Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have had this vehicle for a little over one week. Decided to have Fluid Film professionally applied to the entire undercarriage. I want to protect it from salted winter roads in Ohio.

The shop had just recently had a base program Bronco in so they were familiar with the different nooks and crannies. They advised applying into the doors, especially since there were openings already. Raptor has additional openings at the bottom of the doors. I was glad no drilling was needed.

The smell is definitely strange, but not bad. They said it usually last a few days then goes away. Did not drip much in the garage. But it is still slowly seeping from the door drains.

From here on out, they will just apply the Fluid Film once a year, wherever it needs reapplied.
It is a good feeling knowing that the vehicle is much better protected now. It is currently my daily driver.

E2B6FFD6-54AB-4A79-8E3C-23355A687D80.jpeg

F1A2DECE-054F-401A-9719-56075BC2B36F.jpeg
C09EDF82-F5C2-411A-815E-F0491453AEAD.jpeg
150DF10A-7398-4847-9406-527C31705CE1.jpeg
BE4E4BA5-233D-416F-9838-CF7C4BC68C5C.jpeg

AC4626C0-65F6-4419-91FF-944878CD5D9B.jpeg

Did this in my old 4Runner every year I had it. Did my Bronco for the first time this year and will continue it yearly as well.
Sponsored

Green Machine

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 modified
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had Waxoyl applied at the dealer when ours was delivered. We use too much salt here in VT.

I use fluid film on my plow equipment and it saves a lot of headaches. Only reason I did the waxoyl is because it’s a longer lasting application.

only “down side “ is its black and they covered all the fun unique parts lol.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the DYI person I highly suggest avoid getting FF over anything that heats up, will smoke like crazy. Did that once with it and and never again.

However Fluid Film is great but not the best for a few reasons. There was another thread not long ago about some other products. Will try to find and and post it here.

Here’s one video I’ve watched a few times. There’s anotherYouTube video i found in a thread on this forum awhile ago. If i find that one, I’ll link it here too.

edit: i found it.

Last edited:

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What is it? Nothing there???
What exactly did they apply? I read the site and it says dry ice blasting to clean, but nothing about protective film or anything? I'm in NE Ohio as well, looking to get something to protect the under body before the heavy salt is laid down.
It is a CRC type product. It goes on very thin so almost looks like nothing there but once it dries it’s the best type protection IMO. Not to mention I only need to worry about doing it once. Not like having to apply fluid film over and over, or worry about it washing off leaving areas exposed. It also doesn’t attract dirt.

Im guessing the website hasn’t been updated yet but it is a service he offers and I have spoke with him after he did the Braptor in the post.

The only downside is that it is much more expensive than fluid film hence why I’m guessing most don’t go with it. The Braptor will be my winter vehicle so I intend to have it protected correctly the first time.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had Waxoyl applied at the dealer when ours was delivered. We use too much salt here in VT.

I use fluid film on my plow equipment and it saves a lot of headaches. Only reason I did the waxoyl is because it’s a longer lasting application.

only “down side “ is its black and they covered all the fun unique parts lol.
I had Waxoyl professionally applied to my LR Disco II while I was stationed in Rhode Island. They first used the Waxoyl 120-4 (clear in color) fogged under pressure with wands into the Rover’s undercarriage seams and into the door panels. Then they applied the hard wax (black in color) on the chassis metal. I’m not familiar with Fluid Film but Waxoyl 120-4 is wax-based, onetime permanent corrosion protection. With abrasion and wear, they do recommend a touch-up every 4-6 years. Have to say it remained compliant and effective even after I was restationed to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland. It was there I experienced their highway department’s use of brine salt spray during winter commuting. Great at melting ice but nasty stuff getting into the nooks and crannies of your vehicle. Was really glad having that Waxoyl applied.

I just got my Bronco in October (2022) and after looking at things underneath, I have to say the chassis looks even more exposed than the Rover! (So many holes and cut-outs in the frame.) I found a local shop that does Waxoyl here in Maryland and am going to go talk to them, check their experience level and get a quote.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odorless, colorless, $159. Dynamic formula that creeps into all the nooks and crannies. No dripping.

https://keeprustaway.com/

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had Waxoyl professionally applied to my LR Disco II while I was stationed in Rhode Island. They first used the Waxoyl 120-4 (clear in color) fogged under pressure with wands into the Rover’s undercarriage seams and into the door panels. Then they applied the hard wax (black in color) on the chassis metal. I’m not familiar with Fluid Film but Waxoyl 120-4 is wax-based, onetime permanent corrosion protection. With abrasion and wear, they do recommend a touch-up every 4-6 years. Have to say it remained compliant and effective even after I was restationed to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland. It was there I experienced their highway department’s use of brine salt spray during winter commuting. Great at melting ice but nasty stuff getting into the nooks and crannies of your vehicle. Was really glad having that Waxoyl applied.

I just got my Bronco in October (2022) and after looking at things underneath, I have to say the chassis looks even more exposed than the Rover! (So many holes and cut-outs in the frame.) I found a local shop that does Waxoyl here in Maryland and am going to go talk to them, check their experience level and get a quote.
Whose the shop in the MD? In my area (Baltimore) I only came across a Ziebart shop and they quoted about $665 for my Bronco.

Pretty sure my Google search ability just sucks though lol.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whose the shop in the MD? In my area (Baltimore) I only came across a Ziebart shop and they quoted about $665 for my Bronco.

So

I’m currently checking on cost with a veteran-owned business called
Mid-Atlantic Rovers at 6655 Dobbin Rd #27 Columbia, MD. There’s also Polished 2 Perfection in Severna Park, MD. And then there’s Independent Land Rover Service in North Bethesda (but I think you have to negotiate with them because they focus only on working on Rovers).

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a place in upper Illinois do my 4 door base squatch for $280 out the door in fluid film last week. Subsequent annual applications for 89 bucks. They were very thorough and took the the time to explain what they were doing and why. Time will tell how it holds up to Wisconsin winters. Check out Midwest Customs if you’re in the area, great people.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think in the fall 2023, I'll do this myself and use CRC corrosion inhibitor.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really is the superior product
I really don't care for how messy fluid film is and appears to stay after application. Yeah, it will have to do the job this winter, but from now on I'll use CRC corrosion inhibitor and do it myself. I'm open to trying new products and fluid film was a necessity to get done asap this past weekend on our 2019 Explorer we just bought. It'll serve the purpose for one winter season.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have had this vehicle for a little over one week. Decided to have Fluid Film professionally applied to the entire undercarriage. I want to protect it from salted winter roads in Ohio.

The shop had just recently had a base program Bronco in so they were familiar with the different nooks and crannies. They advised applying into the doors, especially since there were openings already. Raptor has additional openings at the bottom of the doors. I was glad no drilling was needed.

The smell is definitely strange, but not bad. They said it usually last a few days then goes away. Did not drip much in the garage. But it is still slowly seeping from the door drains.

From here on out, they will just apply the Fluid Film once a year, wherever it needs reapplied.
It is a good feeling knowing that the vehicle is much better protected now. It is currently my daily driver.

E2B6FFD6-54AB-4A79-8E3C-23355A687D80.jpeg

F1A2DECE-054F-401A-9719-56075BC2B36F.jpeg
C09EDF82-F5C2-411A-815E-F0491453AEAD.jpeg
150DF10A-7398-4847-9406-527C31705CE1.jpeg
BE4E4BA5-233D-416F-9838-CF7C4BC68C5C.jpeg

AC4626C0-65F6-4419-91FF-944878CD5D9B.jpeg

looks like white lithium grease, very tacky and hard to wash off and a very distinctive odor that lasts a few days.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3.5 gallons of Fluid Film seems like a lot of product. My buddy usually uses a gallon on his 3/4 ton crew cab.

We had our first snow here this morning. The first thing my wife said to me was “time to switch the Bronco insurance to the storage policy.” She’s right, I won’t drive it now that the roads have been salted. Fortunately I have a work truck and she has a leased Tacoma for two more winters, so I can kick the can down the road on any rustproofing until probably winter 2024.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bought the kit to do it myself, this will be my second winter using it and it's pretty much spotless underneath here in dirty jersey with 20k on the bronco..
Bergen County, here. What kit did you use?
Sponsored