Flat Tow Wiring and Tow Hookup From the Factory?

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Likely a stretch, but when B&P is released with all the goodies that can be added to the Bronco from the factory, one really BIG item I want added is the lighting harness for flat towing behind an RV. The Jeep harness from (https://www.justforjeeps.com/jl-tow-vehicle-wiring-harness.html) cost $400+ and require instillation.

The big stretch would be to add the hitch receiver pins needed to hook up the tow bar in the B&P for the incoming flood of RVers who what to ditch the Jeep Wrangler for the Bronco - with a little hassle as possible.

Has anyone see any information about the lighting harness or interconnect for Bronco flat tow behind configurations?

Advertisement

JesseS

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Clubs

I am sure tow bar makers will have a swap out for the tow bar ends to make them compatible with the tow eyelets on the Bronco, no base plate needed as those connect to the frame. As for the lights I am also hoping for a Ford solution. I will be transferring the Invisible Brake from my current toad, that will be fun.......

*UPDATE* I just checked with Blue OX and they already have replaceable tow bar end adapters that will attach to the eyelets in the front tow attachments of the Bronco.

Last edited:
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I am sure tow bar makers will have a swap out for the tow bar ends to make them compatible with the tow eyelets on the Bronco, no base plate needed as those connect to the frame. As for the lights I am also hoping for a Ford solution. I will be transferring the Invisible Brake from my current toad, that will be fun.......

*UPDATE* I just checked with Blue OX and they already have replaceable tow bar end adapters that will attach to the eyelets in the front tow attachments of the Bronco.

Link?

JesseS

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Clubs

I sure hope so. Still nervous about the narrow separation and sway stability.
24" between hitch points is normal, I have towed many vehicles and never had a sway issue, on trailers, yes, but not a short wheelbase toad.

Advertisement

Advertisement