Threads
Reaction score
Website
stahlfirepit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I installed the Flowmaster Outlaw series Axleback. I was in the market for an exhaust and for $130 I had to try it. The videos online (including my own) sound good but in person it is so much better. I am recording using an iPhone so it is only so good at getting accurate audio. I will say that for getting bolts in the frame for the hanger, I recommend using a magnet To fish the bolts in place. Otherwise it might be better to remove the bumper.

Overall the initial start and idle is very cool and there is a bit of a rumble which took me a little by surprise. Flooring it… it is a v6 and there is no way around that but, I like the sound much more than stock. It is certainly much louder outside the vehicle as well. Almost sounds like the Bronco raptor in Baja mode to me. As for the power gains… maybe but I don’t know if my butt dyno can tell a difference of 15hp. I know I want to step on the gas more to hear the exhaust so maybe that is a contribution to the possible improved feel. I like the exhaust and for a bargain price, it is worth it to me. I know there are many who won’t like it but that’s fine too. Overall, I recommend the exhaust for those looking to invest minimal for a great looking and in my opinion great sounding exhaust.

I wonder what is sounds like with no muffler at all? That short pipe can't be doing much. Im a wrong?

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder what is sounds like with no muffler at all? That short pipe can't be doing much. Im a wrong?
Thats why I suggest if you want to hear it in person to just remove/disconnect the muffler. The pipe gives it a finished look and probably a little more support.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Today I installed the Flowmaster Outlaw series Axleback. I was in the market for an exhaust and for $130 I had to try it. The videos online (including my own) sound good but in person it is so much better. I am recording using an iPhone so it is only so good at getting accurate audio. I will say that for getting bolts in the frame for the hanger, I recommend using a magnet To fish the bolts in place. Otherwise it might be better to remove the bumper.

Overall the initial start and idle is very cool and there is a bit of a rumble which took me a little by surprise. Flooring it… it is a v6 and there is no way around that but, I like the sound much more than stock. It is certainly much louder outside the vehicle as well. Almost sounds like the Bronco raptor in Baja mode to me. As for the power gains… maybe but I don’t know if my butt dyno can tell a difference of 15hp. I know I want to step on the gas more to hear the exhaust so maybe that is a contribution to the possible improved feel. I like the exhaust and for a bargain price, it is worth it to me. I know there are many who won’t like it but that’s fine too. Overall, I recommend the exhaust for those looking to invest minimal for a great looking and in my opinion great sounding exhaust.

Sounds good for the money you can’t beat it

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sounds like those YouTubes videos where they put shaving cream in the exhaust pipe then stretch a balloon over the end and cut it. hahaha

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took off the MRT King of the Hill axle back dual Black Ops tips. The drone inside the cabin at highway speeds and accerleration was unbearable. No muffler on this system either. Sounds nice and aggressive on start-up, tho.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axleback installed on 2.7 Bronco [Video Sound Clip] 3015-22789_1

AWE, I like but wife would notice the $945 charge on the visa…
Ford Bronco Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axleback installed on 2.7 Bronco [Video Sound Clip] 1649158588762

But for $130 maybe…

sounds raspy, does it drone at highway speed?

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took off the MRT King of the Hill axle back dual Black Ops tips. The drone inside the cabin at highway speeds and accerleration was unbearable. No muffler on this system either. Sounds nice and aggressive on start-up, tho.
sounds raspy, does it drone at highway speed?
I have a soft top so not sure if that makes a big difference but there is wind noise at highway speeds about 74mph is where I like to stay. The exhaust is as loud as the wind noise. I can hear it and I know it is the exhaust but I can have a conversation and the music drowns it out. If you accelerate, then it is loud.

Is it the perfect exhaust? No. Are you going to sound like a v8? Definitely not. For $130 I find it is a big improvement over stock. If you don't like it, you can easily switch and sell it.

jessgut12

Outer Banks
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed this as well - love the new sound and I may take it a bit further and play with the kitten a bit! haha I want turbo whistle spool

Sponsored

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Goodness does that sound horrible…sounds like a ‘93 Honda I had when it lost the muffler.

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goodness does that sound horrible…sounds like a ‘93 Honda I had when it lost the muffler.
lol some people like it, some people don't 🤷‍♂️. I will say it is better in person and definitely doesn't sound like a Honda

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed mine today. Very easy to install if you have an exhaust hanger tool. You will want a magnet to help fish the bolts through the frame. Took about 20 minutes total to remove the stock exhaust and install this.

It sounds much better to me at startup, but the verdict is still out on whether I like it while driving. I need to spend more time with it.
Sponsored