Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco, Acura, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Flicka aka “My Friend Flicka” is a nod to one of my favorite movies as a kid and to all the cool trucks that I so badly wanted in the late 80’s. There was nothing cooler than a lifted truck with big tires, chrome and some KC lights. Only thing cooler was one with a 3 wheeler in the back, not quite gonna do that tho…. I‘ve had her for 2.5 weeks, here’s where I am so far………

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 2CE9230B-4643-48DF-ADB3-46A123C04757

She started out as a bucking Black Diamond Filly, no Sasquatch here…. She has a rowdy 2.3 liter 4 banger with a manual transmission. She is a blast to scoot around in!

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 9392D868-46BE-4A4C-AA2F-445CD587B9EE

The very next morning I had the top off ;)
Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels BB3F7D3E-FE83-496D-96B5-BB73DC94EE42

I quickly figured out that the sound was terrible, driving with the top off and no tunes wasn’t gonna work. I took her to the stereo shop on day 3. She got JL C2 components up front, JL C2 4 inch speakers on the roll bar, aJL 500 watt amp an LC converter and a kicker down fire 10“ sub (sub is temporary until I get my MTI tailgate box with a JL). She sounds absolutely amazing now!!!

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels E59830C0-2A58-48E6-952F-B02A79EC2B4D

My pup Ringo quickly figured out that riding with the top off was awesome but parking with the top off made super hot vinyl seats, ordered a Gear Shade top and fixed that problem

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels EF45509F-DFD2-460C-A755-E6D073BC1067

A non SAS bronco is nice but just not right for the build, I found suspension take offs from a 4 door 2.7 Badlands Sasquatch. I know it’s not the right engine or the right amount of doors but my thinking was that a bigger vehicle with a heavier motor should actually add some extra height and may even level the front out…..

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 78C59971-9A1E-4F0F-AA1F-B707C3B80C08

Time to give it a shot, more surgery for Flicka!!!

The Chop Shop in Dixon California is awesome, they let me help which made me super happy 😁

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 05BA5B8A-C5C0-47A2-9C02-404169C02212

LIFT ME BABY!

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 6B76CCB4-BC6E-4BC7-B84C-DAE7B1BD2D4B

If we’re gonna be higher we definitely need bigger tires. I knew she needed 35’s and I knew what wheels we were gonna get. The wheels proved difficult to find so I decided to go with 35’s on the stock steelies, these did require 1.5 inch spacers…

I loved the KO2’s on my 2020 Raptor so that’s what I went with. Was tempted to go with the MT Baja Boss…. maybe next time….

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 274FEB10-F73B-4F9C-9FAC-0A275E32B663

She rolled out looking pretty Sassy!!

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 5040C11E-F5E1-41F6-98E1-188045FB91F0
Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 683DDBE9-5604-4AAC-9A17-7B997ED8ADA6

She looks awesome but has some rather obvious positive camber, hopefully they can straighten her out….

Oh, I also added a 3rd brake light extension, it was 20 bucks on Amazon. I picked it because it was the only one I could get overnight.

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 5E1BD9FB-0B5D-467A-AA4F-6936C95181D3

With the wider stance Flicka needed some bigger flares, I was able to find some SAS take off flares on Facebook market. I wasn’t sure about them at first since I kinda liked the look of a little poke…

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 160B843C-9C86-4CE1-A604-698EADF4CAF3

Camber is still positive, I ordered Icon Billet UCA’s since the dealer and a lift shop couldn’t get the alignment in spec. Problem is they’re 14 weeks out! At this point I’m pretty worried that she looks cool but rides like shit…… should I just pull everything off!!! Oh well, I have a week till I’m taking her on a trail run……….

I finally found Flicka’s permanent new shoes, they came from 3 different America’s Tire stores, the boxes didn’t match and a few had already been mounted but the AR172 Baja in 17x8 with 0 offset are hard to find….

The guys at the West Sacramento America’s Tire stayed late to get these put on, they used every tire machine at the same time to get it done faster😂 They even let me help a little!!

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 679E7487-F537-4CE8-90AE-41AAA10FE6B4

She looks awesome in her new shoes, chubby little 80’s me is in love ❤
Oh, those SAS flares look great now btw, just a little poke 😉

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 67F7179B-661E-4CD6-830C-229D00BD806F
Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 81BD9D56-BACF-4810-BA16-46137D90F633

The alignment issues have been solved , yay!! found a shop, that is actually ran by a good friend of mines brother, with one hell of an alignment guy…… If your in Nor Cal and lifting your truck do yourself a favor and go to Red Label Diesel in Vacaville. Flicka is finally sitting right on her new shoes with all alignment specs perfectly in the green. She now drives as good as she looks!!!

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 9488B0CD-B2B8-4701-B2ED-978E908B479A

The future mods are Hamer Built tailgate reinforcement, KC Hilites, a winch, some more lights, MTI tailgate sub box, Blue stripes (likely 3 bar high from underground graphics), manual sway bar disconnects, Whipple inter cooler and intake, whipple tune (if it ever comes out for the 2.3), exhaust (haven’t decided on which one) upgraded front axle with locker…. By the time I get this all done my Bronco Raptor should arrive 🤞
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Flicka aka “My Friend Flicka” is a nod to one of my favorite movies as a kid and to all the cool trucks that I so badly wanted in the late 80’s. There was nothing cooler than a lifted truck with big tires, chrome and some KC lights. Only thing cooler was one with a 3 wheeler in the back, not quite gonna do that tho…. I‘ve had her for 2.5 weeks, here’s where I am so far………

Ford Bronco Flicka, the 2 Door Iconic Silver Bronco on polished revolver mags wheels 9488B0CD-B2B8-4701-B2ED-978E908B479A

She started out as a bucking Black Diamond Filly, no Sasquatch here…. She has a rowdy 2.3 liter 4 banger with a manual transmission. She is a blast to scoot around in!

The very next morning I had the top off ;)

I quickly figured out that the sound was terrible, driving with the top off and no tunes wasn’t gonna work. I took her to the stereo shop on day 3. She got JL C2 components up front, JL C2 4 inch speakers on the roll bar, aJL 500 watt amp an LC converter and a kicker down fire 10“ sub (sub is temporary until I get my MTI tailgate box with a JL). She sounds absolutely amazing now!!!

My pup Ringo quickly figured out that riding with the top off was awesome but parking with the top off made super hot vinyl seats, ordered a Gear Shade top and fixed that problem

A non SAS bronco is nice but just not right for the build, I found suspension take offs from a 4 door 2.7 Badlands Sasquatch. I know it’s not the right engine or the right amount of doors but my thinking was that a bigger vehicle with a heavier motor should actually add some extra height and may even level the front out…..

Time to give it a shot, more surgery for Flicka!!!

The Chop Shop in Dixon California is awesome, they let me help which made me super happy 😁

LIFT ME BABY!

If we’re gonna be higher we definitely need bigger tires. I knew she needed 35’s and I knew what wheels we were gonna get. The wheels proved difficult to find so I decided to go with 35’s on the stock steelies, these did require 1.5 inch spacers…

I loved the KO2’s on my 2020 Raptor so that’s what I went with. Was tempted to go with the MT Baja Boss…. maybe next time….

She rolled out looking pretty Sassy!!

She looks awesome but has some rather obvious positive camber, hopefully they can straighten her out….

Oh, I also added a 3rd brake light extension, it was 20 bucks on Amazon. I picked it because it was the only one I could get overnight.

With the wider stance Flicka needed some bigger flares, I was able to find some SAS take off flares on Facebook market. I wasn’t sure about them at first since I kinda liked the look of a little poke…

Camber is still positive, I ordered Icon Billet UCA’s since the dealer and a lift shop couldn’t get the alignment in spec. Problem is they’re 14 weeks out! At this point I’m pretty worried that she looks cool but rides like shit…… should I just pull everything off!!! Oh well, I have a week till I’m taking her on a trail run……….

I finally found Flicka’s permanent new shoes, they came from 3 different America’s Tire stores, the boxes didn’t match and a few had already been mounted but the AR172 Baja in 17x8 with 0 offset are hard to find….

The guys at the West Sacramento America’s Tire stayed late to get these put on, they used every tire machine at the same time to get it done faster😂 They even let me help a little!!

She looks awesome in her new shoes, chubby little 80’s me is in love ❤
Oh, those SAS flares look great now btw, just a little poke 😉

The alignment issues have been solved , yay!! found a shop, that is actually ran by a good friend of mines brother, with one hell of an alignment guy…… If your in Nor Cal and lifting your truck do yourself a favor and go to Red Label Diesel in Vacaville. Flicka is finally sitting right on her new shoes with all alignment specs perfectly in the green. She now drives as good as she looks!!!

The future mods are Hamer Built tailgate reinforcement, KC Hilites, a winch, some more lights, MTI tailgate sub box, Blue stripes (likely 3 bar high from underground graphics), manual sway bar disconnects, Whipple inter cooler and intake, whipple tune (if it ever comes out for the 2.3), exhaust (haven’t decided on which one) upgraded front axle with locker…. By the time I get this all done my Bronco Raptor should arrive 🤞
Looks amazing! Very Retro! I also like how your tires pole out the fenders just a little bit but not 6 inches like other guys.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You did this one right! Love the silver with the polished wheels. Only suggestion would be a chrome Bronco Script and a grill with the original Ford letters in blue - someone on here did a modified grill to include Ford letters (new font) but your ride would look even more retro with the proper old Ford letters. Maybe paint the grill flat black to show those letters off, or even argent silver like the originals? anyway, terrific job!

OP
OP
My Friend Flicka

My Friend Flicka

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks amazing! Very Retro! I also like how your tires pole out the fenders just a little bit but not 6 inches like other guys.
Thank you!!! I don’t like the tires sticking out super far either, save that for the diesel Chevy’s on 24” American Forces…

OP
OP
My Friend Flicka

My Friend Flicka

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You did this one right! Love the silver with the polished wheels. Only suggestion would be a chrome Bronco Script and a grill with the original Ford letters in blue - someone on here did a modified grill to include Ford letters (new font) but your ride would look even more retro with the proper old Ford letters. Maybe paint the grill flat black to show those letters off, or even argent silver like the originals? anyway, terrific job!
Thank you!!!
Great ideas, may just take some of those…..

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for your write up and photos. To me you have a two door score, not every one wants or needs a four door. If your Raptor is a four door your good to go. I,m in my 60s and think the look with rims, tires and lift look very cool. You should post this on the two door thread.

OP
OP
My Friend Flicka

My Friend Flicka

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for your write up and photos. To me you have a two door score, not every one wants or needs a four door. If your Raptor is a four door your good to go. I,m in my 60s and think the look with rims, tires and lift look very cool. You should post this on the two door thread.
Thanks, I’m really happy with her so far and it’s been a lot of fun, honestly I love the look of the 2 doors!! I’m hoping to keep this one and the Raptor Bronco, maybe my wife will give in and drive a Ford 😂…..

OP
OP
My Friend Flicka

My Friend Flicka

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't understand why the bulletholes aren't more popular. Classic look.
I know, they look awesome!!!
These ones were super hard to find, it might be that they are in short supply. Most of these I came across had some pretty severe negative offset which would have stuck out way too far…..

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

great looking rig!

Sponsored
OP
OP
My Friend Flicka

My Friend Flicka

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That suspension looks great! I'm stoked it came out the way it did; the wheels really look awesome!
Thanks Chris, thanks for hooking it up, could’ve never happened without you getting your bad ass lift!! I think it was super important to have everything and not just the coil overs. She rides amazing!!!!

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Super classy build. Congrats!