Sponsored

Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco?

Jmoffroad66

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is anyone using the Readybrake ready brute? If so what all was needed? I have the ready brute tow bar from our old wrangler
Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is anyone using the Readybrake ready brute? If so what all was needed? I have the ready brute tow bar from our old wrangler
Do a search for "ready brute" with the search function in the upper right side of the screen.

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have pictures in this thread somewhere, posted them back in November

Vezfly

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
soooooo has anyone successfully retained their OEM tow hooks and used a blueox or roadmaster adapter to flat tow???? Cant seem to find an answer and im tired of reading.
Yea roadmaster falcon hitch with roadmaster adapters (035-1). Works good

Vezfly

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI - just got off phone with technical support at FORD . Now they are saying the OTA update 22-1010 and the SSM are the same. Per Kaelynn at Ford

Sponsored

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI - just got off phone with technical support at FORD . Now they are saying the OTA update 22-1010 and the SSM are the same. Per Kaelynn at Ford
I can verify that I got the OTA update that gives you the brake warning when entering flat tow mode, and successfully towed about 6 hours with zero issues, WITHOUT pulling any fuses.

To note, I did not yet get the dealer installed ABS update, so it might be the exact same update as the OTA. Obviously YMMV on your own experience, but I feel good about no longer pulling fuses.

So much easier.

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RAMTOWIT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500 dually
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just FYI - I got the OTA update (22-1010) a few weeks ago. I already had a service appointment scheduled so I went to the dealer today and explained everything to them. They hooked up the tool and my 2022, Bronco did receive another update specific to the ABS. I haven't put it in Neutral Tow yet to test it. I am confident it did receive a secondary update. Thanks everyone for sharing your information.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A BIG THANK YOU to Brake Buddy ( Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation ). I have a Brake Buddy Stealth brake system which requires brake boost to operator correctly. I had a pretty good work around as long as I could reset the EBB and get boost back when I pressed the brakes in the motorhome. Well that when away with the Ford Fix.
I sent a sketch of an idea I had to increase the force on the brake pedal. An engineer at Brake Buddy sent me a picture of a pulley and bracket she had in her desk that looked very close to the sketch I sent them. She said she had it built some time ago better never tried it and she would send it to me along with a new cable. I installed it this weekend and did my normal in the garage test and it looks like it will definitely work, twice as much force on the brake pedal now.
Still waiting on a rebuild engine for our motorhome. Will report back once I can do an on the road test.
Original Install
Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? Orginal Install

After Modification.
Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? After Modification

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would ford have all these error messages show up when you put your vehicle into flat tow mode? I mean they WANT the power brakes disabled in tow mode. Therefore there is no error.

Sponsored

khudgi

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 CC / 2023 F350 CC LAR 4x4 PS 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FWIW, I attempted the Curt kit for the lighting and got fast blinking tail lights on the RV and the front of the bronco, nothing on the back. Before I messed up anything, I just went with the wireless lighting from Amazon, and they're working great!

Setup is:
TOAD: 2022 Bronco Badlands 2.7l Automatic
RV: 2019 Newmar Dutch Star Spartan Chassis
Towbar: Roadmaster Nighthawk All-terrain 8K RM-676
Modular Bumper Adapters: Roadmaster RM-035-1
Braking: Roadmaster Brakemaster RM-9160
Wireless lighting: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0936C6SCZ?

I did need to rework the factory air connectors on the Dutch Star to fit a 3/8" automotive pneumatic lines, which made me also need to change the (bus side) air hose connector. Works great. People that tell you you cannot use anything but the Air Force One are incorrect, other than the physical connection needed a trip to Lowes to marry them up.

With this setup I do not need to use the 7-way connector, so have a jackery trickle charging the battery on the drive.

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? After Modification
Can you post a pic of where you mounted the emergency breakaway cylinder under the hood for the air brakes?

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you post a pic of where you mounted the emergency breakaway cylinder under the hood for the air brakes?
Sure. Nothing fancy, but it fits well. Hope this helps.

PXL_20230323_025827083.jpg

PXL_20230323_025821062.jpg

khudgi

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 CC / 2023 F350 CC LAR 4x4 PS 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sure. Nothing fancy, but it fits well. Hope this helps.

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? PXL_20230323_025821062

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? PXL_20230323_025821062
Thanks that will help me with my install, I installed one on my F150 and now installing one on the Bronco also, the F150 had a little more room to place it.

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got my Bronco back from service. I had asked to make sure I had the newest ABS update, which they were able to apply, and I had already gotten the latest OTA a few weeks ago.

To note, I did flat tow about 8 hours total last week, after having gotten the OTA update (that gives the error massages when going into flat tow mode), but I hadn't gotten the ABS update until just now. I had no problems last week without pulling fuses.

I was told that there is ANOTHER UPDATE COMING, as the one we got earlier this month is not working correctly for all, and EBB may not be acting as intended for all. I asked about timing of this new update, and the response was that it might be OTA or might need to be applied by the service center, still unknown. They also said that they are hearing it will be available in about a month (whatever that means).

Wish it were better news. I have another trip planned for next week over mountain passes and about 20 hours of flat towing.

Vezfly

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got my Bronco back from service. I had asked to make sure I had the newest ABS update, which they were able to apply, and I had already gotten the latest OTA a few weeks ago.

To note, I did flat tow about 8 hours total last week, after having gotten the OTA update (that gives the error massages when going into flat tow mode), but I hadn't gotten the ABS update until just now. I had no problems last week without pulling fuses.

I was told that there is ANOTHER UPDATE COMING, as the one we got earlier this month is not working correctly for all, and EBB may not be acting as intended for all. I asked about timing of this new update, and the response was that it might be OTA or might need to be applied by the service center, still unknown. They also said that they are hearing it will be available in about a month (whatever that means).

Wish it were better news. I have another trip planned for next week over mountain passes and about 20 hours of flat towing.
Have the OTA , also have Air Force one. Should I plug the exhaust port as well?
Sponsored