Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have had this vehicle for a little over one week. Decided to have Fluid Film professionally applied to the entire undercarriage. I want to protect it from salted winter roads in Ohio.

The shop had just recently had a base program Bronco in so they were familiar with the different nooks and crannies. They advised applying into the doors, especially since there were openings already. Raptor has additional openings at the bottom of the doors. I was glad no drilling was needed.

The smell is definitely strange, but not bad. They said it usually last a few days then goes away. Did not drip much in the garage. But it is still slowly seeping from the door drains.

From here on out, they will just apply the Fluid Film once a year, wherever it needs reapplied.
It is a good feeling knowing that the vehicle is much better protected now. It is currently my daily driver.

Ford Bronco Fluid Film Corrosion Protection Applied to Bronco Raptor Undercarriage / Underbody E2B6FFD6-54AB-4A79-8E3C-23355A687D80

Ford Bronco Fluid Film Corrosion Protection Applied to Bronco Raptor Undercarriage / Underbody F1A2DECE-054F-401A-9719-56075BC2B36F
Ford Bronco Fluid Film Corrosion Protection Applied to Bronco Raptor Undercarriage / Underbody C09EDF82-F5C2-411A-815E-F0491453AEAD
Ford Bronco Fluid Film Corrosion Protection Applied to Bronco Raptor Undercarriage / Underbody 150DF10A-7398-4847-9406-527C31705CE1
Ford Bronco Fluid Film Corrosion Protection Applied to Bronco Raptor Undercarriage / Underbody BE4E4BA5-233D-416F-9838-CF7C4BC68C5C

Ford Bronco Fluid Film Corrosion Protection Applied to Bronco Raptor Undercarriage / Underbody AC4626C0-65F6-4419-91FF-944878CD5D9B

Sponsored

Last edited:

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the information can you share the place and cost.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don’t be worried if it takes a week or two for the smell to fade. Depending how heavy it’s on and if it got on any exhaust. I probably went a little heavy on my superduty and it took three weeks or better To stop smelling.

OP
OP
Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It was $400 for everything: Undercarriage, Engine Bay, 5 Doors, etc.
They ended up applying 3.5 gallons.

Crank's Automotive in Lakeville Ohio.
Thanks for the information can you share the place and cost.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was $400 for everything: Undercarriage, Engine Bay, 5 Doors, etc.
They ended up applying 3.5 gallons.

Crank's Automotive in Lakeville Ohio.
I used to get someone to do fluid film on my Super Duty every year around thanksgiving. Works really well, it can soften some underbody frame paint so over the course of 5 years you might see some small bits of that flake off, but better that then rust.

Glad to see you're planning to use it in the winter!

I will say $400 is a bit steep, it's been 5 years or so since I've lived up north but I think the most I every paid on a super duty was $150. Also, yeah it'll probably smell for at least a week

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely going to be a lot more than a few days for the smell to leave. Almost has a BO kind of smell. You will also notice next summer it comes back when the temps go up. Mine even dripped in the heat a little. Not a bad thing as that to me means it is creeping into the seams but just something to be aware of. The FF also will swell rubber no matter what they tell you. I have very thin wind seals on my doors (not a Bronco) and they became wavy due to the expansion.

If they ever build my Bronco, I may give NHOU a try this time around.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yuck, sorry you have to put that goop on where you live but big kudos for daily driving that beast!

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have had this vehicle for a little over one week. Decided to have Fluid Film professionally applied to the entire undercarriage. I want to protect it from salted winter roads in Ohio.

The shop had just recently had a base program Bronco in so they were familiar with the different nooks and crannies. They advised applying into the doors, especially since there were openings already. Raptor has additional openings at the bottom of the doors. I was glad no drilling was needed.

The smell is definitely strange, but not bad. They said it usually last a few days then goes away. Did not drip much in the garage. But it is still slowly seeping from the door drains.

From here on out, they will just apply the Fluid Film once a year, wherever it needs reapplied.
It is a good feeling knowing that the vehicle is much better protected now. It is currently my daily driver.

Ford Bronco Fluid Film Corrosion Protection Applied to Bronco Raptor Undercarriage / Underbody IMG_6410.MOV

Ford Bronco Fluid Film Corrosion Protection Applied to Bronco Raptor Undercarriage / Underbody IMG_6410.MOV

Very neat!

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve done it on my long gone Jeep, used the 1 gallon kit that connects to a compressor. Going to do the Bronco but as in the past I will take my time avoiding the rubber parts. Also will avoid over spraying the rear as there was another member who had an issue with the gas tank and it’s sensors after application.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Going with this instead when my Raptor arrives. He’s also local in Northeast Ohio.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine done at Hilliard Detailing Garage on the west side of Columbus. $180 and they did everything you can see from the bottom up, after an undercarriage wash and dry. Probably not as thorough as yours @CactusJack but I feel better my Boldly Go isn’t naked like last winter.
Ford Bronco Fluid Film Corrosion Protection Applied to Bronco Raptor Undercarriage / Underbody E0E5F183-4C83-4A64-A8FE-E93AA5249D80

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the DYI person I highly suggest avoid getting FF over anything that heats up, will smoke like crazy. Did that once with it and and never again.

However Fluid Film is great but not the best for a few reasons. There was another thread not long ago about some other products. Will try to find and and post it here.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No thanks. Did it one year. Its a huge mess. Not to mention total dirt magnet underside. Youll see,lol

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going with this instead when my Raptor arrives. He’s also local in Northeast Ohio.

What exactly did they apply? I read the site and it says dry ice blasting to clean, but nothing about protective film or anything? I'm in NE Ohio as well, looking to get something to protect the under body before the heavy salt is laid down.
Sponsored