Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I installed the Flowmaster Outlaw series Axleback. I was in the market for an exhaust and for $130 I had to try it. The videos online (including my own) sound good but in person it is so much better. I am recording using an iPhone so it is only so good at getting accurate audio. I will say that for getting bolts in the frame for the hanger, I recommend using a magnet To fish the bolts in place. Otherwise it might be better to remove the bumper.

Overall the initial start and idle is very cool and there is a bit of a rumble which took me a little by surprise. Flooring itā€¦ it is a v6 and there is no way around that but, I like the sound much more than stock. It is certainly much louder outside the vehicle as well. Almost sounds like the Bronco raptor in Baja mode to me. As for the power gainsā€¦ maybe but I donā€™t know if my butt dyno can tell a difference of 15hp. I know I want to step on the gas more to hear the exhaust so maybe that is a contribution to the possible improved feel. I like the exhaust and for a bargain price, it is worth it to me. I know there are many who wonā€™t like it but thatā€™s fine too. Overall, I recommend the exhaust for those looking to invest minimal for a great looking and in my opinion great sounding exhaust.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Did you have to weld anything to install it?

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the cat back would be worth the extra price? I was looking at these when they were posted a few days ago and am very interested especially if I can get that Raptor sound.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From what Iā€™m reading the outlaw is basically straight pipes. So 130$ is right on. The cat back seems overpriced.

Sponsored

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m not understanding the axle-back. When I go to the link, itā€™s just a pipe. Is the a muffler that I need to buy to go with it? How does a pipe change the sound?

OP
OP
killaz05

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not understanding the axle-back. When I go to the link, itā€™s just a pipe. Is the a muffler that I need to buy to go with it? How does a pipe change the sound?
Its a straight pipe system, no muffler

Sherpa11

Raptor
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 bronco, 2021 first edition, 2023 bronco raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i can hear it on camera, but in person how much louder would you say it is than the stock? i know its subjective but your opinion atleast? thanks

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Today I installed the Flowmaster Outlaw series Axleback. I was in the market for an exhaust and for $130 I had to try it. The videos online (including my own) sound good but in person it is so much better. I am recording using an iPhone so it is only so good at getting accurate audio. I will say that for getting bolts in the frame for the hanger, I recommend using a magnet To fish the bolts in place. Otherwise it might be better to remove the bumper.

Overall the initial start and idle is very cool and there is a bit of a rumble which took me a little by surprise. Flooring itā€¦ it is a v6 and there is no way around that but, I like the sound much more than stock. It is certainly much louder outside the vehicle as well. Almost sounds like the Bronco raptor in Baja mode to me. As for the power gainsā€¦ maybe but I donā€™t know if my butt dyno can tell a difference of 15hp. I know I want to step on the gas more to hear the exhaust so maybe that is a contribution to the possible improved feel. I like the exhaust and for a bargain price, it is worth it to me. I know there are many who wonā€™t like it but thatā€™s fine too. Overall, I recommend the exhaust for those looking to invest minimal for a great looking and in my opinion great sounding exhaust.

Nice touch with the leaf blowing on the driveway; you can tidy the yard with it too!

Now, would you please temporarily swap in a 2.3L so we can know how the 4cyl sounds?

@Holley Performance Co. leaving us hanging...I don't want to sound like the local drift nuts!
Sponsored