Sponsored

Flat Tow Wiring and Tow Hookup From the Factory?

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The link in the post from grtharris for the roadmaster adapters on Amazon work perfect with the modular front bumper. Mine just arrived and they are a perfect fit on the front shackle mounts and on my roadmaster falcon tow-bar. No need for the inner-ring spacer either, the pin is a perfect fit.

Amazon.com: Roadmaster 035-1 Tow Bar Adapter for 1 Inch Bumper Mounts - One Pair : Automotive
Wonder why Roadmaster adapters fit but BlueOx needs shaving? Seems odd to me...

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MrJoe, The Roadmaster have a 1.13" opening and the Blue Ox have a 1.05" opening.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a set of Blue Ox adapters opened to 1.18" I wanted a little room to add some teflon washers.
Just waiting to get my OBX back from the paint shop. Got a dent in the hood sometime before it got to the dealer, they have had it going on three weeks now. Had some paint defect in the paint job so had to redo it. This is almost as bad as waiting on the dirt pile release.

Sponsored

Rooster311

Everglades
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
MrJoe, The Roadmaster have a 1.13" opening and the Blue Ox have a 1.05" opening.
Any issue with fit/rubbing? I checked the factory d rings with my caliper tool last night and measured 1.12" myself. I made the mistake of taking manufacturer and installer shop advice that there was no clevis adapters that would fit and ultimately let them install the blue ox mod bumper kit BX2688 which required them removing my factory d-ring connectors and installing the blue ox connectors. If the Roadmaster attachments fit it would have save me quite a bit of money and left my bumper aesthetically unaffected. I would rather have them convert it back and I'll unfortunately have to eat the cost of the base plate now unless someone wanted to purchase.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any issue with fit/rubbing? I checked the factory d rings with my caliper tool last night and measured 1.12" myself. I made the mistake of taking manufacturer and installer shop advice that there was no clevis adapters that would fit and ultimately let them install the blue ox mod bumper kit BX2688 which required them removing my factory d-ring connectors and installing the blue ox connectors. If the Roadmaster attachments fit it would have save me quite a bit of money and left my bumper aesthetically unaffected. I would rather have them convert it back and I'll unfortunately have to eat the cost of the base plate now unless someone wanted to purchase.
Has long as the adapter don't bind I don't see a problem. It's nice to have a little play to help
when disconnecting.

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody have a video of how they are connecting the rear lights, I have the signature LED lights? Is there a reason to splice them in at the light instead of in the front under the dash? getting ready to order all the parts. Lots of good information on these threads. Thanks for everyones hard work.

cwik

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a set of Blue Ox adapters opened to 1.18" I wanted a little room to add some teflon washers.
Just waiting to get my OBX back from the paint shop. Got a dent in the hood sometime before it got to the dealer, they have had it going on three weeks now. Had some paint defect in the paint job so had to redo it. This is almost as bad as waiting on the dirt pile release.
What type of teflon washers do you use with the blue ox adapters?

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What type of teflon washers do you use with the blue ox adapters?
Cut them from some sheet teflon that I have.
Sponsored