Sponsored

Flat tow 2022 Outer Banks - what do I need?

Carmined

Outer Banks
First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Outer banks is finally scheduled to be built on 8/19. I bought a motorhome with a Roadmaster Falcon towbar a few years ago, this will be my first time flat towing with it, what do I need other than the tow bar to flat tow my 2022 Outer Banks? Wiring harnesses, etc. I also have a brake buddy vantage select with it.
Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Outer banks is finally scheduled to be built on 8/19. I bought a motorhome with a Roadmaster Falcon towbar a few years ago, this will be my first time flat towing with it, what do I need other than the tow bar to flat tow my 2022 Outer Banks? Wiring harnesses, etc. I also have a brake buddy vantage select with it.
Read this thread and if you still have questions post them.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/flat-tow-equipment-needed-to-flat-tow-the-2021-bronco.19759/
The most important thing is which engine are you getting, it makes a big difference in what equipment you will need?
Also which front bumper?

dj10024

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX SAS MIC 4dr, 1968 Bronco U15
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I flat tow my MY22 OBX 4dr 2.7 and did a MY21 Big Bend 4dr 2.3. I went with the WARN Elite winch bumper and use the D-Rings for attaching my tow bars.

You will need either a diode kit or now there are plug-n-play kits for the Bronco as well (did the plug-n-play on the MY22 and works great!).

For braking, if you have the 2.7, you already have an electric brake booster to assist. I'm a big fan of the Brake Buddy Stealth. It does come with an electric vacuum pump if you run the 2.3, but the 2.7, its a pretty simple install. Their are some ford service notes/TSB about the battery power-save features timing out the electric vacuum boost motor with some work arounds and a fix coming.

Jose_911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I flat tow my MY22 OBX 4dr 2.7 and did a MY21 Big Bend 4dr 2.3. I went with the WARN Elite winch bumper and use the D-Rings for attaching my tow bars.

You will need either a diode kit or now there are plug-n-play kits for the Bronco as well (did the plug-n-play on the MY22 and works great!).

For braking, if you have the 2.7, you already have an electric brake booster to assist. I'm a big fan of the Brake Buddy Stealth. It does come with an electric vacuum pump if you run the 2.3, but the 2.7, its a pretty simple install. Their are some ford service notes/TSB about the battery power-save features timing out the electric vacuum boost motor with some work arounds and a fix coming.
What did you do in regards to the system disabling the brakes after the 45 mins time line? I know there is a TSB that has you remove fuses but does that eliminate the 45 min time line or the brake completely?

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the 2.7 engine and following the TSB (which will keep the boost off until the fuses are put back in) you will not have any electric brake boost.
Your brake system must supply enough brake pedal pressure without any boost to cause some braking action at the wheels.
Still do not know what the Ford fix will be. Hope there will be a way to keep the electric boost on all the time. I have the Brake Buddy Stealth system on my Bronco and it needs the boost on to work properly.

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the 2.7 engine and following the TSB (which will keep the boost off until the fuses are put back in) you will not have any electric brake boost.
Your brake system must supply enough brake pedal pressure without any boost to cause some braking action at the wheels.
Still do not know what the Ford fix will be. Hope there will be a way to keep the electric boost on all the time. I have the Brake Buddy Stealth system on my Bronco and it needs the boost on to work properly.
This along with getting our Bronco sooner and that we have a Ranger with the 2.3 and it has plenty of power even when towing led us to opt out of the 2.7.
Brian
Sponsored