Sponsored

Flat Tow Wiring and Tow Hookup From the Factory?

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Likely a stretch, but when B&P is released with all the goodies that can be added to the Bronco from the factory, one really BIG item I want added is the lighting harness for flat towing behind an RV. The Jeep harness from (https://www.justforjeeps.com/jl-tow-vehicle-wiring-harness.html) cost $400+ and require instillation.

The big stretch would be to add the hitch receiver pins needed to hook up the tow bar in the B&P for the incoming flood of RVers who what to ditch the Jeep Wrangler for the Bronco - with a little hassle as possible.

Has anyone see any information about the lighting harness or interconnect for Bronco flat tow behind configurations?
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure tow bar makers will have a swap out for the tow bar ends to make them compatible with the tow eyelets on the Bronco, no base plate needed as those connect to the frame. As for the lights I am also hoping for a Ford solution. I will be transferring the Invisible Brake from my current toad, that will be fun.......

*UPDATE* I just checked with Blue OX and they already have replaceable tow bar end adapters that will attach to the eyelets in the front tow attachments of the Bronco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sure tow bar makers will have a swap out for the tow bar ends to make them compatible with the tow eyelets on the Bronco, no base plate needed as those connect to the frame. As for the lights I am also hoping for a Ford solution. I will be transferring the Invisible Brake from my current toad, that will be fun.......

*UPDATE* I just checked with Blue OX and they already have replaceable tow bar end adapters that will attach to the eyelets in the front tow attachments of the Bronco.

Link?

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope so. Still nervous about the narrow separation and sway stability.
24" between hitch points is normal, I have towed many vehicles and never had a sway issue, on trailers, yes, but not a short wheelbase toad.

BigIron

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350, 2015 JKU, 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Likely a stretch, but when B&P is released with all the goodies that can be added to the Bronco from the factory, one really BIG item I want added is the lighting harness for flat towing behind an RV. The Jeep harness from (https://www.justforjeeps.com/jl-tow-vehicle-wiring-harness.html) cost $400+ and require instillation.

The big stretch would be to add the hitch receiver pins needed to hook up the tow bar in the B&P for the incoming flood of RVers who what to ditch the Jeep Wrangler for the Bronco - with a little hassle as possible.

Has anyone see any information about the lighting harness or interconnect for Bronco flat tow behind configurations?
I am really hoping a similar harness will be available, I have a 2015 JK and that harness is great plug and play.
has anyone heard any updates on this?

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am really hoping a similar harness will be available, I have a 2015 JK and that harness is great plug and play.
has anyone heard any updates on this?
*crickets*

Bob Britton

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
200 Series Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following. Sure hoping this has been thought out by Ford. Would hate the thought of trying to tap into wiring for the lights. With that said, I tapped into my 2004 Wrangler wiring using diodes and have had no problems in 17 years of flat towing the Jeep thousands of miles.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A couple of points I'm working on . The D ring brackets are more than 1" wide looks like 1 1/8", will know for sure after the Tulsa Auto Show. Going in with my calipers in hand. Blue OX adapter have a 1" opening.
Probably have to use a smart diode set up for the brake and tail lights for the models that use led lights..

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A couple of points I'm working on . The D ring brackets are more than 1" wide looks like 1 1/8", will know for sure after the Tulsa Auto Show. Going in with my calipers in hand. Blue OX adapter have a 1" opening.
Probably have to use a smart diode set up for the brake and tail lights for the models that use led lights..
When is the Tulsa auto show
I sure would like to see for myself

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t be surprised if the harness for the ranger would be the same but if not they will have one soon.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wiring/Ford/Ranger/2021/RM-154.html?VehicleID=202189499

BigIron

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350, 2015 JKU, 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided