First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up a door. I decided right then and there I am never removing mine without some assistance. Thank goodness I will only have two doors. I believe the removing of the doors will be a passing fancy for me anyway.
This ☝, I picked one up already in its bag from a 4 door and my first thought was Damn being 65 sucks 😆
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

‘so what stays is it illegal to have no doors on? so the states you couldnt drive a motorcycle by that logic
I said it's "not" illegal.

However, keeping with your logic, which one must be careful with, you can't drive a car in many states where the tires are uncovered, but motorcycles do this all the time. At the same time, motorcycles are a different class of vehicle which is why driving one requires a different license or class authorization.

What I am not sure on is if I took the doors off of my 440i would I be doing something illegal or not? I'm not sure, but am sure that the Bronco was made to be driven with no doors if desired. Off road was the purpose of this application, but I've seen jeeps with no doors on the highway and they have no side mirrors which I also thought you couldn't do.

Who knows? Or maybe cops just have more important stuff to do.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve wonder about the door getting blown open and wondered if the glass may hit the mirrors. 3 weeks still before I get to see one in person.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was there as well. Wish they had a 2 door...
Here's my swag from the visit.
Bronco Swag2.jpg
Bronco Swag1.jpg
got bored during christmas took gfs angel cutter and bent up a bronco they went quick the 4dr ones burned.
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations Screenshot_20210428-191058_Gallery
Ford Bronco Flimsy doors and other observations 20201220_165312

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who knows? Or maybe cops just have more important stuff to do.
I'm a cop. I have much more important things to do than hassle a Jeep owner over lack of mirrors. I'd never be able to post on here if I pulled people over for dumb shit like that.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

‘so what stays is it illegal to have no doors on? so the states you couldnt drive a motorcycle by that logic
PA and WA for starters. Probably others.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not illegal to drive up and down the streets and highways here in Georgia with no doors.

A car's roof is also a safety feature under most circumstances, but a convertible is a thing. Is it as safe as when the roof is solid? Likely not, but it passes crash tests either way.

I'm sure the Bronco met crash standards with or without the doors or even with the flimsy doors is the only point I was making. Doors increase your safety.
Well it is illegal here. But legality was not the subject, the subject was safety. The stickers are there because it won't pass without doors and Ford is covering their ass. And if it won't pass with donut doors it won't fare better with no doors at all.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a cop. I have much more important things to do than hassle a Jeep owner over lack of mirrors. I'd never be able to post on here if I pulled people over for dumb shit like that.
To bad your not in San Diego abe then I wouldn't have to worry about getting a fix-it ticket from you for no front license plate 😉

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To bad your not in San Diego abe then I wouldn't have to worry about getting a fix-it ticket from you for no front license plate 😉
Well wait a minute, you still have the rear plate, right? 😂

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attended the Bronco event at Ditschman Ford in NJ. I know these are pre production vehicles, but the doors seemed a bit weak - no door checks to keep them from overextending. Seems like it wouldn't take much to force them past the stop and cause damage. Thinking real strong wind gust, or bracing yourself against the door if you are parked on ice.

The grab handle on the center console was already loose too.

Not canceling my orders though!
I got to ride in a lux, non-sas badlands with a pro driver at super cel east. I drive a trail teams edition FJ and the interior size is about the same. The doors felt great and shut solid, no Jeep-like tinny sounding doors. All grab handles were tight and solid. That thing was a beast! I’m 100% sold on my lux, sas badlands order. I hope you get to take a challenging off-road test drive/ride before you buy.
Sponsored