First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 SuperCrew Platinum, 2018 BMW X3 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone have information on when manufacturers such as Curt Manufacturing, BlueOx or others will have flat tow equipment package ready for the 2021/2022 Broncos? I intend on having the dealer install for me upon delivery.
Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Blue Ox said they are waiting on New Bronco to build a base plate.
My plan, until Ford saids no, is to use the D-ring shackles on the modular bumper.
The Bronco shackles are wider than normal, looks like 1 1/8" the best I could measure wiithout
touching. So again my plan in to open up the Blue Ox adapters which have a 1" opening to fit the Bronco.
I'm using a Brake Buddy Stealth braking system on my Jeep now. Which I really like.
Still studying the rear lights as the OBX has led tail lights.

OP
OP
PhillyGuy

PhillyGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 SuperCrew Platinum, 2018 BMW X3 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My plan, until Ford saids no, is to use the D-ring shackles on the modular bumper.
The Bronco shackles are wider than normal, looks like 1 1/8" the best I could measure wiithout
touching. So again my plan in to open up the Blue Ox adapters which have a 1" opening to fit the Bronco.
I'm using a Brake Buddy Stealth braking system on my Jeep now. Which I really like.
Thanks much! I've ordered my bronco with the modular bumper and was wondering if I can do the same and not install a base plate. I've seen Blue Ox parts for LED tail lights on the F150 so my hope is it's the same for the Bronco.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure BlueOx will have a tow bar end adapter to fit before we get them, they already have a 1.1" one for the standard 1" shackle (why Ford couldn't stick with the 1" standard I don't know). As for the lights I will wait to find out if diodes will work, if not I will just add a LED surface mount RTB light to the back, or if there is room in the OEM assembly add a plug in LED light & socket, several options.
Ford Bronco Flat Tow Equipment Availability? 81wQpNstruL._AC_SL1500_

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Blue Ox has a new 7/8" pin adapter the part number is BX88357 it has a deeper throat.

Ford Bronco Flat Tow Equipment Availability? BX88357

Last edited:

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blue Ox has a new 7/8" pin adapter the part number is BX88357 it has a throat.

Ford Bronco Flat Tow Equipment Availability? BX88357
But what is the clevis opening dimensions? I am not milling out and weakening the arms, just my luck they would let go and coverage denied due to unauthorized modification of safety equipment. :) I will wait for a Bronco specific adapter, it will be along soon.
Sponsored