Sponsored

Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco?

yourbudjim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Soft-top High Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Huntingbigun, I have finally come around to your solution as the only reasonable solution for Mod bumper without losing your recovery hooks. I am going with the JCR winch plate. You said it required oilite bushings for the winch plate recovery points to get them to 1 inch for the tow bar adapters. Any chance you give me the easy button for the bushings? What size, part # and installation efforts? I am researched out for the moment and time (to travel) is getting short. I would be grateful.
Adam,

I have been towing my Bronco using the MOD bumper with the Roadmaster 035-1 adapters for a year now with no issues. I am about to order the Rough Country winch mount so I can keep using the mod bumper shackle mounts for my towbar. Just another option...here's the link:

Winch Mount | Fits OE Modular Bumpers | Ford Bronco 4WD (2021-2023) | Rough Country

Jim
Sponsored

cmhrva

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So what is the latest on the braking issue with flat towing these? I was going to buy one last summer but went with a Wrangler instead, but now ready to dump the Wrangler, but not clear on if Ford resolved this yet? The Fuze pulling procedure seems like too much of a hassle. I am referring specifically to the 4 cylinder engine. thanks!

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3 uses a vacuum brake assist and doesn't have the issue.
2.7 uses EBB/electric brakes and you need to pull fuses to keep EBB off while towing.

Unknown exactly how Ford will provide a fix. EBB always off, option to turn it off, on during tow mode but must have battery charging from MH..

No idea on ETA and if it will be OTA or if you have to go in to a dealer for an update.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So what is the latest on the braking issue with flat towing these? I was going to buy one last summer but went with a Wrangler instead, but now ready to dump the Wrangler, but not clear on if Ford resolved this yet? The Fuze pulling procedure seems like too much of a hassle. I am referring specifically to the 4 cylinder engine. thanks!
2.3 is all good and will perform like your Wrangler or any vehicle with vacuum boost.

Sponsored

cmhrva

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2.3 is all good and will perform like your Wrangler or any vehicle with vacuum boost.
One last question, Full Time 4WD doesn’t matter either does it? Looking at a Sasquatch and wanted to be sure!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One last question, Full Time 4WD doesn’t matter either does it? Looking at a Sasquatch and wanted to be sure!
No it won't matter, both transfer case have a neutral tow setting. It is different than the Wrangler in that the transfercase is electrically shifted so you have to go through a wonky procedure using the settings button on the steering wheel. The Wrangler has a manual lever which is comforting because you can feel and actually test if neutral is engaged. With the Bronco you must trust that the electronic minions have done their job and believe the "Neutral Tow Engaged" notice.

cmhrva

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No it won't matter, both transfer case have a neutral tow setting. It is different than the Wrangler in that the transfercase is electrically shifted so you have to go through a wonky procedure using the settings button on the steering wheel. The Wrangler has a manual lever which is comforting because you can feel and actually test if neutral is engaged. With the Bronco you must trust that the electronic minions have done their job and believe the "Neutral Tow Engaged" notice.
Alright! Pulled the trigger on a Big Bend
Sasquatch! Thanks for the info

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright! Pulled the trigger on a Big Bend
Sasquatch! Thanks for the info

I've been flat towing my 4 cyl Badlands, works fine. I have an Air Force One aux brake kit and it works with the Bronco just like it did with the Jeep. One you get the hang of setting the tow mode, it's pretty simple.

Slacker93

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For anyone that has the RVI3 portable brake system do you need to install that bracket on the floor or does it work without? Also it seem like it would sit funny with that back 1/4 of the floor pan raised up 3/4". Does that cause an issue and did anyone come up with a system to make it sit more flat?

Sponsored

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RVI brake is 14% the site (used for toad vehicles); Valentine's day sale.

yourbudjim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Soft-top High Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anyone that has the RVI3 portable brake system do you need to install that bracket on the floor or does it work without? Also it seem like it would sit funny with that back 1/4 of the floor pan raised up 3/4". Does that cause an issue and did anyone come up with a system to make it sit more flat?
Mine seems to be working great without the bracket. I have a 4-door. Not sure if there's a difference on the 2-door.

Vezfly

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3 uses a vacuum brake assist and doesn't have the issue.
2.7 uses EBB/electric brakes and you need to pull fuses to keep EBB off while towing.

Unknown exactly how Ford will provide a fix. EBB always off, option to turn it off, on during tow mode but must have battery charging from MH..

No idea on ETA and if it will be OTA or if you have to go in to a dealer for an update.
Got an OTA update yesterday - I think this fixes the EBB issue

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lets hope so. Would be nice if a notification went out.
Sponsored