What I do it cycle the door locks before big down grade and before entering into serious traffic. I find that my engine braking does about 90 percent of the work. The engine brake does not activate the AF1 as there is not change in air pressure.

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure how long mine goes each time. What I do it cycle the door locks before big down grade and before entering into serious traffic. I find that my engine braking does about 90 percent of the work. The engine brake does not activate the AF1 as there is not change in air pressure.
I hear that on the engine brake im more worried about putting the excessive wear on the tow bars and the event of break away and the reserve air in the af 1 not stopping in emergency

OP
OP

AZBronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed, those are also very serious issues. The ratio of pull to push on the tow bar certainly leans toward more pull than push. Keep in mind the app requires cell service so I would also keep the fob handy.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would you disconnect the battery when the flat towing procedure in the manual doesn’t require that step? I’m asking because I’m genuinely curious why you think that’s necessary.
Just a habit when using the ReadyBrake on another vehicle...I have a Spark as a tow car for my Sprinter, and on that car the battery has to be disconnected because if it isn't owners have reported that the brakes suddenly apply on their own (so Ford is not alone in unexpected flat tow issues that do not coincide with what the manual indicates is supposed to happen). As originally pointed out in this post, the EBB is already apparently an issue...so my thinking is if I can get a vehicle in the exact state I need it sans battery, there should technically be less change of an electronic issue. I am sure as time goes on someone will figure the unknowns out, but just looking to simplify if possible.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, those are also very serious issues. The ratio of pull to push on the tow bar certainly leans toward more pull than push. Keep in mind the app requires cell service so I would also keep the fob handy.
Fob in one hand, cell phone in the other and I’ll let the dog steer. That should be safe, right???:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a habit when using the ReadyBrake on another vehicle...I have a Spark as a tow car for my Sprinter, and on that car the battery has to be disconnected because if it isn't owners have reported that the brakes suddenly apply on their own (so Ford is not alone in unexpected flat tow issues that do not coincide with what the manual indicates is supposed to happen). As originally pointed out in this post, the EBB is already apparently an issue...so my thinking is if I can get a vehicle in the exact state I need it sans battery, there should technically be less change of an electronic issue. I am sure as time goes on someone will figure the unknowns out, but just looking to simplify if possible.
That makes sense of you want to start towing woth the EBB off, assuming it’ll stay in flat tow mode with the battery disconnected as you indicated in your earlier post.

OP
OP

AZBronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Suggest google F150 flat tow failure. I recall that it was suspected a few times that low battery caused it to remove itself from N. Hard to know if it was pilot error or actual low voltage.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That makes sense of you want to start towing woth the EBB off, assuming it’ll stay in flat tow mode with the battery disconnected as you indicated in your earlier post.
It is not intended for the system to lose battery power. By design a loss of power can re-engage the transfer case unexpectedly and cause abrupt mechanical failures. Officially Ford will never recommend disconnecting the battery when flat-tow operations are being performed. It’s explicitly stated to avoid doing this as well.

Sponsored

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell the battery management system that lol

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tell the battery management system that lol
The BMS and shutdown of EBB are not exactly related. BMS is more for intentionally live use systems like using your radio while the vehicle is off or generator failure while the vehicle is running. Not dismissing that there is an issue with the timeout delay for EBB just it’s not wholly tied together. As far as I’m aware there’s no load shed programming that would even intentionally take the EBB out of service.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The BMS and shutdown of EBB are not exactly related. BMS is more for intentionally live use systems like using your radio while the vehicle is off or generator failure while the vehicle is running. Not dismissing that there is an issue with the timeout delay for EBB just it’s not wholly tied together. As far as I’m aware there’s no load shed programming that would even intentionally take the EBB out of service.
As I learn more about what I know about this EBB issue I agree the ebb time out is not coming from the BMS. The EBB is in the same unit as the ABS so I'm thinking the shutdown timer is either in the ABS module are maybe there is a EBB module.

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either way the mapping in the system while in tow mode is incorrect when it comes to leaving critical systems running while in tow

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either way the mapping in the system while in tow mode is incorrect when it comes to leaving critical systems running while
Sponsored