Flimsy doors and other observations

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Attended the Bronco event at Ditschman Ford in NJ. I know these are pre production vehicles, but the doors seemed a bit weak - no door checks to keep them from overextending. Seems like it wouldn't take much to force them past the stop and cause damage. Thinking real strong wind gust, or bracing yourself against the door if you are parked on ice.

The grab handle on the center console was already loose too.

Not canceling my orders though!
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Attended the Bronco event at Ditschman Ford in NJ. I know these are pre production vehicles, but the doors seemed a bit weak - no door checks to keep them from overextending. Seems like it wouldn't take much to force them past the stop and cause damage. Thinking real strong wind gust, or bracing yourself against the door if you are parked on ice.

The doors are a trade off... but they have to be easy to get on and off, and that means light.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where they bolted in?

The hinges include door stops that should have held the door at various positions *and* prevented over extension.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Removable doors ARE weak.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seemed well made to me. Flimsy would imply that you could twist them. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

It doesn't take much force on any vehicle door to case damage , you know the laws of physics and that give me a lever and I'll move the world thing. This is why I cringe when someone swings the door open against the stop -- you can see it flex the pillar. That said the Bronco with easy removable doors probably has some compromises. The 4-door is a big advantage in this area shorter and lighter doors. It is not uncommon on classic 2-door sedans with doors a mile long to sag.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hope it's a little better than my current ride...
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations ww4
I believe the doors are aluminum, pretty light.

And yes this vehicle is pretty tough. Probably not gonna dent like the Bronco.

sapper726

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly, I thought the doors felt pretty well built for what they are. Was expecting light and cheap but felt stronger than I expected. I guess it all depends on where your expectations are at before seeing them in person.
Sponsored