First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After following the "flat tow" instructions to the letter and getting the "flat tow enabled" sign from our 2022 badlands, the transmission was destroyed to the tune of $10,000.00 as quoted by the ford tech. They have blamed me for the failure even though I followed fords instructions to the letter. I always received a "flat tow enabled" prompt on the dash board before the bronco was towed one foot. I had a fellow rv-er tell me a similar account just days before. [ i dismissed their claims because i had no issues until the failure]. If you know of any Bronco owner who had had a similar experience please contact me asap so i may formulate a course of action. maybe class-action.
Sponsored

Attachments

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tundra long travel prerunner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, i'm sorry to hear that. I'm curious to see what others have to say about this. I've been really tempted to flat tow behind my motorhome... but i've held off due to reading about this type of issue if not done properly. I'm assuming you told the dealership that you were flat towing the vehicle?

OP
OP
G6Bronco

G6Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
dealer knew prior to purchase our intent was to tow behind rv.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear it. I'm planning on outfitting for flat towing but haven't starting the work yet.

Did you run a charge line from your RV to the Bronco to charge the battery while underway? How many miles had you flat towed already?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After following the "flat tow" instructions to the letter and getting the "flat tow enabled" sign from our 2022 badlands, the transmission was destroyed to the tune of $10,000.00 as quoted by the ford tech. They have blamed me for the failure even though I followed fords instructions to the letter. I always received a "flat tow enabled" prompt on the dash board before the bronco was towed one foot. I had a fellow rv-er tell me a similar account just days before. [ i dismissed their claims because i had no issues until the failure]. If you know of any Bronco owner who had had a similar experience please contact me asap so i may formulate a course of action. maybe class-action.
Seems like @Ford Motor Company needs to step in and provide some help.

Sponsored
OP
OP
G6Bronco

G6Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran power from the rv directly to the blue ox tow pkg via the lights. i had already towed over 1800 miles prior to the failure using the same process for towing each time.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Class Action suit seems to be the only way to get FORD to act properly. Even then it is usually the warranty company you are dealing with. My wifes Edge has the 4cyl eng. It got an engine light and we turned it in and they said coolant had leaked into the engine requiring replacement. Turns out there was a class action suit already but they "forgot" to mention that part. Warranty company wanted ALL OUR MAINTENANCE records, despite all but one oil change had been completed by the dealership. I changed the oil and filter myself 2 years prior during COVID because the dealership was backed up for a month or more. Then they tried to tell me that the warranty required all maintenance (including oil changes) had to be completed by a certified technician. There was nothing in my paperwork that said that. And the maintenance dept who was telling me all this never once notified the owner or GM about this. I finally went and spoke to the GM and owner. It all got taken care of, new engine, but not without significant effort on my part. I have been a loyal FORD customer for over 40 years. Loyal customer here for over 20 years...four different vehicles including my Bronco. Once the man in charge got involved it all get rectified to our satisfaction. Don't leave it up to some service dept rep. But remember its the warranty company you are actually fighting with.

Phil B

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I heard third hand about a fellow who had this happen to his Bronco twice.

Bronc’n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did they determine you did it incorrectly? What actual proof do they have of that? How do they prove the transmission failure wasn’t from normal driving? Those transmissions have had failures without ever having the vehicle flat towed. It will be on the dealership and or Ford to prove that before denying warranty repair. A TSB won’t prove that. Has an FSE declined repair?

OP
OP
G6Bronco

G6Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
great points....all i was told by service dept was that I it was my fault for incorrect use of flat tow. you are correct in saying how would they know that. i would love to get ford involved. i dont know how to do that.

Sponsored

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watching this thread and wondering what I can do if I end up with a failure like this. Perhaps filming us putting it into neutral tow mode and showing the "neutral tow enabled" message? Would that be enough of a record to show that the bronco was in neutral tow if a failure like this occurs?

aknavy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had this happen, and the dealer covered it. Said they couldn't determine what caused it.

OP
OP
G6Bronco

G6Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watching this thread and wondering what I can do if I end up with a failure like this. Perhaps filming us putting it into neutral tow mode and showing the "neutral tow enabled" message? Would that be enough of a record to show that the bronco was in neutral tow if a failure like this occurs?
my dealer said it would not prove anything. They go by the messaging from the computer.

aknavy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
my dealer said it would not prove anything. They go by the messaging from the computer.
My dealer said that even though there were a bunch of codes when they diagnosed it, none of them were useful in determining if it was or was not put into neutral tow mode correctly. Ask for proof. I think Ford has an issue here, and flat towing these things is rolling the dice with horrible odds.
Sponsored