Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you are planning on mounting the available Rigid pod lights onto the bumper to use as fogs? You can do this, but it looks like Ford wants to mount them on at the A-pillar when you select them in the build and price, so you might have to move them yourself. Also, the lights available from Ford probably do not have the correct beam pattern to be used as fog lights.

Whether you have factory fog lights or go aftermarket, you should be able to turn them on independently. Meaning, the headlights do not need to be on in order for the factory switch to work. Anything wired into one of the upfitter switches will also be able to be used without the headlights being on.

If you meant you are having two sets of lights, one set on the A-pillar and one down on the bumper, they will likely be controlled by separate switches and definitely can be controlled that way if you rewire them or wire them yourself.

Because the Badlands is not available with fog lights, I will be adding a factory foglight switch or using one of the available upfitter switches to control them. I would prefer integration into the factory switch and harness, but I am unsure how difficult it will be to add.
Thanks. Somehow knew you'd know your shit. Sticking with stock and will reassess in the future based on my habits

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I plan to utilize Baja Designs lights to be installed after I take delivery. Although Rigid could have similar lights, the B&P did not provide us with the details I needed.

I began by understanding the Lighting Zones so I would select the correct options.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/Science-of-Lighting/Lighting-Zones.asp

I will probably select Squadron SAE Pair LED Wide Cornering, Amber for street legal snow/fog/dust. These will give me coverage in Zones 1 & 2. These will be placed within my Badlands steel bumper.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-SAE-Pair-LED-Wide-Cornering-Amber.asp

Next, I will select Squadron Sport, Pair Amber LED Driving/Combo for Off-Road Only where snow/fog/dust is an issue. These will give me additional coverage for Zone 3. These will be placed in or on the steel bumper.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-sport-pair-amber-led-driving-combo.asp

For my ditch lights, I will select S2 Pro, LED Spot for Off-Road Only ditch illumination. These will give me coverage for Zone 4. These will be placed on the ditch light location next to the rear-view mirrors.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/s2-pro-led-spot.asp

In addition, I will be installing lighting for Zone 7 in the rear and maybe a lower grill level light bar which will not compromise my front trail camera for additional off-road driving/combo lighting at a later date. Rock lights attached to the underbody may be considered. I will be certain to allocate my aux switches accordingly.

For me, it is a more comprehensive plan than utilizing the B&P options.

Last but not least, I will probably be using a dedicated fuse box (space permitting) rather than inline fuses to aid in ongoing maintenance.

As we know, Paul, our Baja Designs rep has moved over to the Purchasing Department at BD and Chris is now our rep. His organization should have the mounts we need once we take delivery.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

The Mountain Man

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedition, 15 Jetta TDI, 12 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some questions on Fog Lights.

1. Are they really worth it? I have never lived in a fog prone area. Never had them. Did run into serious fog in North Carolina trying to go to the top of whatever that mountain is, the tallest one in the eastern USA. Had to turn back. Would it have made a difference?
That would be Mount Mitchell. And no, it gets so foggy up there nothing would work. If you had the light from the Hatteras Lighthouse strapped to your front bumper you still wouldn’t be able to see shit when it’s real foggy on Mount Mitchell.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've learned that if you are able to direct fog lights slightly downwards so that it is actually illuminating the road itself, it will diminish glare by a LOT .... goes without saying that fog lights have to be mounted low

BroncoNext

Heritage
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon daily driver, ‘78 CJ for fun
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I got pulled over once for using my fog lights at night (2007 Jeep with crappy stock lights, barely adds some little bit of extra road lighting in dark areas.. anything helps right) because it wasn’t “adverse conditions”. Sorry officer... <dick>

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find them very useful in the rain and dark for illuminating road markings, especially in poorly marked construction areas when I am on the road pre-dawn. Travel a lot in unfamiliar areas for work in in the center third of the country, not really necessary if I am in an area I a used to driving in.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

360 lights option

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fog lights are worth it to me. I drive in bad weather a lot here in Michigan and it's nice to have that light down low. Whether it would have cut through the fog enough for you to drive up that mountain, I do not know. Fog lights do work though, or cars would have stopped coming with them.

I started a thread a while back about adding fog lights to the modular bumper and some of the options. You might find some more info you are looking for and maybe some info on things you haven't thought of yet in there.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/aftermarket-fog-lights-modular-front-bumper.5399/
I am adding pod lights after market for off roading in Michigan’s UP

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am adding pod lights after market for off roading in Michigan’s UP
Right now I am looking at a set of Baja Designs Squadron SAE's for fog lights (not sure how I want to mount them yet, but I will think of something) and a set of their Squadron Sports or S2 Pro's (for a lower profile) on the A-pillar both in their driving/combo beam.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan to utilize Baja Designs lights to be installed after I take delivery. Although Rigid could have similar lights, the B&P did not provide us with the details I needed.

I began by understanding the Lighting Zones so I would select the correct options.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/Science-of-Lighting/Lighting-Zones.asp

I will probably select Squadron SAE Pair LED Wide Cornering, Amber for street legal snow/fog/dust. These will give me coverage in Zones 1 & 2. These will be placed within my Badlands steel bumper.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-SAE-Pair-LED-Wide-Cornering-Amber.asp

Next, I will select Squadron Sport, Pair Amber LED Driving/Combo for Off-Road Only where snow/fog/dust is an issue. These will give me additional coverage for Zone 3. These will be placed in or on the steel bumper.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-sport-pair-amber-led-driving-combo.asp

For my ditch lights, I will select S2 Pro, LED Spot for Off-Road Only ditch illumination. These will give me coverage for Zone 4. These will be placed on the ditch light location next to the rear-view mirrors.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/s2-pro-led-spot.asp

In addition, I will be installing lighting for Zone 7 in the rear and maybe a lower grill level light bar which will not compromise my front trail camera for additional off-road driving/combo lighting at a later date. Rock lights attached to the underbody may be considered. I will be certain to allocate my aux switches accordingly.

For me, it is a more comprehensive plan than utilizing the B&P options.

Last but not least, I will probably be using a dedicated fuse box (space permitting) rather than inline fuses to aid in ongoing maintenance.

As we know, Paul, our Baja Designs rep has moved over to the Purchasing Department at BD and Chris is now our rep. His organization should have the mounts we need once we take delivery.

Hope this is helpful.
what do you think of rock crawler lights

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"FOG" lights have a shield on the bulb to prevent the beam from being directed above about 80º, otherwise the light is just reflected back at you by the fog, making visibility worse, like turning on your hi-beams, the shield produces a Flat wedge shaped beam that cuts thru and under the fog, illuminating the road, using a pod light as a fog light more than likely will not work out well for these reasons. I am a fan of a very bright RED rear light (drivers side) as most accidents in fog are rear end collisions.